• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 8, 2014] Collected 2: Return of Summer ( Now with added hype) (Ft Worth, Texas)

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Collected will be hosting there Second smash event ever!

RESULTS THREAD IS NOW UP!

http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...f-summer-ft-worth-texas.357641/#post-16860947

Our spotlighted games: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE & PROJECT M, this will be held at the NEW VENUE HELLO CHUEYAHA

Here's what we're looking at:

$5 venue
$5 Melee singles
$5 Project M singles

Friendlies welcome, as long as you pay the $5 venue! (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!)

Sign-ups begin when we open that morning! Call us to get your name registered for the event. We're looking to get about 40-60 people for this event! If you want to guarantee yourself a place in the tournament, you HAVE TO CALL AND REGISTER. (817) 945-1722

Venue will open at 12:00 pm
Registration closes at 1:00 pm
Brackets open at 1:30 pm

Prize Payout
Below < 32:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Above > 32:
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

Melee Rules

4 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set OFF and NONE
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle

PM Rules

Starter Stages Singles:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain Of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counterpick Stages Singles:
Green Hill Zone
Warioware
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Distant Planet
Dracula's Castle

Set ups please! The first 3 (full) set ups will get you in without a venue fee. (That means bring a television, a wii, and the games necessary to play!)

Collected #1

Right now we are looking at only singles, we will make the call for Doubles.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
The first one ran so smoothly, and I'm looking forward to more room this time.

Definitely needs to be a weekly, or bi-weekly event at the new location!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Might want to put a Southwest marker/flair thing on this.

Anyway, sounds good to me, I'll be there, but who do we call to register?

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
I tried calling that number a while back and left a message. Anything else I need to do?

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
I tried calling that number a while back and left a message. Anything else I need to do?
Throw me your tag and ill make sure they got it, They might have been closed at the time the store closes earlier then the game room does most of the time.

Also we will be going to Sktar3 Map pool for PM

Last edited:

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
Throw me your tag and ill make sure they got it, They might have been closed at the time the store closes earlier then the game room does most of the time.

Also we will be going to Sktar3 Map pool for PM
Cool. My tag is Bebop. I'll be doing Project M Singles. What does that mean, though? Sktar map pool for PM?

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Hoping I can make this. This is the closest a tourney has ever been to me (like 15 min away), so I'd hate to miss this opportunity to smash :). The only problem is finances right now, so I might not have the cash to get in as well as join the tourney. At the very least I'll try and get a full set-up there so I can get into the venue for friendlies. Guess I would need to arrive pretty early to ensure that huh?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Hoping I can make this. This is the closest a tourney has ever been to me (like 15 min away), so I'd hate to miss this opportunity to smash :). The only problem is finances right now, so I might not have the cash to get in as well as join the tourney. At the very least I'll try and get a full set-up there so I can get into the venue for friendlies. Guess I would need to arrive pretty early to ensure that huh?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Wish me luck.
show up when we open and we will work something out,

( if you HAVE MELEE AND PM) <3

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
show up when we open and we will work something out,

( if you HAVE MELEE AND PM) <3
Yea, I'll be sure to bring both games. Question though, will we need to be downloading new menus for PM? I wasn't exactly sure how this worked at tourneys, but I always see unique menus when I watch PM on streams.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I'll be sure to bring both games. Question though, will we need to be downloading new menus for PM? I wasn't exactly sure how this worked at tourneys, but I always see unique menus when I watch PM on streams.
That is mainly for the Streaming TV's.

We aren't cool enough for custom menus yet sadly. Mainly as i do not play PM :p

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the smash scene, and I wanna start going to tournaments to learn P:M more. What do you guys say about people coming to watch? maybe try a few friendlies to learn a few things? just pay the 5$ venue?

D

Deleted member

Is anyone carpooling to this? I really need a ride.

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
Pm it to me, and if youre not 45 mins out of my way I can (likely) hook you up

SiriusBull

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-8777-3464
op is kinda confusing it says "you have to call to guarantee yourself a spot in the tournament" does this mean before the 8th? or is it for those who would be arriving after 12 idk...

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
It means if you do not call and we end up with an absurd amount of unseen people showing up before you, you will turned down.

Top Bottom