• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Japanese exclusive song found (Ashley's Song Ver. 2)

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

I demand that they patch this in when they release the Miiverse stage. They should also fix the DK Rap while they're at it.

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
This better be added into the rest of the regions games as I find this better than ver. 1

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I prefer the more upbeat nature of Ver. 1, but it would be nice to have this as an option as well.

Last edited:

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Holy Molly! I like this version seriously! 0o0 I want it, thanks so much for sharing. XoX

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Ashley kinda sounds too old, but other than that I really love this version. A big shame it's not in the game. I think this version is more based off the original with it sounding more like, I don't know, similar to a marching song? That's what the original and this remind me of. I don't care it's Japanese and amazing, why is it not in my game I demand an update with this beautiful music.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That's really weird that they excluded this from international release. Besides, Brawl has JP versions of each of the WarioWare themes.

This version definitely has a march-y, spookier tone than the original. Not jazzy broadway cheese that I really only enjoy for the saxophone solo. If this is a Gamer track, then this one is a more fitting choice over the former.

Last edited:

Ridleyisforever

Smash Cadet
It's not that big of a deal that this isn't in our version. I mean we already have two versions of Ashley's theme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Odd that this was excluded from the international versions.

It sounds closer to the original and more fitting to the Gamer stage, actually.

On the DK Rap being fixed, the same could be said about the other shortened tracks including, but not limited to, Id (Purpose) from Fire Emblem: Awakening, Gaur Plain and Engage the Enemy from Xenoblade.

EDIT: On the video description, it says this version replaces the English version from Brawl on the JP release.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
On the DK Rap being fixed, the same could be said about the other shortened tracks including, but not limited to, Id (Purpose) from Fire Emblem: Awakening, Gaur Plain and Engage the Enemy from Xenoblade.
I hope they fix Engage the Enemy, it is my favorite video game song. It sounds like it skips...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was wondering why Wario didn't get any new songs. But why was this not included in the English version, and why was one not done for English like the last game?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, this is one of my new favourites, although I still prefer the one from Brawl. Strange that it was cut from the western release though. Well, the internet exists for a reason.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Why on earth would they do that?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First Japan exclusive trophies in Melee, now this? Region exclusive content is such a bummer since Japan gets to have the extra content/superior versions.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
Japan getting the best version of a game is nothing new. If you are the kind of person who really loves video games and wants the best version (myself included), you would normally buy the Japanese versions.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I think I like the version we got more, but I think this needs to grow on me.

It's really good, and it fits the Gamer stage a lot better in my opinion than the original. (And this is coming from me, having both Ashley's Song variations above 50% on Gamer)

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd like it for completion's sake, but it's getting set to never like the rest anyways on my system.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Japan getting the best version of a game is nothing new. If you are the kind of person who really loves video games and wants the best version (myself included), you would normally buy the Japanese versions.
It's not the best version for you if you can't read the text though.

This song would fit great on Gamer though!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I like what they did with the jazzy and upbeat Ashley's Song in Brawl but this one definitely sets the tone from the original. Sad it isn't in the international versions. Wonder if maybe we have an exclusive track not available in the other versions?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Damn, this version is awesome and not in my version of Smash :c

I wonder why. After all, Brawl had a lot of japanese songs (I miss Ai no Uta)... We even had the French version of Ai No Uta.

Last edited:
Top Bottom