• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Like I said earlier, K. Rool seems to be obviously mailed in for the 3rd game, unleashing his ultimate plan, and thus, requiring the ultimate Kong cast ever assembled.

Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky Kong, now with... *gasp* Kiddie, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, and Funky Kong, all the Kongs of Kong past reunited at last!!!!

But alas, none of them or any force of nature can stop fate.

And fate has spoken.

WE GOT A FELLOWSHIP AS FANS OF THE KREMLING KING!!!
THIS TWO TOWERS OF THE NEW TRILOGY HAVE RISEN!!!!
AND NOW, AT LAST, THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!

ALL HAIL TO THE KING!!!
THE KING OF SWING!!!
THE KING SO MEAN!!!
THE KING OF KINGS!!!
HARK THE HERALD KLAP TRAPS SING!!!
GLORY TO THE KREMLING KING!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do have to say, that boss fight was...disappointing. I love this guy's design (and Walhalla's a much better name), but he's pretty much, well, Diet K. Rool...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's true, K. Rool is basically a lock for the 3rd game, it'd just be such a fitting end to the Returns trilogy. Then again, Retro is the studio which ended the Prime trilogy with an overgrown tumor, so I wouldn't be too sure.

The only problem is that it's poor timing Smash Bros-wise, plus I'm kind of impatient to see people celebrate the return of the Kremlings.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's true, K. Rool is basically a lock for the 3rd game, it'd just be such a fitting end to the Returns trilogy.
It would literally be the Return of Returns, lol!!!
Then again, Retro is the studio which ended the Prime trilogy with an overgrown tumor, so I wouldn't be too sure.
Still thought Prime 3 was amazing. And eh, they managed to tie together things rather nicely while introducing an independent story.
The only problem is that it's poor timing Smash Bros-wise, plus I'm kind of impatient to see people celebrate the return of the Kremlings.
Doesn't really matter, given how iconic Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, and especially K. Rool are. They're all gonna be playable in Smash Bros. games within the next decade probably.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Like I said earlier, K. Rool seems to be obviously mailed in for the 3rd game, unleashing his ultimate plan, and thus, requiring the ultimate Kong cast ever assembled.

Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky Kong, now with... *gasp* Kiddie, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, and Funky Kong, all the Kongs of Kong past reunited at last!!!!
You forgot Candy(as you already mention Funky Kong) and perhaps even Wrinkley and Swanky Kong.

If there were a Kong uniting game on the way, I would expect something close to what DK64 was about and less DKC like.

Maybe the 3rd DKC installment allows 4players-multiplayermode xD
Looking back at the settings of DKCR and DKC:TF, we got:
DKCR: one island(DK island)
DKC:TF multiple islands, one planet
so....
DKC6: multiple planets!
There we go. DKC: Galaxy ;D

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't even know where to start. It's awful enough that you're derailing the K. Rool thread with Tropical Freeze stuff, but spoiling the final boss is going way too far.

Please stop bringing up Tropical Freeze spoilers here, as it's really making K. Rool very angry. There's a reason why I made the following thread...

http://smashboards.com/threads/347841/

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Obvious things would be 1) Special World or 2) Hard Mode.
I'm going to guess Special World, with King K. Rool.
Or it is something that is K. Rool related.

I just want something to justify his recency and say he is not dead!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't even know where to start. It's awful enough that you're derailing the K. Rool thread with Tropical Freeze stuff, but spoiling the final boss is going way too far.

Please stop bringing up Tropical Freeze spoilers here, as it's really making K. Rool very angry. There's a reason why I made the following thread...

http://smashboards.com/threads/347841/
To be honest, I think it did have relevance to K. Rool, since it was a determining factor on whether he was in the game or not, thus it could have affected his chance in Smash Bros. It's not like anything big was spoiled either, since the thumbnail of the video is simply a picture of the boss from the opening cinematic, which we saw quite a while ago, so if anyone got spoiled it's their own fault.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
In the event that a Diddy & Dixie tag-team is revealed today, I'd like to remind everyone that I was one of the first ones to take the idea seriously.
I remember posting my roster with it, and people saying how stupid of an idea it was and that it is completely unlikely.

If we get a Didxey team, then we can have Dixie AND K. Rool!
And everyone will be happy! (Except the Cranky fans).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
In the event that a Diddy & Dixie tag-team is revealed today, I'd like to remind everyone that I was one of the first ones to take the idea seriously.
I remember posting my roster with it, and people saying how stupid of an idea it was and that it is completely unlikely.

If we get a Didxey team, then we can have Dixie AND K. Rool!
And everyone will be happy! (Except the Cranky fans).
The Diddy/ Dixie tag-team was a serious idea on these forums pre-Brawl. So I would not say first.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, it's been a somewhat popular idea for a long time.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I meant I was one of the first who was 100% sure in the idea, and was predicting it for Smash 4.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is a tug-of-war of how this could go down.

Sakurai kept Ganondorf and other clones in Brawl somewhat the same for the players that liked their playstyle. But he also had no qualms changing Bowser this time around.

Sakurai loves his mechanics and returns to ideas. Ideas he scrapped in prior games usually resurface. The Villager idea resurfaced. So maybe he will just decide to place Diddy in with Dixie. Tough man to predict.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say Diddy/Dixie is at all comparable to Bowser. Bowser has had some major buffs this time around, but from what we've seen his playstyle is still mostly the same, just a bit faster. He's not a completely different character this time around.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If King K. Rool is a newcomer, I could see him being held off until E3. He seems like a big hype generator. It would be sad if he is revealed as an AT or boss in Dixie's newcomer video if she is shown today.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
At this point I'd say K. Rool's chances depend entirely on how much input Nintendo has on the roster. The roster was decided long before Tropical Freeze's official reveal so unless Miyamoto or some Retro guy or whoever specifically requested Dixie to be in the game, K. Rool is pretty much a shoo-in. Not that Dixie being in the game deconfirms K. Rool outright, though I still think it would have some impact on his chances.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At this point I'd say K. Rool's chances depend entirely on how much input Nintendo has on the roster.
They have no input fortunately.

Thank God, because the main branch of Nintendo makes some God awful decisions. The Wii U marketing for instance.

The roster is first and foremost the development team's decision (specifically the producers), the only one that works for Nintendo being Sakurai.

They basically let him do what he wants.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm inclined to think that Nintendo does have some input on the roster though Sakurai has the final call.

If King K. Rool is a newcomer, I could see him being held off until E3. He seems like a big hype generator. It would be sad if he is revealed as an AT or boss in Dixie's newcomer video if she is shown today.
Well, If K. Rool appears in Smash in any form more than a trophy/sticker, he's sure to be back in future DKC titles, so that's something.

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Really, Fal?

On another note, I'm sorry for the inevitability of dumb/ignorant comments you guys will received, regardless of what is revealed.

This is basically going to be your guys' Pyrosphere.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dumb comments fill up the long void between facts. And unfortunately K. Rool is going to be the only huge reptile newcomer. The crack deconfirmed Ridley last year :ohwell:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Gangplank Galleon is confirmed as a stage and K. Rool is hinted to be a hazard, only then will this be as bad as Pyrosphere.
Although I AM holding out for a GG stage no matter what happens.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm inclined to think that Nintendo does have some input on the roster though Sakurai has the final call.
Various studios and people within the company do, sure, but Nintendo knows not to bite the hand that feeds, especially since Smash Wii U may end up being the savior of the console.

You don't want to upset the people who might save your console and make you hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions of dollars (in console sales), do you=???

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ IsmaR IsmaR
To avoid all this conflict and such, I really just hope it's K. Rool revealed today, ALONGSIDE Diddy.
Then, sorry Dixie fans, it would probably be Dixie getting the Pyrosphere-like comments.
But K. Rool doesn't make that much sense to reveal today, since he isn't in TF, but his association with the DK franchise makes him possible if we get Diddy today as well.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What if they reveal what the present box in the end of the game was about

And it is related to K. Rool

And then they reveal him right after, for Smash Bros 4 :p

It is nice to want things.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
@ IsmaR IsmaR
To avoid all this conflict and such, I really just hope it's K. Rool revealed today, ALONGSIDE Diddy.
Then, sorry Dixie fans, it would probably be Dixie getting the Pyrosphere-like comments.
But K. Rool doesn't make that much sense to reveal today, since he isn't in TF, but his association with the DK franchise makes him possible if we get Diddy today as well.
If Sakurai has decided to include K. Rool over Dixie, then showing K. Rool will be better than nothing in regards to TF. However, if both are in, Dixie's of course the obvious choice to show. It really depends on Sakurai's decision back in 2012, which could be completely unrelated to Tropical Freeze really.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
On the flipside, if he's right, all of our comments will then be viewed as the dumb ones.
I would like to view it as Sakurai being wrong again, like he was with sooooooooooooooo many things in Brawl.

(and that the PMBR would make a better Smash studio than Sakurai and co.)

Also, Bowserlick was wrong on some things in Brawl, so consider it a good luck charm. ;)

(it's okay Bowserlick, we still love you!!! <3 )

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well guys. My boss music is rolling, and my hype is full of hope.

If the King returns in all his glory today, we shall rejoice!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My joke really flew over people's heads, just like Ridley flying over Pyrosphere as a hazard.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
If King K. Rool is a newcomer, I could see him being held off until E3.
I'm not expecting K. Rool today, as much as I would love to see him, but saving him for an E3 reveal... If Sakurai reserved Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo for E3 (a la Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer for last year), the amount of hype could quite possibly break the internet.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Definitely expecting either Diddy and Dixie (as separate characters) or a Diddy/Dixie duo "character" today. As much as I despise this idea, I'm going to try and look on the bright side. Pairing up Diddy and Dixie opens up another "roster slot" for a "third" DK "rep" in King K. Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, here's how I see the Direct going.

Worst case scenario: Dixie gets an underwhelming reveal, the relevance/slots nuts go insane, we have to explain to them why this isn't the end of the world.

Best case scenario: Everything we've hoped for for the past year and a half comes true.

So yeah, nothing too bad. See you all on the flipside.

Top Bottom