• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 17, 2014] Melee & 64 Weeklies (P:M/SSB if someone brings a Wii) (Grand rapids)

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, this is my first time making a thread about tournaments I run in the community, but I'd like to just come say hello :3

DETAILS BELOW

Venue Fee: 5$

Entry Fee: 5$

---Melee&64---

Rules to be added in the future. I need to research them first. (Apologies)

For some reason it will not allow me to post my twitch link while I set this up, so in the meantime, here it is :)

http://www.twitch.tv/miredialol
received_m_mid_1382466478825_37e94f63ae77eb8d51_0.jpeg

mrschmucker

Smash Rookie
Is this going to be a real thing? I just moved to GR and would love to come play

Curtis Irvine

Smash Rookie
Is this weekly thing still happening? I'm currently in Flint but I'd definitely make the drive out for some SSBM action.

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
This is very much so a real thing. Please come stop by. I'd love to meet more smashers. :D We have a big 64 group here too, but they don't come down often. Please invite as many people as you can hahaha :)

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Update: We have around 20 or so locals that attend every week. I'm going to try and get ahold of west michigan smashers to see if they want to come play :3

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Sweet I didn't know this was a thing. I'm a Brawl Player but if this is on Fridays I'm at GVSU till 1 and I would show up from time to time just to help you guys out. Maybe I can get a hold of T-Bird, L_Cancel, Beniji and Lordy and bring a few of them with me.

I have experience as a T.O. but haven't been active in over 6 months and don't play Melee or 64 competitively, but If you have any general questions feel free to ask me.

Also I should direct you to this thread if you want to get in contact with West MI players specifically http://smashboards.com/threads/the-west-mi-thread-make-plans-here-pm-tourney-red-edition.321473/

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Hi! I'm a Grand Rapids tournament organizer. I'll definitely be by on Friday since I have the day off!

If you want to become more immersed in the Grand Rapids/West MI scenes, the link that Damittom just gave you is a great place to go. Additionally, take a look at this Facebook group: https://facebook.com/groups/WestMISmash

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Someone who remembers when l cancel was active oos, o boy

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This really sucks. I will be just down the street at CC but I will never be able to attend a single one of these for the remainder of the semester.

Even if I had class off I would still have to be at work at 4.

>Lordyrage. Host one on a Saturday for me.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Tom are you going to this one??

Edit: Tom plans to come to next one, assuming nothing comes up! I'll come to the next one as well, assuming nothing comes up. I'm mostly a brawl player, but I'm willing to play melee and p:m to support my local smash scene(:

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Tom are you going to this one??

Edit: Tom plans to come to next one, assuming nothing comes up! I'll come to the next one as well, assuming nothing comes up. I'm mostly a brawl player, but I'm willing to play melee and p:m to support my local smash scene(:
Did you ever play against DJ Iskascribble? The MK from Dayton?

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

I live in the GR area, and I am only 15 mins away from Grandlan. I have my own group of buddies that play melee regularly, but I would love to meet some new local smashers! If needed, I have plenty of "smash supplies" including TVs, gamecubes, controllers, Wii, etc. What are the exact days and times these events run?

Thanks for letting everyone know about this : )

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

I live in the GR area, and I am only 15 mins away from Grandlan. I have my own group of buddies that play melee regularly, but I would love to meet some new local smashers! If needed, I have plenty of "smash supplies" including TVs, gamecubes, controllers, Wii, etc. What are the exact days and times these events run?

Thanks for letting everyone know about this : )
WOAH... My bad.. LOL... the gigantic image at the top did not load for me right away... I now see when the events are : )

Just let me know if the setups would help out, thanks

Epok

Smash Ace
Hey me and Miridia were think about putting something together for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I figured a lot of people would have that weekend off. Thoughts?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
How late do these weeklies usually last? I have plans later in the night on November 1st and I want to see if I'll be able to make it here or not.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So I had other obligations come up. I will be unable to attend this week. I'll try again next week.

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
WOAH... My bad.. LOL... the gigantic image at the top did not load for me right away... I now see when the events are : )

Just let me know if the setups would help out, thanks
We have around 4-5 tvs and that should be enough for something small unless a bunch of people decide to show up.

DarkZz

Smash Rookie
im interested in coming out to some of these time to time, sounds like a good time

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
I came out last Friday ( November 1st ) just before 3pm and I guess nobody showed up? I called well before 3 and I talked to Brittany and she was not really sure what was going on. She said that you guys might be switching to Wednesdays...
So what are the plans for this upcoming week?

Top Bottom