• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Matchups Discussion SmashWiiU/3ds

malware365

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokegirl366
:039:I wanted to hear some peoples opinions on Jigglypuff match ups I got a pretty good figure of the bad ones but I wanted hear other peoples opinions (I'll share my opinion as well)

Overall Pros: To be honest Jigglypuff has overall the best time fighting characters rushdown opponents do to Jigglypuff defensiveish play style and most rushdown characters have bad recovery which works into Jigglypuff's hand (or stubs I guess) Jigglypuff also does pretty well aginst most of the heavyweights (not all most) this because Jiggs can easily get them in a wall because of there huge bodies and get rest easier again because of there large bodies she can duck under some heavy projectile characters attack like say Link but isn't to good aginst all projectile characters she also gets out of the combos of most combos characters pretty easily

Overall Cons: Jigglypuff (well mine anyway) has trouble aginst fast characters because her arasnel really can't handle all that at once especially Fox she has not to much trouble but it's still worth mentioning that she can have trouble hitting short hop aerials on shorter fighters but this usally isn't to big of a deal she usally has some trouble fighting particular heavy weights like Ganon or Dedede because of there low attack lag leaving for lack of openings and the fact that they can kill her with ease finally she has trouble with certain zoing fighters and almost evey spacing characters Jiggs range of attacks and approach game is pretty bad which means characters like R.O.B have no problem zoning her and other characters like Cloud or Marth can space her out to prevent Jiggs from getting an attack on them making things more difficult

Good Match Ups::4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4mewtwo::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl:

Bad Match Ups::4bowserjr::4cloud::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4lucas::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4pacman::4rob::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic:

Nuetural Match Ups::4darkpit::4diddy::4greninja::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4gaw::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4villagerf:

:4jigglypuff:Ditto: I kinda like the Jiggs on Jiggs matchup

I still want to hear everybody elses thoughts on Jigglypuff matchups so please tell me if you agree disagree or even make your own match ups list (I really recomend that last one):039:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Good::4bowserjr:,:4falcon:,:4fox:,:4falco:,:4greninja:,:4miigun:,:4bayonetta:(my prediction)

Bad::4cloud:,:4dedede:,:4darkpit:,:4diddy:,:4myfriends:,:4kirby:,:4littlemac:,:4link:,:4lucario:,:4marth:,:4metaknight:,:4mewtwo:,:4ness:,:4pacman:,:4pikachu:,:4feroy:,:4ryu:,:4sheik:,:4shulk:,:4tlink:,:4wario:,:4yoshi:,:4lucas:,:4miisword:,:4miibrawl:,:4mario:,:4corrin:(my prediction)

Neutral::4bowser:,:4dk:,:4drmario:,:4rob:,:4gaw:,:4samus:,:rosalina:,:4robinm:,:4sonic:,:4wiifitm:,:4zss:,:4zelda:,:4luigi:,:4ganondorf:,:4olimar:,:4peach:,:4duckhunt:,:4charizard:

Very bad::4jigglypuff:(rest is a killer)

Last edited:

NogGoggler

Smash Cadet
:039:I wanted to hear some peoples opinions on Jigglypuff match ups I got a pretty good figure of the bad ones but I wanted hear other peoples opinions (I'll share my opinion as well)

Overall Pros: To be honest Jigglypuff has overall the best time fighting characters rushdown opponents do to Jigglypuff defensiveish play style and most rushdown characters have bad recovery which works into Jigglypuff's hand (or stubs I guess) Jigglypuff also does pretty well aginst most of the heavyweights (not all most) this because Jiggs can easily get them in a wall because of there huge bodies and get rest easier again because of there large bodies she can duck under some heavy projectile characters attack like say Link but isn't to good aginst all projectile characters she also gets out of the combos of most combos characters pretty easily

Overall Cons: Jigglypuff (well mine anyway) has trouble aginst fast characters because her arasnel really can't handle all that at once especially Fox she has not to much trouble but it's still worth mentioning that she can have trouble hitting short hop aerials on shorter fighters but this usally isn't to big of a deal she usally has some trouble fighting particular heavy weights like Ganon or Dedede because of there low attack lag leaving for lack of openings and the fact that they can kill her with ease finally she has trouble with certain zoing fighters and almost evey spacing characters Jiggs range of attacks and approach game is pretty bad which means characters like R.O.B have no problem zoning her and other characters like Cloud or Marth can space her out to prevent Jiggs from getting an attack on them making things more difficult

Good Match Ups::4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4mewtwo::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl:

Bad Match Ups::4bowserjr::4cloud::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4lucas::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4pacman::4rob::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic:

Nuetural Match Ups::4darkpit::4diddy::4greninja::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4gaw::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4villagerf:

:4jigglypuff:Ditto: I kinda like the Jiggs on Jiggs matchup

I still want to hear everybody elses thoughts on Jigglypuff matchups so please tell me if you agree disagree or even make your own match ups list (I really recomend that last one):039:
Holy **** you guys extra overrate jigglypuffs matchup spread

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Holy **** you guys extra overrate jigglypuffs matchup spread
Almost no one here overrates the MU spread. Malware seems to have some VERY odd choices like :4yoshi: is one of our worst MU's and is agreed upon by most of us here :S. But it is purely opinion based so that's that.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Okay here's my list!
Good matchups:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4megaman::4palutena::4rob::4robinm:
:4samus::4sheik::4zelda::4zss:
Neutral matchups:
:4cloud::4dedede::4diddy::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4luigi::4mario::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4gaw::4olimar::4pacman::4peach::rosalina::4shulk::4wiifit:
Bad matchups:
:4darkpit::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4ness::4pikachu::4pit::4feroy::4ryu::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi:

I never play any miis so I have no idea where to put them

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Good: :4bowserjr::4greninja::4falco::4samus::4rob:
Neutral: :4wiifit::4pikachu::4palutena::4bowser::4falcon::4fox::4dedede::4dk::4luigi::4olimar::4miibrawl:
Bad: Everyone else lol
Stupid horrible::4pit::4darkpit::4feroy:

IMO our best MU is with R.O.B, and our worst is with Pit.

Last edited:

malware365

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokegirl366
To be honest I really I do pretty well aginst yoshi as Jiggs but I probally shouldn't have put that under "good" also this is my first time doing this so it was obviously going to be bad

Last edited:

malware365

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokegirl366
I'd also like to hear a bit about :4jigglypuff: vs. :4bayonetta: cause I was thinking how Jigg's lightweight combo escapeability and the start up on Bayonetta's attacks could be good for Jigglypuff

Furret24

Smash Master
I struggle to see how Jigglypuff goes even with Game and Watch. It seems to pretty heavily in his favor (+1-2). Could one of you here share your side of the coin?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'd also like to hear a bit about :4jigglypuff: vs. :4bayonetta: cause I was thinking how Jigg's lightweight combo escapeability and the start up on Bayonetta's attacks could be good for Jigglypuff
Honestly, it depends on what the ZSS matchups is for Jigglypuff. Whatever it is, it should be the same for Bayonetta. What you just said, plus the ability to crouch under what looks like many of her attacks, makes me feel like this matchup will be okay for Jigglypuff and Kirby. Kirby Vs. Bayonetta looks like 50:50, and she looks like a S tier character to me, so that should really help Kirby. I expect the same will happen with Jigglypuff, though a little worse due to even lower weight and no Copy Ability.

malware365

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokegirl366
Honestly, it depends on what the ZSS matchups is for Jigglypuff. Whatever it is, it should be the same for Bayonetta. What you just said, plus the ability to crouch under what looks like many of her attacks, makes me feel like this matchup will be okay for Jigglypuff and Kirby. Kirby Vs. Bayonetta looks like 50:50, and she looks like a S tier character to me, so that should really help Kirby. I expect the same will happen with Jigglypuff, though a little worse due to even lower weight and no Copy Ability.
I never thought of the amount of attacs Jiggs could duck under do to her height thx

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I struggle to see how Jigglypuff goes even with Game and Watch. It seems to pretty heavily in his favor (+1-2). Could one of you here share your side of the coin?
Game and Watch has many laggy moves that we can easily take advantage of. Meanwhile his fantastic disjointed smash attacks keep us at bay. They both have an attack that can kill each other at low percents, but is difficult to use/ combo into. both have exceptional ability to edgeguard each other. Both are very light, once one of them is k.o'd the other is soon to follow. It really depends on just how well the players can punish each other. this is just my opinion though

Furret24

Smash Master
Game and Watch has many laggy moves that we can easily take advantage of. Meanwhile his fantastic disjointed smash attacks keep us at bay. They both have an attack that can kill each other at low percents, but is difficult to use/ combo into. both have exceptional ability to edgeguard each other. Both are very light, once one of them is k.o'd the other is soon to follow. It really depends on just how well the players can punish each other. this is just my opinion though
Game and Watch isn't laggy. :|

His smashes aren't all that good either (outside of usmash). Almost all of his moves have large disjoint that Jigglypuff has a hard time dealing with. Game and Watch also has the upper hand in range.

Rest and 9 are not even close to comparable. Rest is fast, powerful, and is a good OOS option. 9 is completely luck based, slow, unreliable, and generally useless in competitive play.

Both have top tier offstage game, so I have to give you this one.

Game and Watch clearly has a much easier time killing. Once he's taken a stock off Puff, it will difficult for her to catch up and take the stock off G&W, since she really only has Rest, nair, bair, and fsmash; while G&W has smashes, ftilt, dtilt, and all aerials except nair.

I'd also like to add that G&W's usmash nullifys a lot of Jigglypuff's landing options and aerial approach. It also kills her really early, especially with rage, in which it can kill almost as early as Rest kills him.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Game and Watch isn't laggy. :|

His smashes aren't all that good either (outside of usmash). Almost all of his moves have large disjoint that Jigglypuff has a hard time dealing with. Game and Watch also has the upper hand in range.

Rest and 9 are not even close to comparable. Rest is fast, powerful, and is a good OOS option. 9 is completely luck based, slow, unreliable, and generally useless in competitive play.

Both have top tier offstage game, so I have to give you this one.

Game and Watch clearly has a much easier time killing. Once he's taken a stock off Puff, it will difficult for her to catch up and take the stock off G&W, since she really only has Rest, nair, bair, and fsmash; while G&W has smashes, ftilt, dtilt, and all aerials except nair.

I'd also like to add that G&W's usmash nullifys a lot of Jigglypuff's landing options and aerial approach. It also kills her really early, especially with rage, in which it can kill almost as early as Rest kills him.
By laggy I meant he had to commit to a lot of his tilt attacks because many of them stay out for so long.
As for the rest of it you basically said exactly what I thought, but more organized. Although Rest OoS becomes less effective in higher levels of play.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130

Sure but on the other hand, Jigglypuff can easily camp him with a stock lead.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I'd need some decent G&W practice to be able to judge, and I'm pretty sure this is probably the case for most players due to how relatively underused G&W is. There aren't any in my area and I never end up fighting many. Fite me
(My gut says -1 almost purely due to range)

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I fought a decent G&W in the last tournament I played but I feel like he relied too much on smash attacks so I really can't say anything.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
lol Infinite901 Infinite901 if you put roy as one of our worst MU, then you just have an issue with that MU. Puff wins that MU, you just need to understand how spacing works
Could you elaborate on this? I think it's a losing MU too.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Roy's aerial range and disjoint is better than ours by a bit, but his aerial acceleration is especially poop (one of the worst in the game) and it isn't all that difficult to punish the endlag on his aerials if you can keep just outside that range (unlike Marth/Lucina, who have better accel and so are more difficult to outspace). None of them autocancel (well, bair and uair have four frames), they aren't quick to end, and he falls fast, so if he jumps without an aerial on the way up it's either going to have landing lag or be an empty jump. Shielding his aerials is also ok, but unless his spacing/timing is bad (esp. spacing nair right into you or landing with dair) you aren't going to be in a really advantageous position. The thing with nair in particular is that when advancing with it, he can't even space it all that well because his aerial acceleration is so bad. His combos don't work all that well on us either.

He can get gimped by us relatively easily just with dropzone nair etc; I don't really know the timing to not get owned by Blazer but I beat it pretty often so I dunno.

One of the main areas of concern is probably that he benefits a lot from rage and often won't die for a while, and that gets really scary because he's so fast and strong that he can punish mistakes easily. Be aware of B-reverse Flare Blade, and also of grounded Blazer's superarmor startup. If you get hit by pretty much anything you're going to want to 1) DI and move up-and-away, and 2) use jumping airdodge when possible, rather than challenge, since that's how he bops you with silly strings that shouldn't work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom