• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smashfield Weeklies - Michigan's Premier Smash 4 Weekly!

Smashfield Weeklies - Michigan's Premier Smash 4 Weekly!
Posted by Ori_bro
BowlOne Lanes
Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:00 PM
Until: Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
im just happy that we're having these every week, and everyone comes out to them.

Regnilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Regnilla
Think i'll make my return for the 29th. Been probably 5 weeks or so. Warm up that last place spot for me. :p

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I might take a break for a bit (I doubt it though because I never do) and return next season and try to be a stronger player. How long does each season last?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
As you can tell, I'm already on break due to class. Too busy especially for those long drives (and in traffic). You'll see me again next year in the winter. Hopefully I don't lose too much of my seeding because I'll still be practicing smash.

Last edited:

Charu

Smash Cadet
Might come to this now after getting a taste of how tournaments work at a con that happened over the weekend.

Question, if I come to these weeklies, am I able to use a Gamepad by per chance?

If not, that's cool. I can stick with the GC if it's wires only. I don't have an adapter so... I can't much practice at home.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Might come to this now after getting a taste of how tournaments work at a con that happened over the weekend.

Question, if I come to these weeklies, am I able to use a Gamepad by per chance?

If not, that's cool. I can stick with the GC if it's wires only. I don't have an adapter so... I can't much practice at home.
most people dont bring their gamepads, it's best if you just stick with the Gamecube Controller

Charu

Smash Cadet
Sure-sure, but if I can, I will definitely bring mine along. I would prefer it!

Like I said, it's cool either way, I just wanna know my controller options. If you guys flat-out say no, then that's fine too. I just need to get an adapter then some time in the near future so I can go to a tournament and not have to relearn a controller for just one (or two for the con) days, dohoho.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sure-sure, but if I can, I will definitely bring mine along. I would prefer it!

Like I said, it's cool either way, I just wanna know my controller options. If you guys flat-out say no, then that's fine too. I just need to get an adapter then some time in the near future so I can go to a tournament and not have to relearn a controller for just one (or two for the con) days, dohoho.
sounds good! At the weeklies we do not ban controller schemes. We just hound on those who use wireless options to disconnect and not disrupt those who use a setup after them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hope to see you all here for the 15th installment of Michigan's Premiere Weekly Series!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hope you guys are excited for a teams weekly! We are going to be doing a different side event this time. The poll will be up on the facebook event page tonight if you guys want to vote.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
After a one week hiatus we are back! Hope to see you all here for SFW 17, with Smash 4 Singles is back so see you all in a few days!

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I'm on Hiatus from Smash this week, maybe this month. If things get better I'll show up again. If not people might forget Rosalina & Luma is even in the game.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
After upset city last week what will go down this time at the Thursday Night Delight! Find out in person or be sure to tune into the stream on twitch.tv/GooshiGaming

DFar

Smash Rookie
For Smashfield Weekly #18, is it a 1v1 event or 2v2 event? I have a group of 4-5 of us interested in trying our first tournament and looking for singles.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
For Smashfield Weekly #18, is it a 1v1 event or 2v2 event? I have a group of 4-5 of us interested in trying our first tournament and looking for singles.
It is a 1v1 event. I will always notify everyone when it is a 2v2 weekly. For note, the title of the event will reflect what event is happening that week.

The Facebook event page has everything you need to know as well!
- https://www.facebook.com/events/1667390420197387/

Last edited:

ZZSamantha

Smash Lord
NNID
NNOOOBB
So, if I just walked in one day could I play? Or do I have to sign up?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. I don't actually do many events with more than 10 people.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
2016 is here and the weeklies are back in action starting on Thursday! Hope to see everyone there for the Thursday Night Delight. The Facebook event page will be made later today so if you are in the Michigan Smash 4 facebook group keep your eyes on the look out!

Here is a 5 month schedule, January through May, for all upcoming Smashfield Weeklies. This will let you guys plan when the teams weeklies will be

January
SFW 20 - 1/7/16
SFW 21 - 1/14/16
SFW 22 - 1/21/16
SFW 23 - 1/28/16​
February
SFW 24 - 2/4/16 - Teams Weekly
SFW 25 - 2/11/16
SFW 26 - 2/18/16
SFW 27 - 2/25/16​
March
SFW 28 - 3/3/16