• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Mewtwo a Girl?

Is Mewtwo a Girl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
The official smash release is in less than 3 months and character speculation is at its peak.

Mewtwo is obviously one of the top contenders of returning melee veterans, which leads me to question a certain theory I had in mind: Would Mewtwo be considered a "female" character, as its latest appearance in the 16th Pokemon movie has the character being voiced by a woman.

Mewtwo's past appearance in smash has it clearly being voiced by a man, so would this change of voice in the latest movie have any effect on the character if it were to be introduced in the upcoming iteration of smash bros?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
First of all, Mewtwo's an "it"

Second, I think his voice will be based more on origins than anything else.
That's pretty much what I think.

But yes, Mewtwo is genderless. And so is Mew, no matter how you look at it.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
First of all, Mewtwo's an "it"

Second, I think his voice will be based more on origins than anything else.
The pokemon in the game is genderless, but Mewtwo as a character leans towards a specific gender.

Mewtwo, unlike other pokemon fighter like Pikachu and Greninja, actually speaks, which leads us to believe that it indeed has a gender. Lucario, for example, would be considered a "species" in the games, but since it's speech (words, that is, not just its name) in smash is voiced by a man, it's safe to assume the Lucario in smash is a he. (Just thought I get that out of the way about the whole "genderless" argument)

But regarding your second statement, you make a good point and that could be a direction Sakurai might be willing to take with Mewtwo, but with his whole "more female characters" campaign he has going, I think it'd be better for Mewtwo to be a she instead.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo is a alien.

Besides the first and second mewtwo movie, is male voice, but the third is a different mewtwo and its female voiced.

Both are still genderless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Take Mewtwo discussion to the Mewtwo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom