• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issue with c-stick and tap jump

NeonApophis

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that if you press and hold up in order to jump and attempt a c-stick input during or immediately after jumpsquat (not sure on the exact timing since I'm just doing this in game), you will double jump and the attack from the c-stick will not register. To reproduce just press up on the control stick and left, right, or down on the c-stick at the same time, and continue holding up throughout this. It's not very difficult to do. I'm guessing this occurs because the c-stick is registered as a direction plus attack, so the directional input basically causes you to buffer a second jump, since it reads the initial up on the control stick, interrupts that with the c-stick direction, and then immediately reads up as a new input even though you have just been holding up the whole time.

This isn't too big of an issue since you can just let go of up or use x or y, but fixing this might be a good idea if that is possible.

Top Bottom