• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

I might as well share an optimistic one to balance that out...

Characters chosen from the ballot have been worked on for the last few months, and the decision to close the ballot on October 3 was because that was the original target date for completion. By this timeline, some or all of the characters are either completed or are at least presentable, and we'll see them in a Direct or other pre-announced event.

The main reason I think this is because the character creation team would have been sitting idly for the last several months if they're just now choosing characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm, I dunno. I'm actually kinda worried that all the time spent since Lucas and Royu was used to make the Mario Maker stage, and maybe the Mii costumes. The MM stage does have a whole bunch of variations. It's possible that they haven't started on any characters at all. :/ (I hope not though.)
Its got a whole bunch of variants, but its easy as **** to create the different layouts once the code for putting it together is generated. Seriously, this is a ridiculous claim. Even in the circumstance where the stage took a while, it'd still be a totally different part of the team who developed the stage compared to the part of the team that develops characters. The only thing the stage would've prevented from being developed was other stages.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Team optimism reporting here - I believe that without a doubt, King K. Rool will be a playable character, and it'll be because of Kutthroats all around the world. It is then that we shall retire, relaxing in the palm trees' shade of the K. Rool sub-forum. watching pleasantly as the others await their turn to come ashore and join us on the wonderful beach we konquered for them! ...While I'll be beating up all those Level 1 Marths and Geoffreys and whoever else is on Game of Thrones with the only King around here, K. Rool!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Its hard not to be pessimistic at this time with how little Nintendo has addressed the ballot and the long ass wait from when the ballot was announced until now. I want to be positive, I REALLY do, I want K.Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Krystal, Inkling, Medusa, or Issac to make it in...I REALLY do but given the base roster in which only two characters I really wanted in the game made it in (Little Mac and Bowser Jr.) and the prior DLC (all vets except Ryu) I can't help but feel the ballot was a sham or really just a suggestion list for the next game and Sakurai announces the last 3 DLC characters as Wolf, Pichu, and Squirtle (just because it's easier and cheaper). I'd only be happy about Wolf...I don't want to get too hyped and expect K.Rool because if he isn't in i'm gonna be extremely disappointed AGAIN. Best to keep expectations low and expect the worst so it won't hurt as much and be pleasently surprised if K.Rool is announced.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Team optimism reporting here - I believe that without a doubt, King K. Rool will be a playable character, and it'll be because of Kutthroats all around the world. It is then that we shall retire, relaxing in the palm trees' shade of the K. Rool sub-forum. watching pleasantly as the others await their turn to come ashore and join us on the wonderful beach we konquered for them! ...While I'll be beating up all those Level 1 Marths and Geoffreys and whoever else is on Game of Thrones with the only King around here, K. Rool!
#Team Villainy for the sub-forum beach.
Its hard not to be pessimistic at this time with how little Nintendo has addressed the ballot and the long *** wait from when the ballot was announced until now. I want to be positive, I REALLY do, I want K.Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Krystal, Inkling, Medusa, or Issac to make it in...I REALLY do but given the base roster in which only two characters I really wanted in the game made it in (Little Mac and Bowser Jr.) and the prior DLC (all vets except Ryu) I can't help but feel the ballot was a sham or really just a suggestion list for the next game and Sakurai announces the last 3 DLC characters as Wolf, Pichu, and Squirtle (just because it's easier and cheaper). I'd only be happy about Wolf...I don't want to get too hyped and expect K.Rool because if he isn't in i'm gonna be extremely disappointed AGAIN. Best to keep expectations low and expect the worst so it won't hurt as much and be pleasently surprised if K.Rool is announced.
I have doubts with Pichu and Squirtle, people would catch onto those two easily, Wolf would be the only one Sakurai could get away with. Even then there's still fears going around that Sakurai has something against Wolf. Like I said before it all boils down to Sakurai's picks. Though if he wants to make fans really happy and also help Nintendo promote a new game, Wolf and Krool character DLC would be a pretty good move, and make sense for ballot winners.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Its got a whole bunch of variants, but its easy as **** to create the different layouts once the code for putting it together is generated. Seriously, this is a ridiculous claim. Even in the circumstance where the stage took a while, it'd still be a totally different part of the team who developed the stage compared to the part of the team that develops characters. The only thing the stage would've prevented from being developed was other stages.
Oh, well that's good. I guess being impatient for so long just makes me think the worst. :p

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
You want my crack theory?

Here we go: We're not getting any news on this until 2016 and those three spots are the only ones we'll get for characters. Two will be vets and the actual newcomer won't be King K. Rool but another character, one that's either from an unrepped series, an indie character or someone that Sakurai likes, either from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. We'll likely see many more Mii costumes based on the votes themselves. In addition to that, I also feel that Sakurai and his team weren't doing anything outside of the stages and Mii costumes this whole time and right NOW they're starting work on the picks from the Ballot.

At this point expecting a good surprise from Smash is all but a dream. Just wait it out.
I want to hear the screams inside your head.

It tough to know what to expect, there's no viable precedent in terms of the ballot situation.... something on this scale hasn't happened before with Smash.

Maybe Nintendo genuinely don't know how to address the closing of the ballot?

Maybe they haven't confirmed what to do with the ballot results?

Maybe they don't want to reveal their plans and show their hand?

No idea, I just hope we aren't hanging for news for too long. Come on Nintendo throw us rabid dogs a bone :p If we were to get a "thanks for voting, we will look at the suggestions and see you in January 2016" message I'd be miffed but acknowledge that there is a date and something to look towards.

Not sure what happens now, we wait and see, hopefully not waiting too long for a message.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair, guys, Iwata's passing really threw a wrench in their plans. After all, it was he who introduced the ballot. And now that he can't conclude it, they're looking for the most optimal way to do it. Give it some time.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Would someone explain the what the Japanese Nintendo twitter just tweeted about version 1.12, i can't understand it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, so the other websites are closed too? Well, start praying and wishing each other luck then.

:231:

Bowbow

Banned via Warnings
Did we post this here already? This clip sends a shiver down my spine.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice

The image is from twitter. Nintendo uploaded a private video on their account. Is K Rool confirmed now or is it a red herring?
That picture is fake, some did a reverse search of the picture and it's a stock image on google. :(

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Watch the Ballot winner be Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy. :p
nah, a fan-made creation? that'll never happen.

this is like saying Sakurai will make Donkers or Bandaid Koopa w/ a blaster as DLC.

Note: "Bandaid Koopa" is silly reference to what detractors tend throw at Bandana Dee supporters.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
nah, a fan-made creation? that'll never happen.

this is like saying Sakurai will make Donkers or Bandaid Koopa w/ a blaster as DLC.
Technically Mr Game & Watch was a fan creation. Ostensibly somebody suggested the Game & Watch man as a character in Melee and Sakurai ran with it.

Funny that K. Rool is an official Nintendo character, but the fans have put him where he is.

Rare created K. Rool, but we made him. ;3

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This thread is, funny enough, very active, despite how dry news is.

Troykv

Smash Master
You want my crack theory?

Here we go: We're not getting any news on this until 2016 and those three spots are the only ones we'll get for characters. Two will be vets and the actual newcomer won't be King K. Rool but another character, one that's either from an unrepped series, an indie character or someone that Sakurai likes, either from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. We'll likely see many more Mii costumes based on the votes themselves. In addition to that, I also feel that Sakurai and his team weren't doing anything outside of the stages and Mii costumes this whole time and right NOW they're starting work on the picks from the Ballot.

At this point expecting a good surprise from Smash is all but a dream. Just wait it out.
O.O

Eh... Sorry, I just was surprised with this idea... I feel a little bit cruel and selfish for want that are part of this was real because I support the most popular Fire Emblem character (at least in Japan) in the Ballot owo.

Anyway! Be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best guys :D

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Ugh, even if we need to wait a while for development of whoever made it, it would be awfully nice to know at least who won already... Patience is one of my strong points, but this is even killing me a little, lol.

Of course, I wouldn't really mind if they did what was done with Roy, Ryu and Lucas, where (aside from the leak) they were released right after they were officially announced; that was hype.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

Someone did a kaizo hack of DKC2. Here's K.Aizo boss fight
This has elements that should have been used in the real boss fight. In fact, it SHOULD have been the official fight. Tweak it in some areas and it's perfect.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool looks hilariously cute in this picture, it's almost hard to imagine he and the bold, almost frightening crocodille from your latest artwork are the same one :laugh:
Looking forward to see the complete picture with all the girls.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's a great and hilarious photo, bellboy64 bellboy64 ! It's like the anime characters are saying "Grrr, what's this ugly Rare monstrosity doing here? He's not pretty like Smash 4 newcomers are supposed to be!"

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That's a great and hilarious photo, bellboy64 bellboy64 ! It's like the anime characters are saying "Grrr, what's this ugly Rare monstrosity doing here? He's not pretty like Smash 4 newcomers are supposed to be!"
Clearly they haven't seen him in all of his naked glory yet to truly appreciate his pure beauty.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool looks hilariously cute in this picture, it's almost hard to imagine he and the bold, almost frightening crocodille from your latest artwork are the same one :laugh:
Looking forward to see the complete picture with all the girls.
Speaking of which, I have 3 girls planned (as one of my previous images dictated): Lucina, Rosalina and Palutena.

I've got room for another one at least in the top right. Any suggestions?

Notable (Smash) waifus preferred.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, I have 3 girls planned (as one of my previous images dictated): Lucina, Rosalina and Palutena.

I've got room for another one at least in the top right. Any suggestions?

Notable (Smash) waifus preferred.

:4wiifit:, if it's strictly Smash 4 newcomers, otherwise :4zss:would also be good.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
There's also Smash 4 newcomers like Bowser Junior or Villager who are not pretty looking either. Junior could be viewed as "cute" while Villager is beyond creepy.

Top Bottom