• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South (TNT) Thursday Night Throwdowns @ Eupohria

(TNT) Thursday Night Throwdowns @ Eupohria
Posted by Eionio
Euphoria Emporium Hookah Cafe
Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 05:00 PM
Until: Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
What: Weekly Tournaments as well as Casual play for Smash Wii U and Melee (As well as MKX and other FGC titles)

When: EVERY Thursday, from 5PM to 11PM.

Doors will open at 5 for setup, casual play and registration. We'll start running brackets at 7.

Where: Euphoria Emporium Hookah Cafe - 1381 Kass Circle Spring Hill FL, 34609

Cost: $5 venue fee if you pre-register $7 venue fee day of - $5 per tournament - 70/30 pot split

Each set will be 2/3, grand finals matches will be 3/5.

Please bring your own controller as we can't guarantee there will be one available for you.

PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF YOU CAN. The more we have the smoother everything will run.

If you have any questions please check out the faq page on 4dcompete.com if you still have questions feel free to send me a message on here. Or email 4dextreme@gmail.com

This is the only weekly event in the tri county area that features both Smash 4 and Melee.

If you can not make it be sure to check out our weekly Smash 4 stream presented by FoxY on twitch.tv/4dcompete1

Also, check out our MKX stream provided by FML_FireWaLL attwitch.tv/fml_firewall

*********************Important Dates************************
The end of the year is coming and the holiday season is quickly approaching. Here are a few important dates to remember!

Christmas Eve is Thursday, December 12/24 there will be no TNT that week either.

For New Years Eve we are throwing around the idea of doing a casual only event and run a few mystery game tournaments. We most likely be tearing down at our usual time.

Please preregister for TNT on our website, it saves us a lot of time that can be used for set up.
To encourage preregistration we have made the following change to our venue fee:
If you preregister, the venue fee will remain $5
If you pay cash the day of, the venue fee will be $7

You can preregister today at http://4dcompete.com/tntprereg

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
In an attempt to grow our Melee scene I am offering FREE lessons in tech skill and general gameplay. I'm not an expert but I know the game pretty well and can get you started. Melee can be intimidating but it's amazing and there is a reason the game has survived so long.

Kirito Green

Smash Rookie
Hey I see you will be posting them from now and I will also try to help you out with teaching newcomers and also were you last week man I did maxing last week I got third I felt proud of myself and hope to see you today

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
Hey I see you will be posting them from now and I will also try to help you out with teaching newcomers and also were you last week man I did maxing last week I got third I felt proud of myself and hope to see you today
Unfortunately I was not there last week because I caught a cold. I will be there today though and I hope you continue to improve! We want to make our area well known in Florida.

Funkhouser

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZachFunkhouser
For smash 4 we normally have anywhere between 15 and 30 people. Melee it's been a struggle we used to get around 12 but a lot of our guys haven't been showing recently so it's bee really small brackets of like 6-8 people :(
So youre saying us scrub newbie Melee players have a chance of taking a game/making top 8?

Kirito Green

Smash Rookie
Hey itrez remember that other melee tournament I told you about if you can go this week I'll go to so we could join there doubles if they have it and also join their singles too

SnacksonMcTee

Smash Rookie
hey are you guys having a melee and smash 4 tounrey this thursday? any plans to shut down or something unexpected? would like to go again but past few things yall were closed or no event when smashboards said otherwise >.<

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
hey are you guys having a melee and smash 4 tounrey this thursday? any plans to shut down or something unexpected? would like to go again but past few things yall were closed or no event when smashboards said otherwise >.<
Yes we were close for the holidays but we are back in full swing now!

I really recommend joining the Facebook group! we update it much more often than here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SHFGC/

SnacksonMcTee

Smash Rookie
I dont really use facebook, not my style, but is there a melee event tonight? for 2/4/16 i have a luigi that wnats a fox rematch

Kirito Green

Smash Rookie
I dont really use facebook, not my style, but is there a melee event tonight? for 2/4/16 i have a luigi that wnats a fox rematch
Hey I was wonder if you are going this week I wish if you could teach me somethings cause I know I still need to learn a lot but I have been practicing it I can do it but not extremely fast but I can do it

Last edited:

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
I have to admit. Its a little hard trying to convince your parents to let you go to a Hookah bar just to play Smash.

Sorry for the late reply, but you can let them know that the hookah is not sold or smoked during the tournament at all. we just use the venue. Also parents don't have to pay to get in.

Kirito Green

Smash Rookie
I have to admit. Its a little hard trying to convince your parents to let you go to a Hookah bar just to play Smash.
Also I am not competely sure about this but is not a bar it's a hookah lounge then anything because I think they don't even sell alcohol there either so that meant also help out if you tell your parents trust me I had the same problem but it was more of the fact that hookah lounges usually only allow 18 and up but since it's a tournment night they allow younger people to come in and compete in the tourney I was able too so just tell them that and it meant help out with them letting you go

Last edited:
Top Bottom