• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Zero To Death #1 ~ $100 Pot Bonus

Zero To Death #1 ~ $100 Pot Bonus
Posted by Sarth
Arthur Murray Ledgewood
Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sarth

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles and Doubles Tournament

I will be using my place of work, which is a dance studio, to host this event. It's a great, big open space with a P.A system, AC, and plenty of ways to get to it.

I have about 8 full set-ups, but have room for so much more, so please bring a set-up if you have one. I'm gonna give anyone who brings a set-up half-off their venue fee, up until I get to 16 set-ups.

Roxbury is connected to I-80, via exits 28 & 30 and Routes 46 & 10 (where we are located). You can also take the train to the Mt. Arlington station which is right off I-80's exit 30 if you are being picked up. 206 will also get you to Flanders, which is a neigboring town. Other neighboring towns include Randolph, Netcong, Long Valley, Chester, Budd Lake, Mount Olive, and Hopatcong.

As this will be my first tournament as a TO, I'm only going to do singles and doubles for Melee. In the future, I might do more.

Pricing:
$10 Venue Fee
$10 Melee Singles
$5 Melee Doubles, per person

Schedule:
3pm: Registration begins
4:30 am: Melee Doubles
6:00 pm: Melee Singles

Pay out will be as follows:
60%
30%
10%

With 32 or more people:
55%
25%
15%
5%

I'll be adding a $100 pot bonus to the event, and I'll add more to that if we hit more entrants.

29 entrants or less = $100,
30 entrants = $150,
40 entrants = $200
50 entrants = $250

Melee Ruleset

General Rules
- Items off, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks
- No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
- Wobbling is legal, stalling past 300% is illegal
- Double Blind and Neutral Start is offered at request
- You cannot counter pick to any stage you have already won on
- Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it
- If a match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock
- Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent
- Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character

Starters/Neutral Stages
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium*
Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles)

* = Neutral start in teams

The first stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing
3/5 Sets will have no bans

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 862-258-6684, e-mail at sarthurmuray@gmail.com, or message me on Facebook.

MARIO12A

Smash Rookie
NNID
MARIO12A
I want to see this place grow. I don't play melee only Smash 4. Hopefully this place attracts a lot of people. I would like to visit though and play melee though. Is this event a weekly, bi weekly, or monthly?

Top Bottom