• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(July 24th) Kingdra's Late Night Smash #1 - Smash 3ds Online Tournament

(July 24th) Kingdra's Late Night Smash #1 - Smash 3ds Online Tournament
Internet
Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 09:00 PM
Until: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Kingdra_Plays_Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-0295-0148
Hey everyone, I decided to spontaneously host a smash tournament since I haven't done it in a while and I've been pretty bored recently. Don't know if this will turn into a weekly thing or not, but we're doing at least one for sure. Anyways, the tournament will be hosted on July 24th at 9 PM Central Time. (Hence, the title being "Late Night Smash".)
We will be communicating through this chat room: http://stinto.net/3mgyd (Don't mind me posting random dots lol, that's just to make sure the chat doesn't get deleted due to inactivity. If it does get deleted, however, I'll post a link to a new chat when I notice, so if it's deleted you can check back before the tournament starts and it should be fixed.)
Also, here's the link to the challonge bracket so that you can actually sign up for the tournament and see a preview of the bracket: http://challonge.com/KingdrasLateNightSmash1
Btw, there will be no prize other than the satisfaction in knowing that you have destroyed a bunch of random people online at a video game. Anyway, let's get on with the rules and all that.

General Tournament Rules:
- Double Elimination
- 2 stocks, 6 minute matches
- No items
- Regular matches are best of 3, Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best of 5
- Mii Fighters are allowed in addition to the other characters, but they must not have any boosts in attack, defense, or speed and must be a Guest Mii named after its moveset. (For example, 1232)

Stage Rules:
- For the first match, both players must agree on a starter stage to go on.
- After that, the winner will ban 1 stage and the loser can choose any stage to play on, counterpicks or starter stages.
- Gentlemen's Clause: You may choose to play on any stage you want as long as both players agree to it.

Starter Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Dream Land 64

Counterpick Stages:
- Yoshi's Island
- Duck Hunt

So yeah, that's about all I have to say guys. Check in will begin an hour before the tournament, so be sure to check in so you can actually participate. Also, be sure to bring your best game, but also try to not be too salty. Remember, in the end we're just a bunch of random people playing a video game, it's not that serious.

Top Bottom