• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West The Regulation 3 - Smash Wii U Monthly

The Regulation 3 - Smash Wii U Monthly
Posted by CGL DrDoubleDee
850 Alamo Drive, Vacaville CA 95688
Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Cerberus Gaming League returns, for their second Super Smash Bros Wii U Monthly Tournament! Join us at Forgotten Path games in Vacaville on April 23rd for The Regulation 3.

This event will be live streamed through twitch.tv/cglevents
Pre-Register Here https://smash.gg/theregulation3

General Information
Venue Fee:
-$10 if Pre-Registered
-$15 if Registering at the door
(Spectators do not have to pay)

Singles Entry Fee: $10
Doubles Entry Fee: $10 Per Team (Capping this at 24 Teams)

Smash 4 Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Smash 4 Singles Payouts (If over 100 entrants)
1st: 48%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2%

Smash 4 Doubles Pay Out (Capped at 24 teams)
1st :60%
2nd: 30%
3rd:10%

Bring your own controller!
*Cash only for Fees if Registering in person!*

Double Elimination Tournament
Sets will be Best of 3
Winners Semis /Losers Finals/ Winners Finals / Grand Finals will be Best of 5

Starters
-Final Destination
- Smashville
- Battlefield / Miiverse
- Dreamland 64
- Town and City

Counter Picks
- Lylat Cruise
- Duckhunt
- Omega Stages (if Final Destination is banned, Omega stages are as well)

*Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.*

The first stage is decided by banning from the stage list in P1-P2-P2-P1 order. Following stages decided by the winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing the stage to play on.

*Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players. Bashing other player's performance or any form of trash talk will NOT be tolerated.(i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
*Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and will be held liable for any damages they render.

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
Winners Semis /Losers Finals/Grand Finals will be Best of 5
do you mean winners finals is best of 5 or is winners semis best of five then winners finals is best of three?
EDIT: also forgot to ask, how much are entrance fees?
2nd EDIT: can I use a WiiMote with a classic controller? i'll bring my own, and it hasnt been a problem at all in past tournaments for me.

Last edited:

JollyAndDaft

Smash Rookie
Do you need moar TV/WiiU setups? - and if ya do - do we get a discount on venue fee for bringing our awesomeness to the table? - I mean, I will try to bring a setup even if you don't discount. But it would be nice.

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Do you need moar TV/WiiU setups? - and if ya do - do we get a discount on venue fee for bringing our awesomeness to the table? - I mean, I will try to bring a setup even if you don't discount. But it would be nice.
We normally waive the venue fees entirely if people bring setups, but that's for our bi-weeklies where we don't have access to the whole venue. Since we are renting it out completely for the day, we cannot offer to discount or waive fees if people bring setups.

As mentioned on the FB event page (And I should have posted it here) we are entering people who bring completed setups (Console, adapter, TV/Monitor, power strip) into a raffle where they can win 1 of 2 Smash posters. Right now we have 9 setups, and we definitely need more. So your help will greatly be appreciated.

Have you pre-registered by the way? We have a form made up for pre-registration, where players can add their tag, and let us know whether or not they are bringing a setup. I can't access the link from where I'm at, so I'll make sure to include that link today or tomorrow. (It's on the FB event page if you have FB)

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Also! We have reached more than 50 People confirmed through Facebook. So as of last week, we have raised the pot bonus to $250, and estimate the Prize Pool to be around $1250 if we reach at least 100 Participants!! (50 Pre-Registered so far, out of 141 confirmed through Facebook)

JollyAndDaft

Smash Rookie
I no longer use facebook - I can confirm that I will be in attendance and will be bringing at least one more player. I will bring at least 1 WiiU and a 42" screen. Potentially two.
I'd be happy to pre-register if I can do w/o FB.

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
I no longer use facebook - I can confirm that I will be in attendance and will be bringing at least one more player. I will bring at least 1 WiiU and a 42" screen. Potentially two.
I'd be happy to pre-register if I can do w/o FB.
I'll get you the link once I'm off work today.
I just realized your name, and what your image is from! I'm a huge Daft Punk fan :)

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Until what time can I register? I might get there at least an hour late.
EDIT: ah, never mind, too late.

Last edited:

Gopher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gopherwithagun
Is there anyway to sign up for just singles, or is signing up in doubles a must?

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
It looks like it shows both as required. It's fixed and now should allow you to choose Singles or Doubles, or both! :) Thank you for letting me know.

Last edited:

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
We had to change to deadline for pre-registration, so now it's only available until next Wednesday! So far we haven't had many people take advantage of this, so if we get 60 people pre-registered, I will increase the pot bonus to $200 for singles!

Pre-Register Here

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
May I ask, is this going to be weekly on Saturdays?

NVM it says its the second monthy tournament, so are you guys having this next month as well?

Last edited:

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
May I ask, is this going to be weekly on Saturdays?

NVM it says its the second monthy tournament, so are you guys having this next month as well?
Yes we plan on having the event next month, if all goes well this Saturday! It may be a bit difficult so avoid scheduling conflicts with other events, but we get so many people from the Solano county area, that if anything, we're giving players more of a variety even if our event falls on the same day as another.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Yes we plan on having the event next month, if all goes well this Saturday! It may be a bit difficult so avoid scheduling conflicts with other events, but we get so many people from the Solano county area, that if anything, we're giving players more of a variety even if our event falls on the same day as another.
sounds good.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Last time I went there, pretty much any controller is allowed. Game pads are the only exception usually because only one person can use it at a time.

Top Bottom