• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North The Fantastic Smash 4 Weekly

The Fantastic Smash 4 Weekly
Posted by DCeSportsLANs
The Fantastic Store
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice

When one door closes, another door opens! Our Hard Times weekly run in conjunction with CFAS has been a success over the last year, and we hope to continue that momentum at a new venue. The Fantastic Store has been gracious enough to open it's doors to our event, and we couldn't be more excited. The new venue will have more space than before, and a business class internet line for us to have a stream every week.

Brackets: http://dcesportslans.challonge.com

Event Space

Event Information
Venue Fee - $5
Tournament Fee - $5/game

Payouts
<= 16 players

• 1st - 60%
  • 2nd - 30%
  • 3rd - 10%
> 16 players
  • 1st - 50%
  • 2nd - 25%
  • 3rd - 15%
  • 4th - 10%

Schedule

6:00 PM - Doors open, registration open.
7:20 PM - Smash 4 registration ends. Tournament bracket is created and seeded.
7:30 PM - Smash 4 tournament begins.
~11:00PM - Tournament finish, and venue closes.

**Important note: The venue will be closing immediately as the tournament ends. Because of this, we will ask that everyone halts friendlies and begins packing up when we reach Grand Finals in Smash 4. Thank you for your cooperation!

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/DCeSportsLANs
The stream will go live shortly before the event begins. VoDs will be available shortly after the event is over on our YouTube channel.

Rules

Singles (1v1) double-elimination tournament.
Each tournament set will be Best of 3 (with the exception of Grand Finals if it begins before 10:30PM, at which point both potential sets are Best of 5).

Smash for Wii U Rules

2 stocks, 6 minutes.
Items set to OFF.

Stage List (1 ban)

Starters

• Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
Counterpicks
  • Dreamland 64
  • Duck Hunt
* During counterpick phase, Miiverse can be substituted for Battlefield. If Battlefield is banned, Miiverse is automatically banned (and vice versa).
** Omega stages are legal during counterpick phase. If Final Destination is banned, all Omega stages are banned (and vice versa).

Nearby Food
We are no longer at a bar, which obviously means food options around the area are important! There are various snacks available at The Fantastic Store for $1 a piece, but for those more serious hunger needs, there's no shortage of food around the venue. Within a mile there is a Chipotle, Potbelly, Five Guys, Subway, Starbucks, Wendy's, Red Robin, Famous Dave's, and a whole lot more.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
For the first weekly event, the store has graciously given us permission to offer a nice bonus! For this week only, the venue fees will go straight to the prize pool, thus doubling the prize pool for this week!

You will still be paying either $10 or $15 (if you're playing both games), but the entirety of that money will go to the prize pool. For those that play both games, the player can decide whether his/her venue fee will go to both games at $2.50 a piece, or pick one of the games to put the entire $5.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I'll be there this week. Nothing on the schedule to stop me. Time to have a good time.

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
Hey, my group and I will be there next week. I just wanted to ask a quick question. Would the store mind if I brought my Monado, or should I just leave it at home?

Zii

Smash Rookie
Just wondering how many people normally show up to this event?

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Hey, my group and I will be there next week. I just wanted to ask a quick question. Would the store mind if I brought my Monado, or should I just leave it at home?
Should be fine! It's not an actual weapon, and plastic/cardboard, right?

Just wondering how many people normally show up to this event?
We've had 35, 37, 34, and 30 respectively so far for Smash 4. For Pokken, it's been 7, 11, 8, and 8.

Inti123

Smash Rookie
Will there be more upcoming tournies? I just found this thread and I am interested in going.

L.J

Smash Rookie
NNID
laronwi
3DS FC
1005-8663-7553
What day every week? Might think about going.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Noticed that this fell off after the occurrences ran out! This event definitely still happens, we're up to weekly #21 tonight!

c0in0p

Smash Rookie
Made a trek there tonight <11/23/2016> with a few people to try this place out. DCesports says doors at 6 yet there were no people there at 7:00pm. Although I live relativity close, some notice that it was canceled would have been awesome so I didn't have to waste the time of so many people. People drive hours for these things. There wasn't even a note on the door. Left in disappointment.

My advice is to Just make sure you call first and save yourself a ton of time if they choose to cancel without updating anyone.

Ojwaddler

Smash Rookie
Will the tournament be held this Wednesday? My friends and I were planning to come, but want to make sure it's still going on.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Made a trek there tonight <11/23/2016> with a few people to try this place out. DCesports says doors at 6 yet there were no people there at 7:00pm. Although I live relativity close, some notice that it was canceled would have been awesome so I didn't have to waste the time of so many people. People drive hours for these things. There wasn't even a note on the door. Left in disappointment.

My advice is to Just make sure you call first and save yourself a ton of time if they choose to cancel without updating anyone.
Sorry bud, we don't use Smashboards often anymore. We should've remembered though, that's our fault.

We are very active on Twitter at twitter.com/DCeSportsLANs with weeklies updates, and we post every week in the MD/VA Smash for Wii U group on Facebook about the events. We'll try to be better about Smashboards in the future, but if you want the most up to date information, check out those two locations.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Will the tournament be held this Wednesday? My friends and I were planning to come, but want to make sure it's still going on.
We are indeed hosting tomorrow night, but will not be next week (12/28). See you all tomorrow if you do decide to come out!

Top Bottom