• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 17, 2014] Melee & 64 Weeklies (P:M/SSB if someone brings a Wii) (Grand rapids)

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
I came out last Friday ( November 1st ) just before 3pm and I guess nobody showed up? I called well before 3 and I talked to Brittany and she was not really sure what was going on. She said that you guys might be switching to Wednesdays...
So what are the plans for this upcoming week?
I had some things come up that was a one time kind of situation. Every thing is still going to be on Friday (today) so please feel free to come on down. I apologize for not making it on time.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION EVERYBODY WHO IS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING TOURNAMENTS AT GRANDLAN!

Miridia is moving to Ohio and will no longer be able to host these tournaments. I will now be organizing tournaments for GrandLAN. I am in the process of ironing out the details, and I really need everyone's input!

Please check out this thread and reply! Thank you!

http://smashboards.com/threads/grand-rapids-mi-weekly-tournaments-at-grandlan.342592/

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello everybody!

As promised, here is the official tournament listing! The first event at GrandLAN will be held on Saturday, November 30th. Please RSVP if you can make it!
http://smashboards.com/threads/simp...nt-november-30th-2013-grand-rapids-mi.342843/

In order to guarantee timely game play, I am providing my own setups for a Melee singles bracket. I understand there has been an interest in both Project M and N64 Smash Bros. If attendees want to bring setups for these games, they are more than welcome, and if enough people bring them, you guys could potentially have a prize pool for those games. I am only one person, and therefore I am personally focusing my resources for this particular event on SSB Melee.

mikeysk8

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, this is my first time making a thread about tournaments I run in the community, but I'd like to just come say hello :3

DETAILS BELOW

Venue Fee: 5$

Entry Fee: 5$

---Melee&64---

Rules to be added in the future. I need to research them first. (Apologies)

For some reason it will not allow me to post my twitch link while I set this up, so in the meantime, here it is :)

http://www.twitch.tv/miredialolView attachment 3472
Dude id love to go to this cuz this is like the only event in michigan but like gr is an hour drive away from where i live and ur event starts right after i get out of school. Well that and I dont have a license im 16 tho, dunno maybe i should host an event when im older, really want to learn some new tricks with ice climbers my main as of now

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Dude id love to go to this cuz this is like the only event in michigan but like gr is an hour drive away from where i live and ur event starts right after i get out of school. Well that and I dont have a license im 16 tho, dunno maybe i should host an event when im older, really want to learn some new tricks with ice climbers my main as of now
I have been busy with school lately so I have not personally hosted anything recently, but there is usually something going on in this group. Check them out, hope to smash with you sometime!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMISmash/

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Obviously this is no longer a thing. I really want to go too, considering I'm very new and would love to have some tournament experience and experience on it's own. I would go pretty much every week if someone wanted to start this up again or something.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
im not sure if this is a thing. i havent heard from TO in awhile. join west michigan smash on facebook to get all current event for your community. also for PM players you can join michigan pm facebook group from which i am admin of. its a great quick way to check on all local weekly events. there are always smashers smashing around you hahaah

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
But GrandLan is literally 3 minutes away from me. I could make it there consistently. Is there much going on there for the smash community anymore? I joined WestMISmash as well.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Smash is really hit or miss at grandlan. The Facebook pages will have up to date info on local events

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
I would love to help it grow, but I need help. GrandLan hasn't said anything about Smash for at least 6 months.

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Arcalyth where are your tourneys? I'll be free the entire summer which starts this Friday for me.

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
I still "run" this event. Contact me and I'll be at GrandLan and I'll play any Smash. It's not much of an event though. But yes, if you tell me you want to go to GrandLan and give me a day in advance, I'll be there usually.

I'll try and get on the site more often, my bad.

Last edited:

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
An extra TV would be needed. Though since there aren't many people, there isn't really a need for the extra setup.

TL;DR If you want to, it's not needed.

flat man

Smash Rookie
hey im here for a week im wondering if this is still a thing i would really like to go to show my moves

MiloniVanili

Smash Apprentice
i have literally never played melee other than by myself/friendlies but i want to come assuming its still happening. i can also bring a wii for PM if it pleases the TO.

flat man

Smash Rookie
uh some people are gonna be there uhh idk if you have to bring your set up i would msg eyeheart i would help more but im from out of town

Top Bottom