• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivy vs G&W, Bucket Useless

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Against Ivysaurs FB, the boomerang thing, I tried to absorb it with Game and Watch´s Bucket. Didn´t work, and it seems to me like the Boomerang looks more like an an energy attack, rather than an item-attack (like Links Bow or Boomerang) thus it should be Absorbed.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
I guess it boils down to what each individual seems fair for his bucket to be able to absorb. This leaf for example (which glows with energy! ;) ), makes a lot more sense than Robs Laser IMO.

But ok, apparently not a bug then. :)

Emg3

Smash Cadet
have you noticed that you can fill G&Ws bucket entirely with say charizard's or bowsers fire but when you use it on them it acts like you only filled a portion of it?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This leaf for example (which glows with energy! ;) ), makes a lot more sense than Robs Laser IMO.
Lasers = Energy based attack
Razor Leaf = Solid object thrown at high speed
The "glow" you see is just color drag. Bucket only absorbs unchanged energy.

have you noticed that you can fill G&Ws bucket entirely with say charizard's or bowsers fire but when you use it on them it acts like you only filled a portion of it?

There's an equation for the damage output of G&W's bucket. If he were to absorb 3 of Ness' PK Pulse the damage and KB are much greater since a fully charged PK Pulse does a lot of damage and KB. Whereas Bowser and Zard's fire does little damage and KB, that's why the hits are weaker.

Top Bottom