• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Konami's Famous Gunslinger, Bill Rizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

Who remembers Contra? I do, and I am surprised I haven't seen this thread created. Bill Rizer is the main character of the Contra series. This game follows him shutting down the Red Falcon organization by shooting everything related in sight. The thing is that if you are hit 3 times, it's game over. It's also infamous for popularizing the Konami Code. He is owned by Konami, who were the people who made Snake in smash. This means if Konami were to get another character, Bill Rizer would be a good choice. Simon is there too, though.

Criteria
People who remember the devil known as Contra would have joy bringing the pain to the 3 shot character, and fans of the character would like to fire away and the Red Nintendo organization (hehe...). The character does have his own little uniqueness. He is an all gun character, who can fire away everywhere. Bullet hell in short, which hasn't been done to an extent in smash. In the fitting section, he would be a gun image, because we all need that one character. Kinda like Snake. He does contribute in his own ways to balance. For every Meta Knight there is always a Ganondorf, and Bill would fit in the middle of that. Which is meaning things.

Why should he get in and not Simon
This is the best argument against him, and here is the reason why. I say old school Konami games? Contra and Castlevania are the 2 that come to mind. Now let me ask you old school Konami shooters? Contra. Hardest shooter? Contra. Game that built one of the major parts of the 3rd Generation? Contra and the Konami code. Simon does have other questions that come to mind, but for now I'll go with this.

People who suck at Contra
StaffofSmashing
Altais
Sobreviviente

DISCUSS

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ah, I remember Contra. Royally sucked at the game.

Anyhow, though I doubt we will get one, I can definitely see how a Contra character would be totally unique, in terms of playstyle. Said character could be similar to Mega Man, in which his jab would consist of gun fire instead of punching or kicking. He could also fire in any direction the player holds the control stick.

Gosh, it has been so long since I have played this game...

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Ah, I remember Contra. Royally sucked at the game.

Anyhow, though I doubt we will get one, I can definitely see how a Contra character would be totally unique, in terms of playstyle. Said character could be similar to Mega Man, in which his jab would consist of gun fire instead of punching or kicking. He could also fire in any direction the player holds the control stick.

Gosh, it has been so long since I have played this game...
Great! Shall I add you to the supporters list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom