• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur Moveset Problem

rbd

Smash Rookie
Hey,
For some reason in a game I just played as Ivysaur, his moveset was messed up. The neutral b attack shot stuff up above him at rapid fire(bullet seed?), and in no way charged solar beam. In fact, there was no charge for solar beam at all and he couldn't absorb health in any way. Also, his down b was non existant, as in when I pushed down b nothing happened at all.
If it helps, we did an all pokemon battle (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle, and Pikachu), and we were on Pokemon Stadium (1). We were all shocked and played again, but everything is back to normal. I haven't been able to replicate the problem a second time, but I did figure something so odd was worth mentioning!

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
were u in 2.5B or the original 2.5? my guess is that your wii had a quick glitch and did not load all of the codesets properly for that game (hence, the .pac files that modify movesets). Since it went back to normal, however, it wouldnt be a bug in the actually coding for ivysaurs moveset, it would be an issue with how the game read your SD card or how it loaded the codes off of it.

Do u have a lot of custom skins or stages? sometimes those can be glitchy and cause minor problems. i sometimes have an issue whenever i go to the stage builder to load project M, where it doesnt read the SD card properly and the game freezes. i have to reboot it, but it always solves the issue. Ive only noticed it happen if ive added skins and stages and stuff to the sd card. it only happens no more than like 5-10% of the time anyways, so its not a major problem at all.

rbd

Smash Rookie
We're using 2.5b, without any added skins or stages.
Odd that it didn't do it for previous games or ones after though. I didn't even have to reset the wii for it to go back to normal either

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It happens occasionally with all the Brawl transforming characters, just reinstall and it shouldn't happen again.

I used to have the same problem working on Samus/ZSS for minus, and reformatting fixed it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
If it was only for one match, then it was probably just the file patch code malfunctioning for a sec... Can happen occasionally with all chars and stages...

:phone:

Top Bottom