• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Why are people making K. Rool videos all of a sudden?
Massive amount of obvious fake leaks and things that could mean something but also could not.
Oh and attention, the people get attention by telling that charcter xy has won the ballot and will be DLC and so on...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Did circumstance suddenly change for the better of K. Rool, aside from new support and the trademark, I don't think much has changed.

Edit: I guess the leak has done something too, but that doesn't feel like something that would transition into videos.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The trademark has made news on tons of sites. It's definitely a big focal point right now.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm curious, anyone have any Sakurai-ish ideas for King K. Rool's moveset? I have been seeing the same things for moveset ideas like boomerang crown, shockwaves, boxing gloves, and helipack. Anyone have something different?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm curious, anyone have any Sakurai-ish ideas for King K. Rool's moveset? I have been seeing the same things for moveset ideas like boomerang crown, shockwaves, boxing gloves, and helipack. Anyone have something different?
What about a Necky for his recovery?
If I may ask, about how many more DLC characters are you guys expecting?
4 or 5, I'm optimistic.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Why are people making K. Rool videos all of a sudden?
All aboard the bandwagon! K. Rool's making a splash with his recent trademark business (which is not even a registered trademark. If it was a registered one, then s**t would get interesting) and prominent Youtube personalities want to be the frontrunners of the bandwagon.

A) It's all the more exposure and publicity for King K. Rool.

B) It could also be bad if people stop voting for him because they are convinced he is a "shoe-in", so we have to make sure we don't become complacent.

It's amazing to me because leading up to Smash 4 Wii U's launch and before the ballot was announced, if you said King K. Rool would lead a hypothetical ballot and get a crap ton of Youtube videos lauding and/or lamenting his entrance to Smash, you would be laughed off the internet.

Look at him now.

LOOK AT HIM.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
All aboard the bandwagon! K. Rool's making a splash with his recent trademark business (which is not even a registered trademark. If it was a registered one, then s**t would get interesting) and prominent Youtube personalities want to be the frontrunners of the bandwagon.

A) It's all the more exposure and publicity for King K. Rool.

B) It could also be bad if people stop voting for him because they are convinced he is a "shoe-in", so we have to make sure we don't become complacent.

It's amazing to me because leading up to Smash 4 Wii U's launch and before the ballot was announced, if you said King K. Rool would lead a hypothetical ballot and get a crap ton of Youtube videos lauding and/or lamenting his entrance to Smash, you would be laughed off the internet.

Look at him now.

LOOK AT HIM.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, the Sakurai approach to Diddy was to make really faithful animations and two faithful specials, then invent two specials based on generic monkey things. Maybe that can provide some insight on what he might do with K. Rool? (though I think K. Rool would have more source material moves than Diddy, what with him having more as a final boss than a platforming hero).

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
This is a little unrealistic, but this is my idea for K. Rool's special moves. It's not easy to understand.
His neutral special would change the other three of his specials. The animation would be of him juggling his blunderbuss, crown, and DKC3 remote control. Each time you press B, he'll throw the item on his left hand into the air, catch the item that was in the air, and throw the item on his right hand to his left hand. Basically, juggling. The animation itself is really fast. Whatever item ends up on his left hand determines his side special, whatever ends up on his right hand determines his down special, and whatever ends up the air determines his recovery. When the juggling animation is over, the blunderbuss and remote go into hammer space while K. Rool puts the crown back on his head.

For the crown, when the crown ends on his left hand, he gets the boomerang crown toss as a side special. When the crown ends on his right hand, he gets a Koopa Klaw style attack involving it. And when his crown ends in the air, he gets a DKC1 style super jump.
For the blunderbuss, when it ends on his left hand, he gets a charge shot similar to Bowser Jr.'s neutral special. When it ends on his right hand, he gets the colored gases that give the DKC2 status effects. When it ends in the air, he gets the Mii Gunner recovery where he shoots a single projectile downwards which launches him up.
For the remote control, when it ends on his left hand, he shoots one of the fireballs from DKC3 with a high arc. When it ends on his right hand, he gets a short range shocking attack. When it ends in the air, he gets the helicopter pack.

Since he juggles the items in a fixed order, his special moves can only be in one of three sets.
1. FSpecial: Crown, DSpecial: Gun, USpecial: Remote
2. FSpecial: Gun, DSpecial: Remote, USpecial: Crown
3. FSpecial: Remote, DSpecial: Crown, USpecial: Gun
And his neutral special is always the juggle.
This is super convoluted and I'm sure I've forgotten to explain something, but that's the idea in my head.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Kind of off topic, but since K. Rool has always been known for adopting different personas, what do you think he would/what would you want him to dress up as in a hypothetical DKC5?

I remember someone bringing up some Konquistador K. Rool fan art a while back, but I'd really like to see him dress up as a 1920s-style mob boss. Maybe he'd start out acting really sophisticated and cunning but by the time you finally reach him he's completely lost it and will do anything to stop DK. It could be a bit too similar to how he was in DK64, but I think that ever since DKC2, that's kind of what K. Rool is and I think a mobster would be a perfect fit for his personality.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Kind of off topic, but since K. Rool has always been known for adopting different personas, what do you think he would/what would you want him to dress up as in a hypothetical DKC5?

I remember someone bringing up some Konquistador K. Rool fan art a while back, but I'd really like to see him dress up as a 1920s-style mob boss. Maybe he'd start out acting really sophisticated and cunning but by the time you finally reach him he's completely lost it and will do anything to stop DK. It could be a bit too similar to how he was in DK64, but I think that ever since DKC2, that's kind of what K. Rool is and I think a mobster would be a perfect fit for his personality.
Karateka Rool

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
If K. Rool becomes playable, you think he should come with extra trophies for his personas? (King, Kaptain, Baron, Boxer, Pharaoh). As long as they don't blunder it and call the changes of outfits family members again it would be fun to get some extra trophies out of him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Objectively speaking, Diddy lacked things to work with. This is the problem Dixie faces (though TF helped mitigate it somewhat); Diddy had two special attacks that were clear as day and a dash attack. Everything else had to be made up. K. Rool definitely has a lot more to work with and if Sakurai really does his homework, he should have no problem filling up his moveset.

I'd compare K. Rool less to Diddy and more to guys like Mega Man and Ryu.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Im sorry. I could not resist to make a joke about that.

Well anyway, K.Rool fans, i have a question.
¿Since when did you started supporting K.Rool?
¿Was it before or after entering Smashboards?
Definitely after joining the site.

Earlier, I knew very little about the Speculation scene, and if I never joined, I probably would have taken the roster as it came without a fuss.

Sure, I knew about K. Rool's existence earlier, but I can't say I was invested in him. This thread did a fantastic job of roping me in to the Kutthroats, as it motivated me to complete the original DKC trilogy and get an idea of what the supporters want. DKC has been among my favourite Nintendo franchises ever since.

:231:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Im sorry. I could not resist to make a joke about that.

Well anyway, K.Rool fans, i have a question.
¿Since when did you started supporting K.Rool?
¿Was it before or after entering Smashboards?
My history with the king began a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

I was at my local library, looking for a VHS to borrow. Then, I saw one of the DK cartoon, I was like "What! DK has a cartoon?" than I read behind the cover of the box the description of the two episodes : one about DK finding a cursed golden banana and the other about some cristal coconut and love potion. For some odd reason, I thought that this was a parody of Indiana Jones. Then, I watched it and met the king for the first time. I found him pretty cool and interesting : a comedic but K.Ruel tyrant surronded by idiots, that's the good stuff. I also found the cartoon kind of weird, but likable. Gradually, I realized that this corny cartoon was more than just two episodes and that K.Rool was more than just a silly villain from this cartoon. I began to make some research on him, and basically I found out that he is awesome.

Years later, when I was looking for speculation or evidence that Bowser Jr. could be in the next Smash, I discovered Smashboards. I found a thread that supported him, as well as one for Ridley, the cool-looking Space Dragon that seemed to have high chances to get in, and K.Rool the kool kroc that like to where disguise and that also seemed like an obvious choice, so I decided to support them along my highly-wanted Jr.

So all this big story to tell "before entering Smashboards."
I really wish some people weren't this stupid. Like were going to get more than one smash ballot characters. We all want different fighters and stuff and we all need to respect one another of who we want ( except Goku and Shrek ). Honestly I hate roy, To me he is such a lame character, but i'm happy for the fans that wanted him. If we can show respect for other peoples character requests, then they should do the same for the king k rool fans. Not bash on us and get all cranky just because their character isn't chosen. I don't want characters that would be good for competitive smash only, I want characters I grew up with as a child. Characters that i've always wanted to see in smash since it was released. What if this was the last smash game? Would you bring in a brand new character that just came out with a game and looks all pretty and is super fast at playing? or would you go with a character that was a big part of your childhood and someone you honestly wanted to see in smash? no matter if they were to fat, or to slow. I want King k Rool because I love him, and I want to see only this character in smash at least once! When i unlocked his trophy in smash wii u, I just felt so pissed at nintendo. Confused on why they have to ignore him? If king k rool is in the game, then i can finally be open to whatever character sakurai puts out without judgement. I will never stop fighting for him until this ballot is over.
That's the spirit!:)

StormC

Smash Hero
The talk about villains made me want to address something I've been sitting on for a while.

When people talk about nemesis characters in Smash there's often some... debate as to what constitutes a villain. So I thought I might try my hand at breaking it into categories.

Vile Villains: :4bowser::4ganondorf::4bowserjr:

These are true blue evil bad guys. As far as the main games are concerned, they are NEVER playable, NEVER allied with the good guys, and often one of the major villains, if not THE main villain. Evil with a capital E.

Alternating Antagonists: :4mewtwo::4dedede::wolf:

Characters that are first and best known for opposing the main character(s), but are not necessarily evil and just as often find themselves in situations where they are allied with them, sometimes varying between different mediums and continuity.

Respectable Rivals: :4metaknight::4wario2::4darkpit:

These characters started out antagonistic towards the main character(s), but now are more well known for being antiheroes, falling towards the neutral side more often than not, albeit with the occasional skirmish with direct antagonism.

K. Rool is basically the only Vile Villain left as Smash DLC that isn't an NPC and/or unviable to begin with. We should count our lucky stars he wasn't an Assist Trophy; that was a very real, scary possibility at one point, looking at folks like Mother Brain.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well, there was that one time Bowser was fighting the bad guys in that one Super Mario RPG, and was even playable and on Mario's team in Super Paper Mario so there's that.

Edit: But yeah, I'd still consider Bowser, Jr, and Ganondorf as the only true "villains" of the cast, just not necessarily the only antagonists.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, there was that one time Bowser was fighting the bad guys in that one Super Mario RPG, and was even playable and on Mario's team in Super Paper Mario so there's that.
Right, but those are spin-offs. I'm talking only mainline games. Ganondorf is playable in Hyrule Warriors, too.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The talk about villains made me want to address something I've been sitting on for a while.

When people talk about nemesis characters in Smash there's often some... debate as to what constitutes a villain. So I thought I might try my hand at breaking it into categories.

Vile Villains: :4bowser::4ganondorf::4bowserjr:

These are true blue evil bad guys. As far as the main games are concerned, they are NEVER playable, NEVER allied with the good guys, and often one of the major villains, if not THE main villain. Evil with a capital E.

Alternating Antagonists: :4mewtwo::4dedede::wolf:

Characters that are first and best known for opposing the main character(s), but are not necessarily evil and just as often find themselves in situations where they are allied with them, sometimes varying between different mediums and continuity.

Respectable Rivals: :4metaknight::4wario2::4darkpit:

These characters started out antagonistic towards the main character(s), but now are more well known for being antiheroes, falling towards the neutral side more often than not, albeit with the slight skirmish with direct antagonism.

K. Rool is basically the only Vile Villain left as Smash DLC that isn't an NPC and/or unviable to begin with. We should count our lucky stars he wasn't an Assist Trophy; that was a very real, scary possibility at one point, looking at folks like Mother Brain.
Is Wario an antihero? I mean any good he does is simply out of greed.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Is Wario an antihero? I mean any good he does is simply out of greed.
Being an antihero means being a hero without the typical hero personality and/or motives, so if Wario is saving the day just because he wants money, he would technically count as an antihero.
So, yes, he probably is.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser has too many cases of helping the Mario Bros. out to ignore, honestly. Also his comical appearances in the RPGs are arguably more popular than his core Mario appearances.
He probably straddles the border between the first two categories.

Actually, I should probably rank the villains as to how I perceive them.

• Psychopathic::4villager:Sorry
  • The undisputed 'King of Evil':4ganondorf:
  • Evil, but not to that extent::4bowser:

• Not terrible but never caring::4bowserjr:
  • Same but pettier::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
  • Misguided, but still uncaring::4mewtwo:
  • Kleptomaniac hero::4wario2:
  • Personal Rivals: :wolf::4darkpit:
  • "Did what had to"::rob::4metaknight:
  • In name only::4dedede::4wario::4bowser:(in RPGs)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Bowser has too many cases of helping the Mario Bros. out to ignore, honestly. Also his comical appearances in the RPGs are arguably more popular than his core Mario appearances.

• Psychopathic::4villager:Sorry and Ridley

fixed it.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i'd say dedede is more in line with wario. he's not evil, he's just a jerk. XD

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd call it :4bowser::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4dedede::wolf:
as the Sinister Six of Smash and leave it at that, since Jr. is always subservient to Bowser. Those six are bar none the most notable antagonists in the game, regardless of morals/motivations.

...look at me talking as if K. Rool is already on the character select screen.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

• Psychopathic::4villager:Sorry

:4bowser: is an interesting case.
In the main games, he is evil, but definitely not VERY much. Just princesses stealing, that's it.
In SOME RPG games he helped Mario and co..
But in other RPS, like Dream Team, he was pretty evil, I mean, he betrayed Antasma to get the dream stone (or whatever it was called) to gain unlimited power.
I would consider :4bowser: the chameleon among the villains.

Or at least, I would consider
more evil than (the main game):4bowser:, since
wanted the Kongs to starve systematically.
:4bowser: is just the princess (And once fairy) kidnapper.

Also, :4dedede: steals food from Dream Land's villagers, so this should give him at least some credit.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
as the Sinister Six of Smash and leave it at that, since Jr. is always subservient to Bowser. Those six are bar none the most notable antagonists in the game, regardless of morals/motivations.

Technically it'd be Sinister Seven, since Ridley's in the game still...That reminds me, we need a Ridley icon. :p

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Now I just have the urge to cast those guys as The Sinister Six from Spider-Man

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
:4bowser: is an interesting case.
In the main games, he is evil, but definitely not VERY much. Just princesses stealing, that's it.
In SOME RPG games he helped Mario and co..
But in other RPS, like Dream Team, he was pretty evil, I mean, he betrayed Antasma to get the dream stone (or whatever it was called) to gain unlimited power.
I would consider :4bowser: the chameleon among the villains.

Or at least, I would consider
more evil than (the main game):4bowser:, since
wanted the Kongs to starve systematically.
:4bowser: is just the princess (And once fairy) kidnapper.

Also, :4dedede: steals food from Dream Land's villagers, so this should give him at least some credit.
Bowser appeared considerably evil to me in the Galaxy games though. They were his darkest hours.

Top Bottom