• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SHMC from the ledge a thing?

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
Hello guys.
I've been playing Samus for around a month now and I've been wondering if you can missile while you jump on stage from the ledge.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
It's a thing yeah. The applications are somewhat specific but if you can space it properly there's not a good way for your opponent to punish you for it.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
you can ledgehop missile or ledgehop -> any aerial

you can also ledgehop straight up -> any aerial but dair, super missile, or charge shot -> regrab ledge; some of these (missile in particular) are much harder than others (uair is really easy)

you can also ledgedash, ledge aerial interrupt, ledgehop no impact land

Litt

Samus
you can ledgehop missile or ledgehop -> any aerial

you can also ledgehop straight up -> any aerial but dair, super missile, or charge shot -> regrab ledge; some of these (missile in particular) are much harder than others (uair is really easy)

you can also ledgedash, ledge aerial interrupt, ledgehop no impact land
Not sure if you meant it or not but it read like you said you cannot do a super missile or charge shot into regrab? If I did read that correctly, I might add that it is possible to with smash missiles (called hylian low rider), and mini charge shots, but not homing missiles or big charge shots unless you ledge cancel it back onto ledge like a mini wavedash using the neutral Bs knockback as a wd back to ledge.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
er, I guess I phrased that incorrectly; it was (any aerial but dair), (super missile), (charge shot)

Last edited:

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys.
I've been playing Samus for around a month now and I've been wondering if you can missile while you jump on stage from the ledge.
Yes you can. When you are grabbing onto the ledge, the inputs would be: back, forward, jump, forward+B. Its really easy once you practice it a few hours. Hit back then forward quickly. It doesn't have to be super fast, do it like you would do dash dancing.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Yes you can. When you are grabbing onto the ledge, the inputs would be: back, forward, jump, forward+B. Its really easy once you practice it a few hours. Hit back then forward quickly. It doesn't have to be super fast, do it like you would do dash dancing.
More optimal inputs would be tap down and towards the ledge so the let go DI is already towards the stage, jump, then smash missile forward.

Last edited:
Top Bottom