• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 26, 2015] A-1 Smash! (Roseville, CA) (Roseville, CA)

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
FACEBOOK LINK FOR CURRENT WEEK HERE:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1646887452222261/

A-1 Comics is proud to announce the return of it's weekly Smash Bros. series:

A-1 Smash!

This tournament season we are doing a little more than the last time. This time around, we will be running both Singles brackets for Project M and Melee.
Info about stuff:
-The Tournament begins at 6pm on Wednesdays at A-1 Comics Roseville. We will run the PM Singles bracket starting at 6PM. Melee Singles Bracket will begin at 8PM.
-Entry fee will be $3 venue fee + $5 per event you wish to enter. There is no spectator fee and friendlies will be open to all spectators and competitors so long as there is an open TV! (I'll love you forever if you bring your own set up <3)
-Payout will be cash money to 1st/2nd/3rd following a 60/30/10 distribution.

Format: Double Elimination Brackets, Bring Your Own Controller.

The Rulesets are as follows:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Singles)

General Rules

• Items off, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks
  • No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
  • Wobbling is legal, stalling past 300% is illegal
  • Double Blind and Neutral Start is offered at request
  • You cannot counter pick to a stage you have already won on
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it
  • If a match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock
  • Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character

Starters/Neutral Stages

• Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land

Counterpick Stages:

• Pokemon Stadium

The first stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing
3/5 Sets will have no bans.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Project M (Singles)

These rules are subject to change depending on the changes that PM 3.6 has.

Project M (Singles)

General Rules
Items off and set to none, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks, Buffer off.
No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
Double Blind is offered at request
You cannot counter pick to any stage you have already won on
Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
If a match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock.
Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent.
If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
No Giga Bowser or Wario Man (This should go without saying. SoPo is fine).

Starters/Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Delfinos Secret
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Green Hill Zone

Counterpick Stages:
Final Destination
WarioWare
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by winner banning 2 stages and then loser choosing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

tl;dr:

818 Sunrise Ave
Roseville, CA 95661
Phone: (916) 783-8005

If you have any questions or anything, as always feel free to message me or post here, I promise to get to it as soon as possible! Hope to see you all there!

-Andrew "Eridaan" Romero

Last edited:

BanksLord

Smash Rookie
is this weekly? this is extremely local and i can't make it tomorrow lol

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
This is indeed weekly. I don't know how long it'll run, but for sure it will run weekly through the Summer.

mel0

Smash Cadet
R O S E V I L L E B O Y Z

I have check this out some time over the summer, gotta scope the size of my competition before I enter.

BTW, is the event gonna be livestreamed? If not you guys should consider it for extra publicity points.

Last edited:

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
@ mel0 mel0 :This event will not be Livestreamed unfortunately. The internet at the venue is the one big downfall it has, It is literally worse than a potato. But the venue is spacious and has loose time constraints, so pros and cons.

mel0

Smash Cadet
Oh well... You guys should change the region label to Pacific West, I noticed the thread didn't have one.

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
@ TheKangaskhanKid TheKangaskhanKid There is no age limit, just be aware that most of our usual crowd is older-ish guys, so don't be surprised if some small-time trash talk gets thrown around.

@ SarsTK SarsTK , @ Fyreffect Fyreffect , @ Euee Euee Venue isn't large enough to hold three different Smash crowds. It's already pretty full with PM and Melee participants, and those two player pools have a lot of overlapping entrants. There're also already a ton of Sm4sh events in the area, at least 2-3 weeklies that are consistently running. Melee is the most underrepresented, followed by PM in the area, so I decided to give those two a home while other tournaments can fill the Sm4sh itch. So no, I won't be adding Sm4sh to these events.

Quick Edit: If you want more info on finding Sm4sh tournies in the area, the Sacramento Smashers FB page usually has all of the ones that come up in the area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/641344915919224/

As a forewarning, it will be cancelled, Wednesday, June 15th as I'm leaving for EVO that week.

Last edited:

SharpCheese

Smash Rookie
Just showed up to this tourney and it was cancelled with no indication on this forum. Thanks for wasting my time... anyone reading this should avoid going to this venue due to the idiot running this tourney.

CloudedCloud

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, is this every Wednesday? If so I'd be glad to drop by next Wednesday (I'm the Scottish melee player that made the post in NorCal melee about local events on Facebook)

Top Bottom