• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday Game Nights @ The Foundry (San Francisco, CA)

duncs

Smash Apprentice
Showdown eSports partners with Folsom Street Foundry of San Francisco to bring you weekly #SFGameNight
With HUGE projectors and TVs dedicated to gaming, hangar-like space, and beautiful bars, competitive gaming fans in the Bay Area can expect a great time every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00 to 12:00 PM.

What can you expect every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?
- Live gaming broadcasts and VODs shown.
- Casual and competitive playable gaming (Hearthstone, SC2, LoL, and SSB (64, Melee, Sm4sh) Tournaments
- “Bring Your Own Games” - Bring any board games, cards, tablets, or laptops.
- Beer pong, board games, cards, and other fun activities will be provided.
- Drinks and fun!

Age Restriction: 21+
REMINDER: $5 cover will be in effect for these events.
(Credit card accepted)

Details:
Where - Folsom Street Foundry, 1425 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Time - 6:00 PM to 12:00 PM
Internet - Free WiFi available
Parking - Free street parking after 6:00 PM

Tuesday Special Events:
Smash Bros Melee Tournament - Get Smashed at the Foundry
Twitch Channel - twitch.tv/showdownsmash
Sign-ups Begin - 7:00 PM
Starts at - 7:30 PM
Entry - $5
Prize - Top 3 split 60%/30%/10%

Thursday Special Events:
Ultra Street Fighter IV Tournament - Churning The Butter #CTB
Watch Online - twitch.tv/showdowngg
Sign-ups Begin - 6:00 PM
Starts - 8:00 PM
Entry - $5

Smash 4 Tournament - Come On And Ban
Watch Online - twitch.tv/showdownsmash
Sign-ups Begin - 7:00 PM
Starts - 7:30 PM
Entry - $5
Prize - Top 3 split 60%/30%/10%

Rewards Program:
We utilize the FiveStars rewards program which is free to sign up, you'll earn 10 points per event, and can redeem 50 points for free entry to Game Night!

From our partner, Folsom Street Foundry
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/1itFLTY
Twitter - http://twitter.com/fsfoundry
Website - http://folsomstreetfoundry.com/
Food & Drink Menu: http://folsomstreetfoundry.com/menu/

Showdown Entertainment | Connect with us.
Facebook - http://facebook.com/showdownesports
Twitter - http://twitter.com/showdowngg
Website - http://showdown.gg/
Contact Us - info@showdown.gg

Last edited:

CJScaduto

Smash Rookie
Hi all. I'm CJ, one of the founders of Showdown. We are somewhat flying under the radar on this one but wanted to let everyone know that this venue is AMAZING and we are eager to start hosting tournaments soon. Casuals and whatever you all want to work on your end for tomorrow are perfectly fine by us. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. If you have questions, you can ask me quickly on Twitter @ CJScaduto CJScaduto . Cheers all.

$heen

Smash Ace
This looks like an amazing venue. I would love to help organize some sort of weekly tournament.

Should we just bring our TVs and set them up in a section somewhere? Smash on HD TVs lags too much to play competitively.

CJScaduto

Smash Rookie
This looks like an amazing venue. I would love to help organize some sort of weekly tournament.

Should we just bring our TVs and set them up in a section somewhere? Smash on HD TVs lags too much to play competitively.
Hi $heen. Thank you for your question. We are working with the owners of the bar to allow for additional CRTs to be brought in. They have backpedaled a bit on the BYOTV but I'm hoping with enough people showing, they will change their mind. It is worth noting though that we will be hosting a large scale tournament in 2014 for Smash there which is when we will go all out with the proper gear. For now, I should be able to sneak in old SONYA, our 27" CRT as well as having Smash on a projector or two.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
I believe @ $heen $heen has begun running weekly casuals tournaments with a few ranked Melee characters.Come down tomorrow cause we've slowly begun to take over crowd majority of the venue. It's a good time.

Meeyon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9044-1164
Hey!, I plan to come to one of these Tuesdays for my first Smash tournament, since it's 30 minutes from my house.

Are there fees for venues and the Melee bracket?

jslim720

Smash Rookie
Do you think that this might be open to all ages in the near future? And what is 4sf?

BERSerker96

Smash Rookie
Oh and also do you have a gamecube rig? I want to go up against skilled players of melee. Im even willing to bring mine if you dont have one already. Oh and people should bring their own controllers cause mine are terrible

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Hey all,

I've never been, but it sounds like fun. I heard they charge $5 dollars at the door now, is that true?

Also, what are the rules about bringing setups? I want to try and bring an SSBM: SD Remix setup including CRT, but I'm worried the venue owners will have issues or there won't be enough space.

Thanks guys, hopefully see you guys on Tuesday.

Fats_Ganon

Smash Rookie
Duncs - Is this on Monday 9/22 or on Tuesday 9/23? I'm coming in from the East Coast on business and want to check this ou

GameQ

Smash Cadet
I wish i have heard of this before, how long does this weekly event plan to stay on? I'm not sure I can make it this week, but starting next week I'd love to make this a weekly tradition every Tuesday after work.

_glook

It happens every Tuesday, and it's pretty big, so you don't have to worry about it not happening. They are, however, skipping an event at some point (either holiday or the venue had issues with that date) so be careful of that.

_glook

The reason it is 21+ and up is because the venue is a bar, serving alcoholic beverages. There's nothing they can really do about the age restriction, short of breaking the law.

Destro99

Smash Rookie
The reason it is 21+ and up is because the venue is a bar, serving alcoholic beverages. There's nothing they can really do about the age restriction, short of breaking the law.
Does it count if I'm about to be 21 in a week? Can I still enter?
Because I was in the worlds 2013 viewing party and there were many people there below 21 plus the bar was open; you just needed to show ID. So why now that 21 age rule is implemented?

Last edited:

_glook

Was it at the Foundry? Because there's a bouncer who cards you before you enter, or at least he's carded me each time I've come. Maybe the viewing party was done off hours? Because if so, that means they wouldn't have alcohol being served, and it wouldn't matter what age you were.

Either that, or they cordoned you guys off in a specific area where you didn't have bar access.

The way the Foundry works is they card you before you enter, not at the bar; this is presumably to make it so the bartenders don't have to keep carding people each time they come up to the bar for a drink, which keeps the service quicker.

As you legally can't drink until you're 21, I don't know if they'd let you into the Foundry; it depends on how lenient they are. The problem is, if they let you in, they're partly liable for letting an under-aged person drink, which is a risk they may not want to take on, even if you're super close to the drinking age.

Top Bottom