• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Little late to the K party, Komrade.

Anyway, I still think it would be weird if K. Rool was just a mere trophy.
Agreed... Even if he's not playable (although I'm kuite konfident he may very well be playable), I don't think K. Rool is going to pop up again as JUST a trophy.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
About the DLC topic. Im still suspicious about it. Nintendo has never really done strong DLC like new characters on one of their big games (Mario Golf 3DS would be a first to have DLC characters; but it seems they arent doing it for Mario Kart 8, which had a lot of potential). And I'm not sure how well the Wii U or 3DS can handle not on disc DLC, assuming they wouldn't attempt on disc DLC.
Smash has good opportunities for DLC, but right now I can't see it beyond clones. So I would expect to have all the original characters in the game, and all the clones for DLC.

And to keep this post K. Roolish. I wouldn't expect K. Rool to fit as a clone of any of the other characters (Dedede barely if you play around with the blunderbuss).
In the best case Nintendo decides to do something like "DLC will consist of internet most requested characters". Then, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and Krystal would be the most probable ones.

One last thing. Am I even in the supporter list?. Couldn't Ctrl+F myself in there. And if Im supporting a character in this Smash, is the K. Roolster.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Like I've been saying, I'm konfident that the Gematsu list is incomplete. The likely scenario is that the unannounced Gematsu 3 are going to be announced pre launch, and the guy didn't know the secret/unlockable newcomers (if he's in advertising/marketing then he wouldn't, as people are only told what they need to know to avoid this kind of thing from leaking).

I think we'll see 3 extra newcomers (locked):
- Ridley (I don't see any sense in teasing fans with a playable character for months (and who is essentially the most requested character) if he's anything but playable. That's really not a good business tactic, he teased Palutena too and she ended up in, and she didn't receive anywhere the amount of teasing as Ridley has.)
- Ghirahim (Providing that Gematsu is correct and that Chrom is in, then 2 of the Trophy Quiz hints have lead to playable characters, I'm pretty confident that Ridley is in due to the reasons I stated above, so that would mean 3/4. If Mario and Pokemon both got newcomers representing their most recent main games, then I don't see why Zelda wouldn't.)
- K. Rool (although this could technically be Dixie. Mainly K. Rool because I see no other reason why the Kremlings would have been brought back when they could have just left it at the Tikis. The startling lack of a new DK stage suggests that something is up, which would probably fit K. Rool more than Dixie.)

Sakurai has addressed the "lack of female" characters nitpick in the roster, the other major nitpick was the lack of villains. 3 unlockable villains, two of which are among the most fan-requested characters, and have been since pre-brawl sounds right to me.
Replace K Rool for Dixie and we're pretty much in agreement. I was starting to think I was the only one who believed in the Trophy Quiz Theory. I also think Ghirahim will make it in. There is a lot of Skyward Sword content in Smash and Ghirahim fits the bill the best in my opinion.

But, we should probably move along from this topic.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's bothering me that we still don't have much to talk about with k. rool besides hoping he's in the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Today's pic isn't related to K. Rool, but if he's in, he'll be the unanimous king of alt costumes. Sakurai isn't isn't afraid of going the extra mile in these.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Today's pic isn't related to K. Rool, but if he's in, he'll be the unanimous king of alt costumes. Sakurai isn't isn't afraid of going the extra mile in these.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. K. Rool could have all of his costumes as alts with their own recolors at this rate.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie. The moment I saw this update I thought about K. Rool.

There are plenty of characters that probably deserve a single costume more than him, but K. Rool is the one who most wants -multiple- costumes. If anyone would get more than one, it'd be him. This is a subtle thing but I think it speaks well for the king.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whelp, K. Rool escapes to battle the Kong Klan another day. Just beat DKC2 for the third time and second time with 102%, also the second time in the past few months. I cleared every single level with Dixie Kong (except one; stupid bonus stage in Klobber Karnage and I didn't save in a while either). Next up, DKC3, and then once that's over with, I'll do the GBA versions! :D

Kaptain K. Rool is just so damn hilarious. The original K. Rool battle isn't half bad either.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Makes me wonder what's gonna happen with Little Mac's intro animation. Because he runs in wearing the suit and then throws it off.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea i can see it if confirmed playable (either way)

All of his brothers including his boxing ring outfit are probably going to be his alternates

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Makes me wonder what's gonna happen with Little Mac's intro animation. Because he runs in wearing the suit and then throws it off.
Hmmm... it makes no sense, but in my head he takes his pants off instead

D

Deleted member

Why would Kaptain K.Rool be his alt costume? After all he's K. Rool's brother

D

Deleted member

K. Rool as a Smash Run boss would be EVEN worse than boss Ridley, not only that would mean he will only be represented in the 3DS version but he would need to be a boss that is easy and quick to kill, which contraries the first DKC game where he takes 9 hits to be taken down while other boss at the time required only 3, if it happens for both Ridley and K. Rool, two of Nintendo's biggest(lol) villains to be reduced to a Sand Bag reskin, I'm going to lose my respect for Sakurai

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I hope it's that blue Krusha/Krump looking Kremling from DK Barrel Blast. If this isn't K. Rool, the more Kremlings, the better. If this is K. Rool...:191:.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What'd they say?
Around 24:14 (Click the number) they were recapping on Sakurai's plans for Smash Run. He mentions Kraid by name and hints at a "Kremling Boss".

As InASnowBoundLand said, if it's Krush or Klump it boosts King K. Rool's chances even more. If it is King K. Rool it is a pretty hard nail in the coffin and makes the possibility of a DLC fighter iffy if he is already a boss in Smash Run. Really depends on how characters like that will be handled...but i'd rather not think about the worst scenario.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd bet on Krusha being the "big Kremling," because you'd think, if it were K. Rool or Klump, they'd be more descriptive than just "big Kremling," and would mention, like, "a Kremling wearing a crown" or "an army hat."

K. Rool DLC wouldn't be ruled out if he were a Smash Run boss either, since he'd just be one out of many random occurrences, and one that could be replaced by a separate DK boss.

Also, I remember one of the people who went to Best Buy said that "Kremling enemies come in different colors and sizes," so perhaps it's just a normal Kremling, sized up?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd bet on Krusha being the "big Kremling," because you'd think, if it were K. Rool or Klump, they'd be more descriptive than just "big Kremling," and would mention, like, "a Kremling wearing a crown" or "an army hat."

K. Rool DLC wouldn't be ruled out if he were a Smash Run boss either, since he'd just be one out of many random occurrences, and one that could be replaced by a separate DK boss.

Also, I remember one of the people who went to Best Buy said that "Kremling enemies come in different colors and sizes," so perhaps it's just a normal Kremling, sized up?
Yeah like i said, It just makes his chances of being a DLC character iffy, when we are not sure how and if King K. Rool would be handled in Smash Run if he was to be included.

It honestly sucks that i can't verify what Sakurai said, someone actually uploaded an audio recording of the roundtable on youtube but it was taken down, wish i downloaded it as an MP3... :urg: Wish I knew who uploaded so i could ask for the file.

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-e3-roundtable-full-audio/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when everyone flipped because of the Falco leak, there was no reason to believe on it and there is none to believe in this guy

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujAkMslCfjo

Uh oh...a big Kremling as a boss in Smash Run...could this be the end of the king? :crazy:
I personally hope it's the muscular Kremling boss who brandished a club in DKC2. But it could be K. Rool, who knows.

It's a weird situation for us, really. Sakurai has treated the Kremlings much better than Nintendo has since Rare left, yet we're left wanting for more....

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If it's just a larger Kremling, it'd help K. Rool's chances by a lot.
If it's K. Rool himself, his chances are dead. Kaput. Nuh-uh. And we don't want that happening.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If Sakurai specifically mentioned Kraid by name, I'm sure he would have done the same for King K. Rool if he was one. I'm pretty sure Sakurai knows who King K. Rool is, especially since he has had trophies as well as song tracks labeled in it. It might just be one of the bulkier lackeys like Kludge, Klump, or Krusha that aren't as well known as the King and was just referred to as a Kremlings

Hoping it's Kludge

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It honestly sucks that i can't verify what Sakurai said, someone actually uploaded an audio recording of the roundtable on youtube but it was taken down, wish i downloaded it as an MP3... :urg: Wish I knew who uploaded so i could ask for the file.

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-e3-roundtable-full-audio/
I have the file, but what do you even need to verify?
I personally hope it's the muscular Kremling boss who brandished a club in DKC2. But it could be K. Rool, who knows.
His name is Klubba. I'm hoping it's him as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also, keep in mind that some of these "Boss Events" include large generic enemies like Bulborb or Bonkers. A large Klump or Krusha would fit in perfectly alongside those guys.

Also, if the guy can name Kraid, surely he can name K. Rool as well, right? He's not just some random Kremling, he's their bloody leader.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have the file, but what do you even need to verify?
His name is Klubba. I'm hoping it's him as well.
Really? Nice can you see if you can find where Sakuari & Translator talks about Boss characters in Smash Run? That could really help.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Remember when everyone flipped because of the Falco leak, there was no reason to believe on it and there is none to believe in this guy
But nobody actually believed that "leak." It was just for yuks.
Right?

Kirbopher is at the very least is a cool guy and hasn't made a name for himself out of lying and trolling with false information. This much I know.
However, I'd imagine if it was indeed King K. Rool he would've known so after seeing him.
It's easy to remember K. Rool. It's a little harder to remember the names of the various "big" kremling enemies.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There are actually a lot of options for this "larger kremling" huh?
Yeah, I'm confident about K. Rool again. Pretty much, this:
Also, keep in mind that some of these "Boss Events" include large generic enemies like Bulborb or Bonkers. A large Klump or Krusha would fit in perfectly alongside those guys.

Also, if the guy can name Kraid, surely he can name K. Rool as well, right? He's not just some random Kremling, he's their bloody leader.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If Sakurai specifically mentioned Kraid by name, I'm sure he would have done the same for King K. Rool if he was one. I'm pretty sure Sakurai knows who King K. Rool is, especially since he has had trophies as well as song tracks labeled in it. It might just be one of the bulkier lackeys like Kludge, Klump, or Krusha that aren't as well known as the King and was just referred to as a Kremlings

Hoping it's Kludge
This seems like a much more likely boss than K. Rool. No offense, but Rool is a joke (meant in the best possible way). This guy looks tough.

Top Bottom