• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 25, 2015] Saturday Scuffles RanBats Spring 2015 Season (Morgantown WV)

over30

Smash Cadet

When: Every Saturday at 3pm from January 17th until April 25th. Casual play starts at noon if you want to get some friendly matches in!
Where: Four Horsemen Comics and Gaming in the Morgantown Mall (9201 Mall Rd, Morgantown, West Virginia 26501).
Venue Fee: There is no venue fee!
Entry Fee: $5 per game. ($2 for side events)

Stream:
The very awesome IWin? has started streaming for us on Twitch! Here is the link!
I've also started streaming as well, you can catch my stream here!

Youtube:
Thanks to the stream, we've got a Youtube channel with some matches uploaded! Check it out!

Games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Wii/GC)
Super Smash Bros. Project M (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Wii U)
Guilty Gear Xrd: SIGN

APEX rules will be used for Smash events. Standard tournament rules used for other games. If you can please bring your own controller!

Side Events:
Maybe an Amiibo only bracket? In the works!

Non-Smash casually played games:
Ultra Street Fighter IV (360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
Under Night in Birth: EXE Late (PS3)

This is a ranking battle event! The season starts Saturday and will run every Saturday until the end of the season. Everyone gets at least a few points for entering. If you don't top 3 in any game, don't worry! At the end of our season there will be a raffle for fabulous prizes (note: prizes may not be fabulous) where you'll receive tickets equal to the number of points you've earned that season!

Ranking Points Spreadsheet

Weekly Results:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6 - Cancelled due to snow
Week 7 - Cancelled due to Smashtown tournament
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13 - Cancelled for High Elevation 2!
Week 14
Week 15

Parking:
Mall parking is free. I recommend parking behind the mall and using the service entrance because it comes out right next to the store. When you enter the mall area take a left and go around behind Sears. The pictures below may help:

After parking, use the service entrance hidden behind the wall:

Last edited:

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
yo I know this is kinda weird since we don't really know each other, but I'm taking like 6 guys from Wheeling down next weekend if you want to take the last seat in the SUV and have me pick you up
You seemed to not be a serial killer at War of the Roses so I'm down. I'll know if I'm able to go by Wednesday probably, so I'll message you then. Thanks a ton man.

over30

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! We did miss the last two weeks due to weather and then a last minute Melee event at WVU - I didn't post up to announce the cancellation and I apologize. We're back on track now, so come on out this coming weekend, the 7th, and join us for some Smash action.

over30

Smash Cadet
This concludes the spring 2015 season. This season was pretty awesome and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Lets make next season, starting in the fall, even better!

Top Bottom