• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jun 20, 2015] Get Rekt M8 2 (Waco, Texas)

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
What's up, everyone! Hope you all are ready to Rekt some m8s! Mark your calendar for June 21st! Another Smash Bros PM and Smash 4 tournament coming. Both singles brackets will be a doubles elimination. Hope you guys come out! Places 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be getting cash prize.

CASH ONLY! DO NOT BRING ANY OUTSIDE MEALS!

Venue fee: $5
Entree fee: $5
Smash 4 Bracket time: 1:30
PM bracket time start: After Smash 4.
Food & Drinks: Lansharx will be selling. Be sure to buy when you're thirsty

RULES BELOW
PM
PM:
1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
6. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Picks character.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. Repeat from 4.

Stagelist:
Starters:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Distant Planet

Counterpick Stages:
Yoshi's Story (Singles only)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Warioware
Skyworld,
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Norfair
Dreamland

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
4. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
5. Giga Bowser is Banned.
6. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.

Smash 4 rules
A. Game Settings

● Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 7 minutes for Singles, double elimation
● Custom Fighters are allowed. Evo sets only. (MESSAGE ALDO MORENO IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE CUSTOMS)
● Mii Fighters are not allowed.
● Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.
● Items all turned off and set to none (EVEN SMASH BALLS).
● In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner. If game ends the screen shows winner, they are the winner.

B. Stage List

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination (Omega stages)
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City

C.) Stage Selection Process
1. Picks character.
2. Stage Striking: Rock papers scissors to see who strikes first. Winner of that will choose.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans Two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. Match is play
7. repeat from 4.

D. Additional Rules

● Bowser Jr’s Clown Car Glitch: If the Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Glitch happens, players are to pause the match and call a TO over to confirm the glitch has happened. Once confirmed, players will reset the match to the same stocks and get as close to the percents as they had when the Glitch took place. (The Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch happens when the car respawns after using Up Bright before the player loses their stock. The character starts to teleport around, also hit boxes and animations for Bowser Jr.change.)

● Gentlemen Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 7 inute time limit.

● BYOC: Bring your own controller.

Ntire

Smash Rookie
Oh nice! A tournament really close to me for once!

Question: Is there going to be any sort of streaming/ recording for this event?

Loony_Fan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Loony_fan
3DS FC
2981-7626-2130
ill be there hope its not a hostile environment :p

TMD

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowWolf16-2
How long is this tournament going to last?

Arjuna323

Smash Rookie
Here at Lansharx on the 21st; they're saying the tournament was yesterday, but this thread is saying it was today? Disappointed :/

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
Here at Lansharx on the 21st; they're saying the tournament was yesterday, but this thread is saying it was today? Disappointed :/
We changed the date weeks ago due to it being father's day. Sorry about that, dude. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. How many of you came by? Message me yalls name and we'll talk more. I am completely sorry.

^There should be a stream yes.
Oh nice! A tournament really close to me for once!

Question: Is there going to be any sort of streaming/ recording for this event?
We usually always have a stream haha.

How long is this tournament going to last?

It usually last about 4-6 hours.

Arjuna323

Smash Rookie
It's okay it is what it is. In their parking lot right now trying to concoct other plans in Waco due to me coming from Temple and there's a storm brewing so I don't want to drive back at the moment. Maybe 5 other people I heard asking about it inside with people still showing. If anyone in the area wants to get something for Smash 4 together this afternoon hit me up.

Last edited:

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
It's okay it is what it is. In their parking lot right now trying to concoct other plans in Waco due to me coming from Temple and there's a storm brewing so I don't want to drive back at the moment. Maybe 5 other people I heard asking about it inside with people still showing. If anyone in the area wants to get something for Smash 4 together this afternoon hit me up.

Okay, like i said, message me the names and i'll see if i can get you guys a deal at our next tournaments.

Give me a call. 254-716-4638

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya sorry for the date mixup, we had FB updated but Aldo must have forgot SB thread info. Hope you guys come back when we have something else going on!

Top Bottom