• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Brawl even relevant anymore?

steamymartini

Smash Rookie
Competitive Brawl sounds as irrelevant as the 2012 scare that we were all going to die. You think it would be better to move on to other smash games to create a bigger community?

TheComebackKid

Smash Rookie
It does have a chance, if people would at least stop being d bags about defensive play. So what if it's not how you like to play, then play aggressive. Nothing's stopping someone from playing like that.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think this guy is a troll, he's been going around making threads to rile people up.

TheComebackKid

Smash Rookie
I still prefer it over Tr4sh. Tr4sh just, it tried, but it feels lacking, even with customs.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
I still prefer it over Tr4sh. Tr4sh just, it tried, but it feels lacking, even with customs.
I think ur 2 hard on Smash Wii U...... It's not that bad,,,, it just feels 2 clunky for competitive play........ But i was able to get 1 victory in a RR pool in tournaments.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
All Smash games should be given a chance in tourneys, even if some have more entrants than others. Brawl at Smash Con was pretty good.

I love 64, I love Melee, I love Brawl and I love Smash 4.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
All Smash games should be given a chance in tourneys, even if some have more entrants than others. Brawl at Smash Con was pretty good.

I love 64, I love Melee, I love Brawl and I love Smash 4.
XEZE,,, ur so AMAZING!!!!!!!

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
There is nothing wrong with prefering 1 game versus the other, even if u disagree with their opinions...
Nothing wrong with preferring another game. There IS something wrong with people in this community insulting each others games out of left field. He might as well be the OP with comments like that.

I swear I see threads like this and it convinces me smash will never really be bigger than it is now. Too many stubborn immature kids/manchildren who are more focused on bagging on the smash games they don't even play, rather than improving their own.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Its just a joke man. But I really felt like smash 4 could have been, better, even with the dlc.
it probably could have been better, but i actually really enjoy it despite how much i enjoy melee and pm.

the only thing i wish was if they added l-cancelling, but there's something called smoothlander heavy gravity mode and it really changes the game. check it out if you haven't already.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
it probably could have been better, but i actually really enjoy it despite how much i enjoy melee and pm.

the only thing i wish was if they added l-cancelling, but there's something called smoothlander heavy gravity mode and it really changes the game. check it out if you haven't already.
whats the point of heavy gravity mode if they are banned at tournaments???

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Its just a joke man. But I really felt like smash 4 could have been, better, even with the dlc.
Explain how you think it could be better?

In no means am I saying Smash 4 is a perfect game, but I don't see anything wrong with it except for balance issues.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
whats the point of heavy gravity mode if they are banned at tournaments???
customs were banned at tournaments in the beginning, what is the difference? SLHG isn't even nearly as hard to setup as getting customs on a wii u

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
the only thing i wish was if they added l-cancelling
This **** again? L-canceling is a dumb, dumb idea. Everyone on a competitive level hits their L-cancel. If you play tournament, you hit it almost every time, and if you miss it you're not going to get punished because the frame difference is between half and a third of human reaction time. There's never a single reason you want to miss it, it's just forcing you to hit shield a lot. L-canceling might work as an easter egg for a casual fighter (i.e. what Smash was intended as), but if the game was balanced with the expectation of everybody halving their landing lag by pressing a button then there's no point in even requiring the button press except to suck the **** of the God of Hitting Buttons Tech Skill™.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
This **** again? L-canceling is a dumb, dumb idea. Everyone on a competitive level hits their L-cancel. If you play tournament, you hit it almost every time, and if you miss it you're not going to get punished because the frame difference is between half and a third of human reaction time. There's never a single reason you want to miss it, it's just forcing you to hit shield a lot. L-canceling might work as an easter egg for a casual fighter (i.e. what Smash was intended as), but if the game was balanced with the expectation of everybody halving their landing lag by pressing a button then there's no point in even requiring the button press except to suck the **** of the God of Hitting Buttons Tech Skill™.
you still completely missed the smoothlander heavy gravity mode part, which acts as l-cancelling every move.

also, saying that could be compared to starcraft2; why queue up building units if you could just have a toggle-able unit builder? why force people to queue up building units?

i don't know, execution level increases, and choking is way more of a thing because if you choke an l-cancel that could be a game.

Last edited:

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Competitive Brawl sounds as irrelevant as the 2012 scare that we were all going to die. You think it would be better to move on to other smash games to create a bigger community?
Brawl tourneys are basically only there for diehard fans that want to preserve it and also set up for people that only want brawl because its part of the series.

link2702

Smash Champion
It does have a chance, if people would at least stop being d bags about defensive play. So what if it's not how you like to play, then play aggressive. Nothing's stopping someone from playing like that.
except the fact that its not anywhere near as effective of a strategy in brawl and is far more likely to cost a player the match.

people will gravitate towards the most effective strategy, no matter how boring they find it to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Brawl tourneys are basically only there for diehard fans that want to preserve it and also set up for people that only want brawl because its part of the series.
Or maybe y'know... they genuinely enjoy playing the game? Just a suggestion.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Brawl may be losing relevancy, but I still love this game. Heck, I still pop it in, even after playing 4 and Project M.

Top Bottom