• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 11, 2015] Style Points: A Melee and PM Weekly (Nanuet)

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Venue is open for signups and friendlies at 5 PM, but bracket starts at 6. This is our first tournament at this location, so start time is definitely adjustable depending on how many people want to go at what time, post if you need it to start later or earlier and if enough people need that time we can adjust

SETUPS NEEDED

ENTRANCE AND VENUE FEES:

VENUE FEE: $5

SINGLES: $5

DOUBLES: $5 per person if enough interest

SINGLES STAGELIST:

Starters/Neutrals:
- Yoshi’s Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Dream Land

COUNTERPICK:

- Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans:

- For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
- For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
- For Best of 7 sets, DSRM is enabled for the 7th match, but the winner of the 6th match is allowed one stage ban, to be used after the 6th match is played.

General Rules:

- 4 stock
- 2/3 sets
- 3/5 semifinals+finals
- 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Ties broken by lives, then %
- Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
- Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
- Advanced Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
- Bring your own controller

Public Transit
http://www.coachusa.com/coachSSindex.asp?action=Lookup&c1=NewYork&s1=NY&c2=Nanuet&s2=NY&resultId=028&order&dayFilter&scheduleChoice&sitePageName=/index.asp&cbid=150734852590

Last edited:

Leinad09

Smash Rookie
On a scale of 1-Mew2King, how skilled do you think this would be? I have a few guys dying to go but we are the creme of a very low quality crop. Also, how big is this expected to be?

Last edited:

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
I live a ways away (in a town called Stone Ridge, near Kingston and New Paltz), but I'm desperate for tournaments. Can someone tell me about typical turnouts?

Top Bottom