• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Try Pokémon Conquest, to me it screams out loud Pokémon X Fire Emblem (although the story isn't divided by chapters), however, it is a shame that the main story is so short and can be easily cleared in 10 hours, but it has a lot of post-game chapters.

Back to on-topic: Isaac for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U.
We never had Pokémon Conquest in France... :(
I would have enjoyed this game so much.

@ Falgor Falgor Happy Birthday or since we know each other thanks to Twitter : Joyeux anniversaire =D

I loved all the remixes you posted here guys, it brought back so many memories of those awesome games <3

Please Sakurai hear our payers and put Isaac in smash !

I don't remeber if this questions was asked already but which victory poses you would like to see for Isaac?

I personally would see one with a Djinn coming out of him, turning around in the air and "sit" on Isaac's shoulder ^^
Thanks! Merci ! ^_^

It's not a victory pose but a defeat one (It would have to exist, even if Isaac would be a top-tier character, obviously) that someone already suggested, and it's a really good idea:
Isaac would stay with his arms crossed, and let two little Psynergy hands would clap to the winner.

And for a victory pose, maybe the pose when he casts a Psynergy?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We never had Pokémon Conquest in France... :(
I would have enjoyed this game so much.
Unfortunately, here in Portugal it wasn't released either, but a friend of mine bought one from the UK and after he cleared it, he lent it to me, so it is a really awesome game.

Now back to topic, I think Isaac's victory pose could consist on having Flint apeear, fly around Isaac a little and land on his hand, while Isaac pets it with another. Another victory pose could be Isaac brandishing his sword, guard it and stare at the sun with a smile. As for the third victory pose, Isaac could lift some rocks and finish it off with a thumbs up Psyenergy hand.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Isaac's losing pose would just be him, totally lacking emotions with a little sad face icon over his head. I know that probably wouldn't be the best thing, but it's a great pic to imagine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is a great idea, however, Isaac and Matthew can easily work as a same character, but with Matthew being an Isaac alt. However, I can see this happening with Isaac and Felix, being Felix the slower, but stronger version of Isaac (like Mario and the Pits).
Damn it, Felix's return would be the best thing that could happen to a new Golden Sun! Thank you for the hype building!

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Sorry that im late to the party but....... What does #GoldenSunday mean?
It's a kind of trend we try to build, the goal is to promote a 4th Golden Sun game, because the devs stated that the fans must (probably massively) ask them for it if they want it. We want to make a lot of people sign the petition to try to make it happen, and the more we'll be to gather and talk about the games, the better the chances of it happening.

We just try to talk about it on social networks every Sunday, hence the #GoldenSunday. :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we do get a GS4, I don't imagine it would be due to overwhelming fan demand. I don't think fan demand can reach overwhelming levels at this point, the series is too niche and far from its "glory days".

Not to say it can't return to those days, but I see getting GS4 more due to a mix of middling fan demand, Camelot not having anything else on their schedule, going into developing the game knowing that if it doesn't do well there will be no follow-ups, and probably performance of the GS titles on the VC adequate enough to convince Nintendo to fund development.

Or... Isaac/Matthew gets in Smash and the interest in the series skyrockets. But at this point that seems much likelier to happen after GS4 development, not before.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Smash did wonders for Fire Emblem. Although it did heighten stupidity with all the "Is Marth and Roy in this game" crap.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smash does wonders for pretty much ever series it includes. Except maybe the ones bigger than it to begin with.

Although sometimes "wonders" just boils down to people incessantly asking for a new title and Nintendo acting all coy and withholding. Basically just always keeping it in the public eye, which is not where Nintendo seems to want some of its dormant IPs.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well the lack of Golden Sun trophies means either DLC or GS is not viewed as important which seems to contradict the point of having VC releases meaning it is important to Nintendo history.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
VC releases aren't special. They eventually happen to like 90% of Nintendo's games for applicable systems.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
If we do get a GS4, I don't imagine it would be due to overwhelming fan demand. I don't think fan demand can reach overwhelming levels at this point, the series is too niche and far from its "glory days".

Not to say it can't return to those days, but I see getting GS4 more due to a mix of middling fan demand, Camelot not having anything else on their schedule, going into developing the game knowing that if it doesn't do well there will be no follow-ups, and probably performance of the GS titles on the VC adequate enough to convince Nintendo to fund development.

Or... Isaac/Matthew gets in Smash and the interest in the series skyrockets. But at this point that seems much likelier to happen after GS4 development, not before.
It doesn't mean that we should stay without doing anything. It's also our responsibility to support the series we like even in its dark times. And about VC sales, they didn't put much effort into it (missing languages in EU), so if the sales aren't enough for them, it will be their fault. But why do you think Isaac or Matthew are likelier to get in Smash after GS4? Or did I not understand what you meant?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
VC releases aren't special. They eventually happen to like 90% of Nintendo's games for applicable systems.
Didn't Golden Sun get that "special" treatment of being the first GBA game to be available on the Wii U VC? Or was it any VC in general? They do eventually happen for most of the games, that's right, but they could have used Minish Cap or any other popular GBA game instead.

Granted, I certainly do not try to be the guy who gets carried away by any small glimpse of Nintendo actually caring about the series we so deeply adore up to this day.
But, leaving out the main series Pokémon games, Golden Sun might just be, alongside Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, the most memorable game Nintendo had on that handheld.
Keep in mind, all that comes from a guy who deeply connects the Golden Sun games with his childhood. I even used to bring those games to school to play during breaks, so I might just be a little too prejudiced when it comes to Golden Sun.

But hey, aren't we all?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It doesn't mean that we should stay without doing anything. It's also our responsibility to support the series we like even in its dark times. And about VC sales, they didn't put much effort into it (missing languages in EU), so if the sales aren't enough for them, it will be their fault.
I'm not saying don't even bother trying, I'm just saying that reaching an "overwhelming" amount of demand is a bit unrealistic, and if anybody has the right to say that, it is someone who has supported and still supports the GS series since it pretty much started. There's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting a series you fancy, but that doesn't preclude maintaining a realistic outlook on its capacity as it stands currently.

Also missing languages in the PAL release of the second GS game on the VC isn't going to be the make or break factor in determining whether the sales are acceptable or not (if such a factor even really matters in the future of the series), Japan and NA are the territories they pay more attention to anyway.

But why do you think Isaac or Matthew are likelier to get in Smash after GS4? Or did I not understand what you meant?
Clearly Isaac didn't make the cut for the initial roster, and while we can theorize that he might be planned to be DLC, all we know right now is what we can observe, which is that with the way Sakurai seems to select the roster nowadays, having a recent game or a game in the works gives a character much better odds. Sakurai himself even said series which are likely to have another installment are higher priority.

Didn't Golden Sun get that "special" treatment of being the first GBA game to be available on the Wii U VC? Or was it any VC in general? They do eventually happen for most of the games, that's right, but they could have used Minish Cap or any other popular GBA game instead.
Well... they did. GS was one of like eight or nine games initially released in the first few weeks of GBA availability on the VC (btw it wasn't the first available). And it was an early GBA game and a successful one, so it makes sense they would release it early. Maybe it would be special if GS had released late into the system's life and had been relatively unsuccessful yet Nintendo made it one of their first offerings.

You want an example of a VC release getting "special" treatment? Look at Earthbound or Duck Hunt.

I'm not trying to be a raincloud or anything, I just think people are making mountains out of molehills as far as the VC release goes.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well... they did. GS was one of like eight or nine games initially released in the first few weeks of GBA availability on the VC (btw it wasn't the first available). And it was an early GBA game and a successful one, so it makes sense they would release it early. Maybe it would be special if GS had released late into the system's life and had been relatively unsuccessful yet Nintendo made it one of their first offerings.

You want an example of a VC release getting "special" treatment? Look at Earthbound or Duck Hunt.

I'm not trying to be a raincloud or anything, I just think people are making mountains out of molehills as far as the VC release goes.
Don't worry, you're far from being a raincloud - which actually is a beautiful way of putting it, mind you. It's definitely okay to have a more realistic, down to earth view of things.
I myself would like to be capable of not being overhyped at the slightest bit of positiveness in whatever happens. As much as I try to be reasonable and logical, sometimes lightheartedness and childishness get the best of me. :)
But hey, I can understand both sides in this. Some people think it's great to have Golden Sun available on VC and possibly read way too much into that, while others think it's great and be rather reasonable about it all.
I for one am more than satisfied with even having the games available on the Wii U since lucky me broke his DS the other day searching for, you guessed it, the good old GS-cartridge.

I'm looking forward to Golden Sun's future. It seems and feels like the chances of getting a new installment are not too bad after all, and, most importantly, we still have a large, devoted fanbase which makes the wait worthwhile. Isn't that what it's all about after all?

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'm not saying don't even bother trying, I'm just saying that reaching an "overwhelming" amount of demand is a bit unrealistic, and if anybody has the right to say that, it is someone who has supported and still supports the GS series since it pretty much started. There's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting a series you fancy, but that doesn't preclude maintaining a realistic outlook on its capacity as it stands currently.

Also missing languages in the PAL release of the second GS game on the VC isn't going to be the make or break factor in determining whether the sales are acceptable or not (if such a factor even really matters in the future of the series), Japan and NA are the territories they pay more attention to anyway.
I understood what you meant, and I guess that you're right, but I personally think that it's not the kind of truth to say if we want to keep a good spirit. It's already hard to gather a lot of people, so we should not discourage them from the start. :/
I don't want to give lessons, it's just my point of view. And well, who knows? It's an assumption, a probably true one, but still an assumption and we could be pleasantly surprised.

Languages still matter (and by the way I think it's the case for both games, not just the second one). I've read a LOT of commentaries criticizing them, just in my country. And some were implying that they wouldn't buy them because of this. On Reddit, a huge number of people also mentioned that they would be playing them again on GBA or DS, or even by illegal means instead of buying them on VC, so...

Clearly Isaac didn't make the cut for the initial roster, and while we can theorize that he might be planned to be DLC, all we know right now is what we can observe, which is that with the way Sakurai seems to select the roster nowadays, having a recent game or a game in the works gives a character much better odds. Sakurai himself even said series which are likely to have another installment are higher priority
So you think that GS4 is currently in the works? I won't say it can't be the case, I definitely hope so.

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
Not really related to Isaac, but a new Palutena's Guidance was found. I would link it but I can't post links yet.
Basically here's the conversation:
Pit: Who is that?
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it!
Viridi (I think): It must be an intruder from another dimension!
Pit: Whoever it is, the goal remains the same. To fight, and win!
It might be for DLC characters, and that might mean that there will be more than one DLC character since they would probably make a unique one if Mewtwo was the only DLC character. More hope for Isaac?
Of course, it might always be a scrapped guidance for the Mii Fighters or something.
Hoping for Isaac in Smash and Golden Sun 4!
Edit: Video posted by Strider_Bond00J. Thanks for posting the video.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Not really related to Isaac, but a new Palutena's Guidance was found. I would link it but I can't post links yet.
It might be for DLC characters, and that might mean that there will be more than one DLC character since they would probably make a unique one if Mewtwo was the only DLC character. More hope for Isaac?
Of course, it might always be a scrapped guidance for the Mii Fighters or something.
Here's the GameXplain video
It's a curiosity. Speaking of sound files, any ideas for who you think would provide a good voice for Isaac?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I feel that GS4 would be made in a similar manner to how Awakening was made- as some sort of a ultimate tribute to the series, the final one with them making it like it is their last game ever due to the possibility it will be.

I do think GS being one of the first GBA VCs highlighted is done as a way to test whether there is enough popularity in terms of sales to justify making a sequel (Camelot did say they were willing to make another game if there was enough fan demand. Testing fan demand via sales makes sense) similar to how Capcom used the sales of DarkStalkers Resurrection in order to determine if there was enough popularity to justify another Darkstalkers game. Considering GS was one of the highest selling GBA games on the VC, I actually , like @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , think a final GS game at the very least is happening. The suspicious acknowledgement of the franchise via a seemingly random inclusion of a Djinn on their 20th anniversary as opposed to Waluigi whilst it doesn't mean much in of itself, being just an mere acknowledgement, doesn't exactly hurt my optimism.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Edit: Video posted by Strider_Bond00J. Thanks for posting the video.
Yeah my guess is that it's for potential dlc characters down the road. It doesn't say anything about Isaac's chances though.

At least it shows they actively prepared for character dlc in the future beyond Mewtwo.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sorry I haven't been posting here. Been busy on K. Rool thread. So, right, this thing going on with the soundclip... I hate to say it, but I kind of think it is a scrapped mii fighter guidance. I would love to be wrong, but it really does fit the way they treat mii fighters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a curiosity. Speaking of sound files, any ideas for who you think would provide a good voice for Isaac?
I'm not a picky guy. I'll admit that if they just have Aya Hara, who was Isaac's CV in Brawl, do more grunts and noises for Isaac and they don't bother with an English VA, I won't have any problems with that. While Isaac can talk fluently, whenever he was the central character, he didn't speak, so in keeping with this, just having a standard sound databank without vocal lines beyond callng Psynergy attacks is okay.

Frankly, the sooner we get Isaac, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I imagine Isaac being similar to Mario in terms of voice. By that I mean he's not super talkative outside of a few phrases. Maybe Isaac says "Move!" whenever he uses the attack for example. Maybe he'll shout "Judgement!" during his final smash.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I imagine Isaac being similar to Mario in terms of voice. By that I mean he's not super talkative outside of a few phrases. Maybe Isaac says "Move!" whenever he uses the attack for example. Maybe he'll shout "Judgement!" during his final smash.
Could easily just be grunts. Look at Bowser. Even Melee Mewtwo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Could easily just be grunts. Look at Bowser. Even Melee Mewtwo.
I believe the Isaac assist trophy said "Move" so we already have an example of Isaac speaking.

I think Link would have been a better comparison by the way, since he's more human-like than Bowser or Mewtwo.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I believe the Isaac assist trophy said "Move" so we already have an example of Isaac speaking.

I think Link would have been a better comparison by the way, since he's more human-like than Bowser or Mewtwo.
I guess it depends if they keep him JP or make him English.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
If Isaac actually would shout some of the attacks' name, for example Judgement, then he would require English VA, since it would be kinda weird (not bad, just weird), to have him the English version scream: "JUDGMENTO!!!" (I actually would like that, but it would be better if we got him scream just "JUDGEMENT"), but unlike Brawl Marth, I really hated when he would speak Japanese after winning a fight, because I had no clue what he was saying, however, if they give Isaac just grunts, I wouldn't mind a Japanese VA (as long as it isn't the same from Brawl, that female voice didn't fit Isaac, I would imagine something like Lloyd Irving/ Teen Titan's Robin VA).

But according to the comment section, the theory is that this is reference to the hacker who found that sound file, since it speaks about an intruder (an hacker could be considered an intuder in video games) and from another dimension (in this case, real life).

However, I believe that this could be more of a reference to Mewtwo, since he has always been a top-secret project developed by team Rocket and he is a genderless Lengedary, so they only talk about an intruder, without refering the intruder's gender, although Mewtwo is often reffered as a male.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I REALLY hate to be a downer about this, but is there any proof that whoever this "mystery fighter" is, is there currently any proof it's NOT Mewtwo? I'm not saying I don't want DLC, but I'm saying let's not count our DLC fighters before they hatch...:p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Here's the GameXplain video
I honestly believe that voice clip is for downloadable characters as a whole. Until Sakurai confirms that Mewtwo is the only downloadable fighter, I'm going to stand by the possibility of more downloadable fighters being made.

As for a voice actor, I've always thought Johnny Yong Bosch would be perfect for Isaac. Though, I think male Robin's voice actor could work, too. I could also see Isaac just having a Japanese voice with no spoken dialogue, similar to Link and Little Mac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, I REALLY hate to be a downer about this, but is there any proof that whoever this "mystery fighter" is, is there currently any proof it's NOT Mewtwo? I'm not saying I don't want DLC, but I'm saying let's not count our DLC fighters before they hatch...:p
If it was Mewtwo, Palutena ought to know who he is. They would've clearly stated it was Mewtwo, or made further implications that its Mewtwo. Instead, Palutena has "no data on this fighter." Even worse, Mewtwo has been in Smash before, so in theory, in-universe, Palutena could've looked back and researched how Mewtwo was like in the past.

This is NOTHING of the sort. Its just a generic blank-slate, most likely in case they can't bring back the voice actor to do a new guidance for DLC content. There's no evidence to think it is Mewtwo at all, and no reason whatsoever that its specifically for Mewtwo.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice a lot of the sore Ridley supporters all over the internet? Whenever someone mentions about their hopes for their character as a DLC, I tend to see a Ridley supporter either insult or downgrade the character being supported.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ABBKl7bAk
Just look at the top comment's replies! At least their character is somehow getting represented...
I'm PwnageZX, just sayian'.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Deep down in our hearts we still want Viridi to be all excited about what Isaac can do with.. you know, the earth and all that nature-y stuff. As much as I dislike her, she oughta be the perfect Isaac fangirl.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Deep down in our hearts we still want Viridi to be all excited about what Isaac can do with.. you know, the earth and all that nature-y stuff. As much as I dislike her, she oughta be the perfect Isaac fangirl.
It would make me like Kid Icarus a bit more to actually see it and not just imagine it.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Haha, that would definitely make sense.

Personally, I've always enjoyed Viridi's anti-hero personality. In a way, it is rather fitting for The Goddess of Nature, since frankly, nature itself can be quite anti-heroic.

Top Bottom