• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Katina from SF64

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I've checked the index and searched, there is no such topic.

Many SF fanboys remember the Katina level as one of the more epic of mass dogfights. Basically, its a large building in the shape of a truncated pyramid in the middle of nowhere. There's a whole bunch of enemies and a whole bunch of allies locked in a large-scale areal battle. Eventually a large flying saucer flies in, spits out more enemies and does its giant flying saucer destruction thing.

Video footage of Katina

As a stage for brawl, I would think thing the main part would be atop the pyramid building with possibly some platforms or the like. the ends at the sides of the stage would be sloped down away from the stage (you are fighting on top of a pyramid after all). The backround would naturally be the massive aerial battle with possibly the large flying saucer being destroyed at the last moment. There are several possibilities for stage hazards; laserfire from the many ships flying about, wrecked spaceships plummeting from the battle above, I'm not quite sure how to incorporate the giant flying saucer (I have a limited imagination, I know)

You know the routine; comment/input/flame/ect.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I like that suggestion. Katina really was a kickass level. what i don't understand is why sector Z was used in smash64 as i never even seen the stage until i downloaded the rom. Anyways. I like that suggestion.

Sariku

Smash Master
Tis Alright, though I would prefer something different. We got Lylat Cruise, possibly taking the spot of Corneria. Then we have atleast one more, if the same in Melee holds its own.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
Beautiful idea. This level would be extremely epic IMO. Katina was my favorite level in SF64. The dogfights were extremely epic, and the "Mothership" was destructive. Your level idea is awesome, and even my imagination can't come up with anything more to do with the level.

Edit: Nevermind, I have thought of something..

Ok, Imagine that in the background, the "mothership" arrives after a while in the game. The "Goodies" begin to slowly destoy it in the background. If the fight goes on for long enough, the ship will be destroyed, and then it comes plummeting into the side of the Pyramid. It slams into the middle of the Pyramid, causing it to crumble and forcing everyone to fall onto the Ship. the ship is now the main stage. It is held up ontop of half the pyramid, and the other half is debris all over the top of it. The dogfight in the background is now over, and the battle now goes on until it ends.

xP

Squarical

Smash Rookie
Wow Fang, that idea is brilliant.

I also am a big fan of the Katina Dogfights.

That stage was tremendously fun to play in.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
Thanks.

I think it would be awesome to see the "Mothership" slam into the stage from the background.

:)

Top Bottom