• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 29, 2015] Smash Town PA's Sm4sh & Melee Tournament (Mountville, Pennsylvania)

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet

SMASH TOWN PA'S Sm4sh & Melee Tournament!

SMASH TOWN PA'S Seventh Sm4sh & Melee Tournament!
Aug 1st (Saturday) venue opens @ 11:00 AM and the tourney starts at noon.

If you have a setup to bring we can always use more! The first 3 setups of each game get 50% off the venue fee!

A live stream of the tournament can be watched on our twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/smashtownpa YouTube videos will be posted sometime within the next week if you can't make it for the stream.

If you're interested in commentating on our stream setup or helping run a bracket please contact Pete Welch. The extra help is always appreciated.

ALSO, If you any friends or significant others that just want to tag along for fun / hang out and meet some friendly people, there will be a table dedicated to board games at this tournament. If you have a particular game you'd like to play bring it along! :)

TOURNAMENT FEES:
$10 Venue Fee
$10 Singles Sm4sh Entry
$10 Doubles Sm4sh Entry ($20 per team)
$10 Singles Melee Entry
$10 Doubles Melee Entry ($20 per team)

1/2 off venue fee for first 3 setups of Sm4sh & also for Melee.

Pay at the door.

Smash Town PA GC Adapters $25.

SCHEDULE:
Venue opens at 11:00 am

SM4SH & MELEE DOUBLES START TIME: 12:00 pm
SM4SH & MELEE SINGLES START TIME: 3:00 pm

Please show up no later than ((((11:30 pm)))) The tournament will be starting promptly at noon.

FOOD: There will be a food stand at the venue

PRIZES:
1st place: 50% & Champion Trophy!
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%

(The cash calculated will be based off the total amount from entry fees.)

TOURNAMENT RULES:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qaiJaK4lMHtj5mqVuXZ36Od2Y_39myWivCciY-y5ICU/pub

We are Looking forward to meeting new faces from White Rose, 717 Smash, Xanadu and SmashBoards, hope to see you there!

If you have any questions feel free to shoot myself (Pete Welch) a PM.

Last edited:

summerhays

Smash Cadet
how big was the turn out last tournament? me and my friends might be interested just a bit of a drive though

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
and exactly where is the venue, I can't view facebook.

Suiko

Smash Rookie
I also need to know where the venue is. I can't view facebook either.

DJDK99

Smash Rookie
Are you guys still have these tournaments? If so where is the venue?

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
I apologize for the late response. We average 25 - 30 contestants per tournament. This tournament will most likely be bigger due to us adding multiple tournaments to the schedule! :) The address of the venue is: 2010 Franklin Rd, Washington Boro, PA

Please read over this page again as I updated some details.

Last edited:

MkKloud

Smash Rookie
Possibly a dumb question... but do we have to use gamecube controllers?
New to tourneys! :|
lol

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
Our tournament allows all un-modified controllers with the exception of the gamepad. I personally allow it on my system but if others don't want you to use theirs they have that rite.

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
So I am looking to come, should be hype. I can't load the google maps street view right now, but whats the parking look like? Also, I could maybe bring a GC adapter, but not a full set-up. Would that be appreciated?

MkKloud

Smash Rookie
Our tournament allows all un-modified controllers with the exception of the gamepad. I personally allow it on my system but if others don't want you to use theirs they have that rite.
okay! awesome, unlike most people, i actually prefer the wii-mote, so i'll probably just bring that. i may be able to bring a wii u and game, but im not sure so i didnt check it on the entry form.

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
I forgot to ask, can we specify doubles partners if we have a friend we want to team with? I didn't see a way to do this is the sign-up thing, so I have not done it yet.

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
We'll have plenty of parking space. As for a doubles team, if you just use the same form and specify you are registering a team in someway I'll put you guys in. Other wise I can just register you guys at the tournament.

Draken

Smash Rookie
Just for clarification, is the tournament being held at the 120 College Ave address listed at the top, or the 2010 Franklin Rd address?

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I also have a small crew that plays PM. I actually think that there would be more interest in PM than doubles for either Melee or S4, even from a business standpoint. However, It probably won't stop me from coming by myself if you don't do that. Also, how do i sign up? Is it just at the door? I know you said pay at the door but I didn't know if there were pre-sign ups.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I also have a small crew that plays PM. I actually think that there would be more interest in PM than doubles for either Melee or S4, even from a business standpoint. However, It probably won't stop me from coming by myself if you don't do that. Also, how do i sign up? Is it just at the door? I know you said pay at the door but I didn't know if there were pre-sign ups.
There's an active Philly scene that plays PM more than once on a weekly basis and are starting tournaments back up starting with weeklies on July 11th. Join Facebook/com/groups/PhillyPM for more, and constant information.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
There's an active Philly scene that plays PM more than once on a weekly basis and are starting tournaments back up starting with weeklies on July 11th. Join Facebook/com/groups/PhillyPM for more, and constant information.
WHAT?! How come there were no posts made on SmashBoards about this ever?

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
Also, how do i sign up? Is it just at the door? I know you said pay at the door but I didn't know if there were pre-sign ups.
You can sign up for the event on our Facebook's event page. I don't believe SmashBoards allows me to post that link here but if you search for SmashTownPA on Facebook it should come up. I'll PM you the link just in case you can't find it.

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
We may, haha, that's something in discussion right now... The thing is, a lot of tournaments are popping up in the area, to the point I feel like there's almost one every week. I don't want to burn people out / make them go broke. I might test it out next tournament, I'd like to think about it a little more too.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't this tournament at one point scheduled for the 8th? (or was that changed and I missed it or do i just not know how to read, lol)

Last edited:

PeteMcTee

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I keep forgetting to come to this page frequently, we do most of our tournament discussion on our Facebook page. That being said, there will be a temporary gap in our schedule due to our primary host getting a new job / taking a class. We highly recommend that you check out OooWee's weekly Friday tournament in Harrisburg if you want to keep up with Smash and more! OooWee has a great atmosphere and is becoming quite popular! Hope to see you there!

Top Bottom