• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issues on Wii U with Wii remote

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
So whenever I start up project M, my wii remote bricks and I need to activate a 2nd remote to get the first one to activate and start the game. I'm on a Wii U and never had this issue with 2.6.

FlameEliwood

Smash Rookie
I'm having an incredibly similar issue that I think is worth pointing out. To shed a little more light onto this, it's that you can't use the Gecko OS if you're using a Wii Remote that has Wii motion plus built in. I figured this out a while back when trying to play Project M with a friend. They only had 1 Wii Remote with Wiimotion plus built in, and I didn't know why their Wiiremote blacked out then. When I got my own Wii remote with Wiimotion plus built in ((just to test this I used two Wiimotion plus built in remotes since my friend had one)) and it's just that the Gecko OS can't handle it for some reason.
If you use a regular Wii remote and have a Wii motion+ attachment, it works fine. If you use one with Wii Motion+ Built in, it won't work and you can't start up Project M.

Also I should point out that this isn't a Wii U thing. The same thing is true even if you start it up on a regular Nintendo Wii.

FlameEliwood

Smash Rookie
the Gecko OS is the one that comes WITH the Project M download. I don't know why this isn't working.

Or more specifically, if this has been reported before or if anyone has even bothered trying to fix it at all.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Wait so how do I update it then? I just downloaded it the first day Project m 3.0 came out.

Top Bottom