• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Yes. on the PS123/4
Interesting facts about both Kaz and Iwata.

Why cant we all learn from this? Despite being in competition they still enjoy each others products.
Of course what Third-Party Franchise has games and characters seen only on Nintendo owned platforms? Phoenix Wright? He appeared in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation Vita. His games was also released on PC and the iOS. Professor Layton? His games has been released on the android and iOS. Even Mario, Link, and several Pokemon characters failed as they appeared on the Atari, Phillps CD-i, and the iOS respectively. There's no one.:c You need to ask yourself: who created Bomberman? If it is Hudson, then he could not be considered a Nintendo character. Characters created by Nintendo are Nintendo characters. It is irrelevant on how many times he appears in Nintendo platforms, he is still a Hudson character.
Maybe people are afraid that having third-party characters in Super Smash Bros will suddenly cause Nintendo to go bankrupt, losing billions of dollars of profit they amassed over decades. Third-Party characters are in the franchise due to how popular they are. The amount of games they have released on certain platforms is irrelevant. I wonder what makes people think that 3rd-parties in Super Smash Bros is for having X number of games on a Nintendo platform rather than how popular they are. Did Sakurai says that something like they need to have 200 games on a Nintendo platform first? No I don't recall him ever saying that. If it was a number of games we would have seen Shantae in Smash.
But I guess we can't be actual humans who enjoy having some fun in our lives. Having Third-Party characters with their own fanbase that increases the appeal of Super Smash Bros is apparently bad for whatever reason. :(
I thought video games was supposed to be about having fun, forgetting about our troubles, revisiting the careless and free inner kid inside us. Games shouldn't be politicized that much.

Sigh, I guess that's just how the world works nowadays. "Sorry guys, no Playstation 5 because Obama. U all gonna play Atari again from tomorrow" :crying:

Of course you already said something similar so at this point I feel like I'm just feeding the Internet Troll who is unable to make any valid points to backup his argument. He isn't being serious and only post things in order to get a rise out of people and maybe wanting to incite a flame war.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
Interesting facts about both Kaz and Iwata.

Why cant we all learn from this? Despite being in competition they still enjoy each others products.
Of course what Third-Party Franchise has games and characters seen only on Nintendo owned platforms? Phoenix Wright? He appeared in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation Vita. His games was also released on PC and the iOS. Professor Layton? His games has been released on the android and iOS. Even Mario, Link, and several Pokemon characters failed as they appeared on the Atari, Phillps CD-i, and the iOS respectively. There's no one.:c You need to ask yourself: who created Bomberman? If it is Hudson, then he could not be considered a Nintendo character. Characters created by Nintendo are Nintendo characters. It is irrelevant on how many times he appears in Nintendo platforms, he is still a Hudson character.
Maybe people are afraid that having third-party characters in Super Smash Bros will suddenly cause Nintendo to go bankrupt, losing billions of dollars of profit they amassed over decades. Third-Party characters are in the franchise due to how popular they are. The amount of games they have released on certain platforms is irrelevant. I wonder what makes people think that 3rd-parties in Super Smash Bros is for having X number of games on a Nintendo platform rather than how popular they are. Did Sakurai says that something like they need to have 200 games on a Nintendo platform first? No I don't recall him ever saying that. If it was a number of games we would have seen Shantae in Smash.
But I guess we can't be actual humans who enjoy having some fun in our lives. Having Third-Party characters with their own fanbase that increases the appeal of Super Smash Bros is apparently bad for whatever reason. :(
I thought video games was supposed to be about having fun, forgetting about our troubles, revisiting the careless and free inner kid inside us. Games shouldn't be politicized that much.

Sigh, I guess that's just how the world works nowadays. "Sorry guys, no Playstation 5 because Obama. U all gonna play Atari again from tomorrow" :crying:

Of course you already said something similar so at this point I feel like I'm just feeding the Internet Troll who is unable to make any valid points to backup his argument. He isn't being serious and only post things in order to get a rise out of people and maybe wanting to incite a flame war.
That's the guy who "hates MGS".
I Hate MGS
I'm not sure he's serious or not and I don't know why he "hates MGS" but I do know he does loves to waste his life away bashing the franchise, injecting his hate posts to this thread. It could be that he feels that his life is miserable so he wants to make everyone's life miserable too. I'm not trying to insult anyone but couldn't he just find something more productive to do in his life? He "hates MGS" so...he decides to spend time with anything related to it. He's forcing himself to deal with the Metal Gear franchise no one else is or at least I don't think someone is pointing a gun at his head and making him type these posts but I'm really just speculating on why would someone spend time with something you hate and instead just ignore it and chose one of the millions of options to do something else that has nothing to do with Metal Gear. I don't know what goes on in his life but SmashBoards has The Unhappy Thread, a thread that you can discuss something that is making you depress and sad. If you haven't posted something there that explains what's getting you down @ the smash nerd the smash nerd SmashBoards is here for you.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Oh look a distraction:

Seriously, don't let the hate get to you. Some people don't like MGS for some unholy reason. Just don't bash @ the smash nerd the smash nerd . @ the smash nerd the smash nerd please don;t post mindlessly here say that Snake shouldn't be in. He was in Brawl and is part of SSB (and Nintendo) canon, which makes him just as Nintendo as Zelda.

On another topic: What do you think would be some custom moves for Snake? Here's my list.

Special 1: Fast Grenade (Explodes faster, only one out at a time), Triple Grenade (Three Grenades out maximum, slower explosion time)

Special 2: RPG (Fast Projectile with high knock back, not controllable), Flamethower (Function similarly to Fire Breath)

Special 3: Electric Field (Similar the Snake's recovery in PM, but electric effect lasts loungers and chains into itself), Futon Recovery (Similar to Balloon Trip, but you can attach it to other players).

Special 4: Sleep Gas (A grenade is thrown that puts all grounded players asleep for 3 seconds, affects Snake as well), Claymore (Detonate when players steps into proximity, up to two can be placed at a time).

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I think a good C4 custom would be a more powerful C4 that either can't be placed on enemies, or can only be placed on enemies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Plastic explosive, acts like a normal c4 except it detonates on it's own.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's always the Bouncing Betty; more range, covers the air, but less damage to compensate for its range.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
You can get MGS2 on the Xbox,PC,and 360. That is not an exclusive.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is on 360. That is also not an exclusive
You should do more research before you try to make ludicrous claims like these. It's not that hard to go to MGS2 & Peace Walker's Wikipedia page and see what platforms it was released on, but you clearly show you lack the capability of doing so.
I did my exclusives to Sony on MG Wiki?

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
[quote="Ekans647, post: 18231789, member: 236873}

Seriously, don't let the hate get to you. Some people don't like MGS for some unholy reason. Just don't bash @ the smash nerd the smash nerd . @ the smash nerd the smash nerd please don;t post mindlessly here say that Snake shouldn't be in. He was in Brawl and is part of SSB (and Nintendo) canon, which makes him just as Nintendo as Zelda. [/quote]
:snake:'s Not Nintendo :4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4metaknight::4mii::4miif::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4villagerf::4wario::4wario2::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:eic All Nintendo :4megaman:maybe But Not :snake:

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Talking about exlusive game...
Snake's Revenge: Metal Gear II, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes are all Nintendo exlusives, so Nintendo had more MG exlusive games than Sony.
(Yeah, TTS is a remake, but it's still an exclusive, because Konami haven't put it neither in the HD Collection or the Legacy Collection).

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
You know really baffles me? Not only isn't there a single MGS game for the Wii U, but there's none for the Wii U's VC either. All of the other third-party characters in Smash 4 have games for both systems in some capacity (including Wii U's VC), and yet nothing from MG appears on the Wii U. Even the Wii got the NES MG on the VC (only for JPN though). I remember when the Wii U got data mined on its launch in 2012 there was something MGS found on the files. Whatever happened to that?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
:snake:'s Not Nintendo :4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4metaknight::4mii::4miif::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4villagerf::4wario::4wario2::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:eic All Nintendo :4megaman:maybe But Not :snake:
Pac-Man is not Nintendo. And there isn't any maybe; Mega Man isn't. If They can be counted as Nintendo "'cause they have a long story with Nintendo", the same goes for Snake, present since the NES days and with more exclusive on Nintendo systems than on other platforms. Or they all Nintendo, or none of them.

You know really baffles me? Not only isn't there a single MGS game for the Wii U, but there's none for the Wii U's VC either. All of the other third-party characters in Smash 4 have games for both systems in some capacity (including Wii U's VC), and yet nothing from MG appears on the Wii U. Even the Wii got the NES MG on the VC (only for JPN though). I remember when the Wii U got data mined on its launch in 2012 there was something MGS found on the files. Whatever happened to that?
It's really strange, but it's true that Snake have a fully retailer game on the 3DS, an actual Nintendo system where Smash is (something than someone is lacking, right :4megaman:?).

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
@ Nonno Umby Nonno Umby I think you're quoting the wrong person lol. :p

Also I was counting VC on both systems too (which has MM games). ;)
Yeah, I've made some mistakes with the quote system.
However, my point was that a retailer game on one of the systems is a presence at least as good as old games on VC on both systems. Not as good as :4sonic: or :4pacman:, but still as good as :4megaman:.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've made some mistakes with the quote system.
However, my point was that a retailer game on one of the systems is a presence at least as good as old games on VC on both systems. Not as good as :4sonic: or :4pacman:, but still as good as :4megaman:.
Mmm, I don't really agree with that all. At least MM has VC games on both systems as opposed to MG being stuck on one system. Even the Wii got NES MG for the VC even if it was only released in JPN. And even though I mentioned this, whatever happened to MGS game that was found on the Wii U files?

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
The amount of Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Wii U's Virtual Console is so low is like they never existed. :troll:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/12/sega-has-no-plans-for-wii-u-virtual-console/
Well that explains a lot. :(
I didn't say I only counted VC, I said I was including VC on the third party games from those characters in Smash 4. All I stated in my OP is that I'm disappointed that there isn't a single MG representation on the Wii U, not even on the Virtual Console.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Seriously, don't let the hate get to you. Some people don't like MGS for some unholy reason. Just don't bash @ the smash nerd the smash nerd . @ the smash nerd the smash nerd please don;t post mindlessly here say that Snake shouldn't be in. He was in Brawl and is part of SSB (and Nintendo) canon, which makes him just as Nintendo as Zelda.
:snake:'s Not Nintendo :4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4metaknight::4mii::4miif::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4villagerf::4wario::4wario2::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:eic All Nintendo :4megaman:maybe But Not :snake:[/quote]
The Subspace Emissary was a canon incident in the Nintendo universe that Solid Snake was a part of, therefore Snake is part of the Nintendo canon. Snake is part of the Nintendo canon, which means is (at least partly) a Nintendo Character. In fact, as long a series has at least one game on a Nintendo console makes that series Nintendo.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There is MSX virtual console on wii u and 3ds, but you're right, no metal gear yet. It will come eventually.
IDK about that MGS miiverse thing, but I really hope it's true. I also want that final fantasy game.

I did my exclusives to Sony on MG Wiki?
IDK where you got that info from, but you're wrong. I own mgs2 on pc, and I know peace walker is on 360.

[quote="Ekans647, post: 18231789, member: 236873]

You do know sakurai has stated that he doesn't consider any of the 3rd party characters "nintendo"?
Pacman,megaman,&sonic are not Nintendo. They are not owned by Nintnedo, they don't exclusively appear on nintendo platforms. Therefore they are not nintendo.
Snake isn't sony, he is not owned by Sony, and he doesnt exclusively appear on sony platforms. Sure, he's got a lot of games on playstation, but he isn't sony, but rather he's Konami.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sonic and Pac-Man are mainly defined by their appearances on Sega consoles and arcades, respectively. With a few agreed-upon exceptions, (Sonic Colours, Sonic Generations, Pac-Man World 2 among others), their games outside of these categories haven't exactly been the greatest. (When you think of Sonic, the first thing that's generally going to come to mind are the Genesis games or the Sonic Adventure games; games like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Unleashed aren't usually considered to measure up to those standards)

With third party characters in Smash Bros., it's more about their contribution to video games as a whole. Whether it's advancements in terms of gameplay (Sonic and Mega Man added a lot to the platforming genre, or even video games as a whole) or story (Metal Gear was one of the first franchises in the 8-bit era to have a story more complicated than "save the princess" or "defeat the monster", and it's still breaking new ground in that area to this day, addressing topics like child soldiers or the control of information in society that most games won't touch), or how inspirational it is (Pac-Man inspired countless developers, Miyamoto included, to get into the medium of gaming), all of the third party characters that have been playable in Smash Bros. have played major roles in the evolution of video games.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Sonic and Pac-Man are mainly defined by their appearances on Sega consoles and arcades, respectively. With a few agreed-upon exceptions, (Sonic Colours, Sonic Generations, Pac-Man World 2 among others), their games outside of these categories haven't exactly been the greatest. (When you think of Sonic, the first thing that's generally going to come to mind are the Genesis games or the Sonic Adventure games; games like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Unleashed aren't usually considered to measure up to those standards)

With third party characters in Smash Bros., it's more about their contribution to video games as a whole. Whether it's advancements in terms of gameplay (Sonic and Mega Man added a lot to the platforming genre, or even video games as a whole) or story (Metal Gear was one of the first franchises in the 8-bit era to have a story more complicated than "save the princess" or "defeat the monster", and it's still breaking new ground in that area to this day, addressing topics like child soldiers or the control of information in society that most games won't touch), or how inspirational it is (Pac-Man inspired countless developers, Miyamoto included, to get into the medium of gaming), all of the third party characters that have been playable in Smash Bros. have played major roles in the evolution of video games.
This reminds me, I actually got in an argument with a Lloyd supporter about this, saying that Lloyd isn't iconic or made a big of impact like Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Pac Man (hence why Pac Man was chosen over him). Then he lashes out saying that Snake isn't iconic and that being iconic doesn't matter for being a third party. Wut?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's kind of silly. I supported Lloyd too (I expected Pac-Man, but I figured someone like Lloyd had a lot more to work with), but saying that Snake isn't iconic is ridiculous when Metal Gear is easily Konami's biggest franchise (compare the amount of advertising and hyping up that was done for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes to any modern Castlevania game).

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
There is MSX virtual console on wii u and 3ds, but you're right, no metal gear yet. It will come eventually.
IDK about that MGS miiverse thing, but I really hope it's true. I also want that final fantasy game
Japan got both msx metal gear games on the wii VC, so it did happen just not worldwide.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Actually, Mega Man is Capcom, Pac-Man is Namco, and Sonic is SEGA. None of the characters are owned by Nintendo. Hence why they are called 3rd party.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I was at the gym the other day and I was talking to my dad about the gaming community. I brought that one of my favorite things about the community is that you can choose you own nickname. Then my dad says "Well back in the military they used to call me Snake.". MY DAD JUST MADE A METAL GEAR REFERENCE why do you torture me like this...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I was at the gym the other day and I was talking to my dad about the gaming community. I brought that one of my favorite things about the community is that you can choose you own nickname. Then my dad says "Well back in the military they used to call me Snake.". MY DAD JUST MADE A METAL GEAR REFERENCE why do you torture me like this...
It could go either way. Either it's an intentional reference or he really was called that. I certainly can't speak for him.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
He probably works for Nintendo.:troll:
It's either a tease, a simple reference, or genuine trolling and I don't like it. :c

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now in Bill Trinen flavor.

See that's just funny, btw is the FB comment not there anymore? I can't find it?

Also, I want to get MGS3D digitally.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
See that's just funny, btw is the FB comment not there anymore? I can't find it?

I haven't bothered to look, honestly, so I can't tell you.

The theme will suffice for me, personally. I've already played MGS3 on a console.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'm pretty sure the Event tease was a coincidence.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It was a reference. I know it. Sometimes he can be an ******.
Perhaps it's a hint at what your christmas present might be? ;)

Go for it, it's at a swell price too.
Now in Bill Trinen flavor.

Remember this?:
https://twitter.com/trintran/status/506123549308747776

I'm pretty sure the Event tease was a coincidence.
It doesn't matter now considering they haven't decided on anyone else besides mewtwo. It could still be a reference, as it isn't uncommon for someone to sneak something in as reference to something else in these types of things.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Warning Received

You're either an amazing troll, or the single most autistic person I've seen on Smashboards.
Either way keep posting, you're hysterical.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm going to put an end to this debate here.
Snake is not Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft he is KONAMI which is 3rd Party. When he made his debut in Brawl he was a GUEST Character and so is :4sonic:, :4pacman:, :4megaman:
There all GUEST Characters sure we can make arguments with the Troll (@ the smash nerd the smash nerd ) but what's the point we should ignore him.

Merry Christmas FOXHOUNDERS

Top Bottom