• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 9, 2014] SCG pres. "If You Host It, They Will Come" ft. AR, MO, KS, TX, NM (Norman, OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I had a dream.
A dream in which I was approached by the smash gods.
They told me this, "If you host it, they will come".

So here it is. The Southwest Regional. Oklahoma is a perfect segway between all the states. SCG will do their part in hosting. You guys will come and make it the biggest thing the Southwest has ever seen.

Costs
all singles entry fees will be $15

all doubles will be $20($10 per player)

venue fee will be $15.
($5 waived if signed up @ Tourney Locator )
($5 if you bring a full setup for melee or PM)

Times

Melee Doubles start at 1000am
Melee Pools/bracket start at 1130am
Project M Doubles start at 130pm
Project M singles start at 300pm

Rules
Melee rules are Apex.
Melee

Project M rules are apex with SCG STAGE LIST (FD is a Counterpick and GHZ is a starter. PS1 and Skyloft are banned. Dracs is a CP for dubs and Distant Planet is a starter. YS banned for dubs) 3 bans for each event.

Housing
anybody who needs housing will be accommodated by local smashers just let us know.

Streaming

Youtube

Parking and maps
there is a parking garage that connects to the building that is free on weekends. all meters are free on weekends.
the heritage room is on the second floor. just take the stairs at the ground level entrance and take a right.
(second floor map)

Food & Drink

Twitter

SCG Homepage

SCG Facebook

Reddit

Facebook event page

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So do we have this and LTC2 this summer?
Cool, I'll try to make it to this due to missing the oklahoma invitational

Josniff640

Smash Cadet
Sweet dude! I live just a couple hours from Norman (Sapulpa) so I am for sure in! This will be my first tournament so excuse the stupid question but do we sign up online or at the door?

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Another tourney at my school, I am going to try to actually make it this time :p

Killopotamus

Smash Rookie
Seems great, but i don't really wanna pay 30 bucks to get destroyed in pools. Considering 90% of the people going are going to not get the money, it hardly seems enticing.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sign up at TLOC and it will be $25. the $5 increase in singles is for the people willing to travel coming from OOS.
as for the increase in Venue, We are having to pay out of pocket more than normal now.

same like ARLO, if the turnout isnt as big as we hope for, singles entry will be brought down to $10. I will probably be adding the clause of "bring a full setup and we waive $5" but that is still up in the air depending on how much money i can raise between now and then.

Bofangle

Smash Rookie
I might be able to come, I'm pretty new to the smash community. Although I was at Tokyo in Tulsa and entered both singles and doubles but I didn't place very high in either lol. I'm hoping I can make this one though!

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I might be able to come, I'm pretty new to the smash community. Although I was at Tokyo in Tulsa and entered both singles and doubles but I didn't place very high in either lol. I'm hoping I can make this one though!
thats awesome dude! also join the facebook community here in OK!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/541859482565869/

we got a bi weekly going on this saturday! come and get ready for this tourney as well as meet everyone!

Bofangle

Smash Rookie
thats awesome dude! also join the facebook community here in OK!

we got a bi weekly going on this saturday! come and get ready for this tourney as well as meet everyone!
What time is it going to be? Ganna be a two hour drive for me to make it. If I can make something happen I might as well go for the bi weekly then stay for the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom