• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Smash is a place to bring fandoms and characters together for fun. Stop this incessant flame war. Stop the off topic posts, stop complaining about other people's choices, and stop complaining about what Smash is "supposed" to be.

It's a game. It's supposed to be FUN.

STOP IT. I've reported three posts already. I don't want to report more.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't need this group to support Isaac.

I'll keep cheering until he gets in. Then I'll be playing as him.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Then do as you wish.

I'm quite sure though that this isn't really a flame war, it's just one sole guy complaining while others have to talk their opinions or facts at him (which are turned down rather quick). Don't try to generalize rest of us due our reactions on him - I don't think it's really been what can now be considered hate group in same vein as what we've now been projected to.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Some characters in Smash have alternate costumes which don't seem to actually represent anything important to the character or franchise. Mario's flag outfit or Captain Falcon's alts spring to mind.

If Isaac didn't get outfits based on other characters from Golden Sun, what colors would you like to see him in?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Some characters in Smash have alternate costumes which don't seem to actually represent anything important to the character or franchise. Mario's flag outfit or Captain Falcon's alts spring to mind.

If Isaac didn't get outfits based on other characters from Golden Sun, what colors would you like to see him in?
I wonder if colors based on other chars would be possible. Since there's like, 8 party members in total with Isaac included in Golden Sun and TLA. I'd play the hell out of Garet's and Ivan's possibly Jenna's as well.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's not just the sole guy. There were other contributors, though their posts seem to have been edited since.

Part of the rules:
If another user is flaming or harassing you, you should not retaliate--instead, report it to a moderator.

Purple. I don't know why.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Bruh, calm down. Sakurai can't make everyone happy. He ain't god. Isaac is probably going to be DLC anyway right after K Rool (he is like the second most popular character in the ballot).
What makes you assume I'm not calm? I didn't wrote in all caps or something. I'm just trying to make people realise that his work isn't as perfect and fair as people can make it sound. I'm expressing an (impopular, it seems) opinion.
And maybe he can't make everyone 100% happy, but he should at least try to make more people satisfied a little, because that he can do. There's place for improvement.

About Isaac, I'm not thinking he has no chance. Never said that. But I'd still wait for October (at best) before saying he'll do the right thing this time.

Anyway, I guess I'll just go since I bother people by expressing my opinion about people expressing their.

A last thing:

It'd be sad to see ya go because of Fargol's posts. Don't let him ruin your enjoyment on supporting Isaac too hard.
It's Falgor.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I feel as if there is bit of an overraction. It's okay to disagree on things. What I like about forums is that it isn't meant to be a place where we join hands and sing kumbaya. As long as there are no personal attacks, we should embrace opinions of all kinds. As humans, we're all opinionated, we all have concerns. I don't know why we should immediately report someone because they might offend others. As long as there is no profanity and personal attacks (which wasn't present), people should be able to share their concerns in a civil manner.

Anyways, I don't think any of us should at all take this personally. It would be counter-productive in getting our favorite character into Smash.

On the OP, there is this one set of costumes that I think is perfect. Just make 7 sets of costumes that are based off of other Golden Sun characters. My personal picks would be Garet, Jenna, Alex, Matthew, Ivan, Piers, and Felix. Felix would be the only one I would want a change in hair color.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
On the OP, there is this one set of costumes that I think is perfect. Just make 7 sets of costumes that are based off of other Golden Sun characters. My personal picks would be Garet, Jenna, Alex, Matthew, Ivan, Piers, and Felix. Felix would be the only one I would want a change in hair color.
Agreed, those would be ideal.

But, assuming that he had outfits not based on other characters, what colors would you choose?

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Agreed, those would be ideal.

But, assuming that he had outfits not based on other characters, what colors would you choose?
Funny thing is, I was just thinking about this a second ago.
The most likely scenario I would see is 1 or 2 character alts that are based off of other Golden Sun characters (likely Felix and Garet) and the rest would be random colors.
Ideally though, I would want all the alts to be based off of other characters. It's tough for me to guess the likelyhood of that happening.

To answer your question though, I really have no prefence in colors if it won't be based off of other Golden Sun characters. Just do similar solid colors like with Marth and Roy (black, white, red, green especially). I'd use the original outfit if we did indeed get random colors.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Isaac should have a color repping each of the elements and maybe the last three can be of his original party?

Isaac, Fire, Earth, Wind/Electric, Water, Garet, Ivan, Mia?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Bruh, calm down. Sakurai can't make everyone happy. He ain't god. Isaac is probably going to be DLC anyway right after K Rool (he is like the second most popular character in the ballot).
source please? not that i'm saying you're lying but i'd like to see.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm going to echo @ Capita Capita a bit here.
Most of this was not a personal attack. Although it was a long and drawn out reply (or rebuttal) that alienates for length reasons and viewed tone, I saw most of the reply as being neutral / realistic. If it goes somewhere awful, then the instigator is the culprit and I'd also hope the respondent would understand and step back (rare but it seems like Falgor was willing).
People asking for even more Mario, Pokémon or Fire Emblem reps now are just being selfish and greedy.
Stuff like this however isn't appreciated, maybe within a group of pro-Isaac's that's a cool rallying feature, but it estranges all sorts of people.
I haven't gone through this entire conversation so inform me if I'm missing something but that's my perspective.

If something is personally upsetting to you while not really breaking rules/disturbing the peace, you have the option to place them on ignore.

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Got a warning for the America let them vote thing. Great.
Obviously, Shanya is not American. :p

source please? not that i'm saying you're lying but i'd like to see.
We will never know, at least for the official ballot. Plenty of polls have been posted before on this thread. Isaac consistently ranks top 5, sometimes top 2 (have yet to see a poll with Isaac as number 1).

Last edited:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
And the worst part, is that I know some people like this specially, some of the Pokémon community. I'm a huge Pokémon fan, but we already have enough Pokémon, however, I know some Pokémon fans that didn't help me vote for Isaac, because they didn't want (heck, I could even give them the text), but because they will only buy the game if Hawlucha/Sceptile would make it in. I was totally speechless, because instead of helping me and it would take only a few minutes (or saying that they didn't want to help, which is also totally understandable, since they're not Smash fans), they went and voted for a Pokémon that probably won't make it in (c'mon, six is enough) when they don't even have the game.
I know what you mean, because Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon, but I don't want it in Smash there are just too many Pokémon in Smash.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Sceptile in Smash, since it would kinda fill the gap of starters (where is our Grass starter? I would also love his B to be like Ivysaur's :troll:), however, for now, imho, Pokémon and Mario, as important as they are, have already a lot of reps (which are deserved, I never said they weren't). For now I think that DK and Golden Sun are the most deserving franchises to get a new rep (and apparently it seems that it is how the ballot is going).

But enough of this discussion, since two supporters already got a warning, so back to Isaac, I hope he gets 8 colour swaps, based on his journey friends or 4 colour swaps, based on his friends of the first game and then Matthew as an alt with also four colour swaps based on his journey friends. Or instead of Matthew, Felix as an alt.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmm.. so much going on, and I haven't been here in a while.

Pardon the lack of quoting, but it's too much to go back to:

-Clones taking spots: I think we can all agree that this has been covered thoroughly. However, I can't help but question the chosen characters. Wether they're overrepresenting, or too redundant to warrant its spot, I think they had better characters to choose from like another Punch Out character: King Hippo or Doc Louis as heavy versions of Little Mac (Punch Out turned 30 last year, and I think it's safe to say that it was still a lot more popular than Kid Icarus, at least outside Japan, until Uprising), or Dixie Kong as a light version of Donkey Kong, etc.
But the point is... we agree that Isaac deserves better than to be someone's clone, don't we? Because I sure don't see him as a :4robinm: clone, so let's not even bring it up. :D

-No Squirtle or Ivysaur: That :4charizard::4greninja: trailer was a kick in the throat for me, because I knew my Brawl main was gone forever. Along with transformations. Sure, I'm the minority, not a lot of people had the patience to learn 3 characters, but I did because I LOVED Pokemon (Yellow, in particular, where you could use all 3 starters). I shook it off and convinced myself it was all for the best, so I could focus on my new favorite characters.:4littlemac::4megaman:. And even if :ivysaur::squirtle:were brought back, they would still be separated so for me it defeats the purpose. I rather have their moveset recycled into another character like Isaac (not another pokemon) and his custom moves.

-Sakurai hating on Golden Sun due to its lack of representation.

(I've been waiting for Nintendo as a whole to get back to this franchise for 20 years, and I've waited for this guy to be on SSB for 16)

I don't mean to provoke pity, but come on... Golden Sun just recently got a revival. Which is a lot more than some other series get. And got an awesome remix in Brawl. Now it has a new song, and Isaac's AT is completely missing (which, again, to me bodes really). I'm POSSITIVE Isaac is the next AT turned Character in this roster.

Dark Dawn ended in a cliffhanger, which I'm sure they'll want to go back to at some point. Just wait until they release TLA and DD on the Wii U VC for people to catch up, and we'll probably be close to a GS4 reveal (after Isaac as DLC is announced).

-Isaac's gimmicks:
I can think of plenty, but in order to remain unique, I feel a Djinn SET/STANDBY system with Summons is in order.
Something like this: Each Djinn has an ability, but the side effects downgrade your stats. However, it also increases the level of your summon ability. Once the Summon is used, you'll regain your normal stats. I just hope it doesn't become too complicated like :pt: and all of the gimmicks that hurt this character so bad.

-Voice: Aussie sounds great, but.. we still want him to be mostly silent, right?

On a sidenote, part of me wants to have an all-earth Isaac represented (because we have a void of Grass-type, and not a single Earth user), but part of me also wanted him to have different elements just so they could put a different Adept model for each different color, with his/her corresponding name (like :4bowserjr:and all of his bros). But I doubt that will happen due to Ivan/Sheba being relatively shorter than the rest of the cast.
At least through Custom Moves it'd be great to have some Mercury/Jupiter/Mars abilities as well. (Particularly the first 2).

And finally, don't you guys lose hope. Heroes arrive late, and maybe the reason why it's taking so long for Isaac is due to the licencing that needs to be dealt with in order to get him in. It may come to no surprise that he was low priority compared to other characters with licence issues.

I'm not going to lie. I don't really care about Fire Emblem, and I still believe most of it fanbase comes from SSB anyway. (Outside Japan at least). But that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Those guys are in, deserving or not. Now it's time to focus on getting ISAAC in through the ballot. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but telling Nintendo what we want WITHOUT using our wallets, is near impossible these days. The ballot is a first since around 2006 and the Brawl character poll (Japan only). So let's focus on that instead, if we can't get Isaac in, at least let's make another GS game happen! Chances like this don't come easy!

Here, I'll leave you this. Wether you liked the game, or not, we can all agree that the feeling of this trailer was the best thing to happen to a Golden Sun fan in a long time.
Chin up, everyone! And have a good Golden Sunday! :)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
-Voice: Aussie sounds great, but.. we still want him to be mostly silent, right?

On a sidenote, part of me wants to have an all-earth Isaac represented (because we have a void of Grass-type, and not a single Earth user), but part of me also wanted him to have different elements just so they could put a different Adept model for each different color, with his/her corresponding name (like :4bowserjr:and all of his bros). But I doubt that will happen due to Ivan/Sheba being relatively shorter than the rest of the cast.
At least through Custom Moves it'd be great to have some Mercury/Jupiter/Mars abilities as well. (Particularly the first 2).

And finally, don't you guys lose hope. Heroes arrive late, and maybe the reason why it's taking so long for Isaac is due to the licencing that needs to be dealt with in order to get him in. It may come to no surprise that he was low priority compared to other characters with licence issues.
Yes, I imagine Isaac to remain mostly silent but when he does talk (during his psynergy attacks) he would talk in an Australian accent.

I don't really want Isaac to have the whole Bowser Jr. thing (still kinda salty that one of my most wanted characters was basically added in to have all 7 koopalings playable). Isaac should have costumes that are based off his friends like Shulk.

Isaac shouldn't really require that much licensing, Nintendo owns him. Camelot would probably be down with Isaac being playable anyway (what developer wouldn't). I mean Waluigi is already in the game as an Assist Trophy.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

I would like to see the 7 other party members colours from TLA, but I think Mathew will be an alternate costume for Isaac. I'll just say that Sheba will be kicked, why, I like the other characters better. Although I still like Sheba, just not as much.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If the FE characters are anything to go by, there's a strong chance Isaac will get recolours based on other Golden Sun characters. I would like to see a black alt though, since that's what I use with every other character that has one.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
And Metroid, not Ridely but Rundas.
lol, Rundas aint important compared to Ridley, Dark Samus, and Sylux.

Back to Isaac doe.
I would like to see the 7 other party members colours from TLA, but I think Mathew will be an alternate costume for Isaac. I'll just say that Sheba will be kicked, why, I like the other characters better. Although I still like Sheba, just not as much.
Matthew will totally either be an alt or costume of Isaac. Although the least important party member will probably be kicked (haven't played TLA so I don't know if that's Sheba).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I personally see Isaac as having NO accent whatsoever. But, if he REALLY had to have one, then....
:4shulk:.....You pretty much get the idea.

Top Bottom