• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 23, 2015] Atx Sanctum Weeklies!!! (Austin Tx)

Sizeable D

Smash Rookie
Major hype for this Thursday. I even got the day off of work so I can sit around at home in my underwear in preparation. Not practicing or anything. Just sitting there. Waiting.

Nihil Del Terra

Smash Rookie
I'm bringing 3 friends and a setup. I'm unsure who's going to actually enter the tourney or bring their own setup. I'll have them get on here and confirm that for themselves.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Major hype for this Thursday. I even got the day off of work so I can sit around at home in my underwear in preparation. Not practicing or anything. Just sitting there. Waiting.
Yo I just looked more closely at your avatar and why the **** is it a woman with a boxing glove on a spring coming out of her nether regions

Sizeable D

Smash Rookie
Yo I just looked more closely at your avatar and why the **** is it a woman with a boxing glove on a spring coming out of her nether regions
Haha it's from the anime FLCL. ****'s crazy, yo.

Unrelated, Fmblz I need to see this Lucas you're working on tomorrow.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Not able to get on Facebbok right now. Abstract Logic will not be coming this week, so College Station will only have 6 reps. So we're still good for the 6v6 crew battle.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Thank you @ Grime. Grime. for hosting. College Station had a ton of fun at this.

This was my highest placing tournament yet, and I feel really good about it. Shoutouts to @EclipseKirby for going 15 games with me in singles bracket and taking the W. I've never played against someone I was so evenly matched with.

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Yall are welcome anytime man. Try to come the 22nd, maybe you can get that rematch with sethlon lol

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
1st gets 60% of the pot.
2nd gets 30%
3rd gets 10%

It really depends on how many people show up. We averaged around 20 or so people with $2 buy-ins for a while, but just last Thursday we had 43 people, so first got $52. There's also a monthly coming up with a $5 buy-in so the prize pool will be bigger. You'll have to get through everyone else going for it first, though.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Getting top 3 is a lot easier said than done, yo. ATX is much more stacked than I first gave them credit for. I only managed 5th in the end, disappointing all my fans. Still had a great time though.

Plus I'm part of the ATX region now so you gotta add the best DK in Texas back into your calculations.

The_Dragonite

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheDragoniteTV
Getting top 3 is a lot easier said than done, yo. ATX is much more stacked than I first gave them credit for. I only managed 5th in the end, disappointing all my fans. Still had a great time though.

Plus I'm part of the ATX region now so you gotta add the best DK in Texas back into your calculations.
Wait a minute are you in ATX all summer? Am i privileged to practice against you for the next couple of weeks?

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
It is a PLEASURE to inform those that we have a new venue and our weeklies are starting up JULY 3RD!!! Hope to see beautiful faces out there

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I live in Dallas now, but will be moving to Austin in August, I plan on coming to a bunch of these! ... now, to figure out how to get Project M, lol

Sizeable D

Smash Rookie
I live in Dallas now, but will be moving to Austin in August, I plan on coming to a bunch of these! ... now, to figure out how to get Project M, lol
The Poossycat Dolls said:
Don't you wish your girlfriend was FastLikeMe?
:rolleyes: Anyway... I was going to post a link on how to get PM but apparently I can't post links until I post 10 times. Lame.

Last edited:

Erseric

Smash Rookie
Never been to a tournament before, hopefully i can check this one out

ZestE

Smash Cadet
We're very active and we would love to have you. We have weekly Smashfests in the MSC on Thursdays and Fridays as well as biweeklies tournaments (sometimes more frequent than that). Join our Facebook group for more info
Could you add me? I actually just sent a join group request from D***** Ng...n

ZestE

Smash Cadet
Also, I'm going to try to attend this one, but if not this one, definitely the next one on the 24th.

jotun

Smash Ace
Is there much room for playing friendlies at these?

I've hardly played in the past ~6 years and I'm not too familiar with PM, so I'm likely to go 2-and-out in the tournament, but I'll still show up if I can get a good amount of playtime otherwise.

Top Bottom