• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 21, 2015] BGC Weeklies (Martinsburg, WV)

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Battle in the 'Burg! This is the event page for the Martinsburg, WV Smash weeklies. We do PM and Melee, depending on interest, and Sm4sh every Friday starting at 6. Wanna practice or socialize with other gamers? Come on down and play! There may also be other tournaments held, so if you play other games competitively show up and win some prize money!

We are holding our event at the Boy's and Girl's Club on King Street. Entry and tournament fee is $5 flat. Pay $5 at the door, and that covers your venue, as well as entry into all tournaments being held that night. Be sure to play in all tournaments you're entered in; even if you aren't great, crossover is encouraged and the community is supportive.

In the future we hope to be livestreaming and recording our weeklies, so that people can watch their matches as they wish.

Venue AND tournament fee: $5 FLAT

Please bring setups if you have them! We don't offer a discount because of the low venue fee, but we are still working ourselves up and as a result don't own all the systems yet. Even a GameCube adaptor is something, and we would appreciate it.

Tournaments: (These are all offered, but will only happen with enough interest. If only one or two people enter, I can't justify making a bracket)

Sm4sh singles

Melee singles

Project M singles

Sm4sh doubles

Melee doubles

Project M doubles

Sm4sh triples/squads

Smash 64???

Schedule: (times are flexible in case tournament is behind or ahead of schedule)

6:00-7:00 PM: Registration/Bracket Setup/Friendlies

7:00-8:00 PM: ALL singles brackets/outside tournaments start

8:00~8:30 PM: ALL doubles brackets start (only with interest)

8:30-??? PM: Administration, Friendlies

Apex rule set is in place. Customs illegal, DLC characters (Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Mewtwo) legal.
All brackets will be double elimination. All pool and bracket matches will be best 2/3, winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals will be best 3/5.

Payout: If less than 32 entrants

1st place: 60%

2nd place: 30%

3rd place: 10%

If more than 32 entrants

1st place: 48%

2nd place: 22%

3rd place: 14%

4th place: 8%

5th place (tie): 4%

Hospitality:

There is a BB&T (ATM's) down the street. Several restaurants in the downtown area. If you aren't from Martinsburg, we can suggest a few.

Project M and Melee being held are dependent on setup availability! Please, if you own them, bring them!

If you are certain you are coming but are running late for traffic or other reasons, contact me. I may be able to delay the bracket for a bit, within reason. I would like as many people to show up, and even one more person is worth it.

Contact information:

Host: Van

Email: dsample@hotmail.com

Smash boards: Blasiancoolio

Phone: 7033951775

StinkyHands

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately this falls on my birthday ( tomorrow ) and I will have to work and do family birthday stuff afterwards, so I will not be able to make it. Sad news for me because I would love some smash on my birthday. Have fun though guys and I will see you all soon!

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Unfortunately this falls on my birthday ( tomorrow ) and I will have to work and do family birthday stuff afterwards, so I will not be able to make it. Sad news for me because I would love some smash on my birthday. Have fun though guys and I will see you all soon!
It's all good. Happens every Friday, come down if you're free.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I have updated our player rankings. Van and Reef are starting to move up but Boss, H8MD, and SuperDavio still have a commanding lead.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
I have updated our player rankings. Van and Reef are starting to move up but Boss, H8MD, and SuperDavio still have a commanding lead.
Aw, I appreciate it, but you don't have to count me. I probably won't be calling Martinsburg home for a long time, much as I miss it sometimes.

Then again, if Boss coming to steal some cash counts, why not?

>negative opinion of Boss intensifies

Do you have a link to the rankings?

Last edited:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Last edited:

DragoM

Smash Rookie
Yay tie 7th with 9 people, moving up in the world xD. (When/if possible, change Mike on the leaderboards to DragoM, thanks, lol.)

SunDolphin

Smash Rookie
Hey there. I have recently moved to Shepherdstown WV and I'll be there for a year. I lack a license but I would definitely love to be able to attend one of these events. Do you have any plans on hosting 64 tourneys or know of any around this area?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Hey there. I have recently moved to Shepherdstown WV and I'll be there for a year. I lack a license but I would definitely love to be able to attend one of these events. Do you have any plans on hosting 64 tourneys or know of any around this area?
The weeklies are usually Smash 4 but if others brought setups, I am sure they would be down. Last Friday didn't happen but is this Friday happening?

As far as 64, The Wsport smashfest at my place I usually play a bit of 64. Also the tournament on August 29th in Hagerstown will have 64.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Sorry for the late reply, been on hiatus for a week.
My rule is if someone brings the setup, then people can play. I love all the games, but I only own Wii u, so I can't guarantee tourneys for all. The $5 fee covers all tournaments for the night, so if people come and have a setup, then there's no reason that they shouldn't play all available games.

Also if you don't have a license I'm sure carpooling can be arranged. I live really close to shepherds town, so it wouldn't be difficult to swing by and pick you up if you were interested.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Just signed up for this site. Enjoyed the weekly.

We all had a good time. Hopefully we'll be back often to level up.

Last edited:

twymanderrick2

Smash Rookie
NNID
bentendown4021
So wait when you pay at the door you don't have to pay to play in the tournament

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Hey how many people usally show up
We typically get from 6-10 people, but new people show up every week. When you pay $5 it is a base price. That's the only fee you have to pay to play. It means the prize pool is typically small, but this tournament is more for getting the community together, and constantly forcing people to pull around $20 a week is a little much. If you win your bracket, it's typically enough to double your entry fee plus a couple dollars.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Just signed up for this site. Enjoyed the weekly.

We all had a good time. Hopefully we'll be back often to level up.
Awesome. I hope we see you guys frequently. During the school year it might get a little more lax cuz my brother will be running it, but the tournament will stay

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Awesome. I hope we see you guys frequently. During the school year it might get a little more lax cuz my brother will be running it, but the tournament will stay
We had stuff going on this past week and this coming friday we'll be in Philly for Summer Jam but we'll prob try to hit it a couple times a month.

twymanderrick2

Smash Rookie
NNID
bentendown4021
And sorry im asking so many questions my 15 year old mind is the best crayon in the box

Top Bottom