• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I threw in my support a while back as well, but I don't appear to be on the list.

I'm not sure which are cuter, Inklings or Octolings...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I don't think I'm on the list...

What is this madness?! ( Above gif is Kliff Undersn of Guilty Gear, flipping a table)

@ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster , I'm in full support of the Inklings in Smash Bros, be they DLC for this game or future games in the series!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I threw in my support a while back as well, but I don't appear to be on the list.

I'm not sure which are cuter, Inklings or Octolings...
I'm personally still on the Inkling train. Because pretty colors. <3

Might choose a cyan color if I can.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm personally still on the Inkling train. Because pretty colors. <3

Might choose a cyan color if I can.
I'm totally going white Inkling for reasons and black Inkling because actual ink.

Purple and green when I want to get colourful.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ooh, very nice! :D

Does anyone have individual art of the main (orange) Inkling from this pic?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ooh, very nice! :D

Does anyone have individual art of the main (orange) Inkling from this pic?
It wasn't released, but I shoddily cut her out of the image.

Feel free to tamper with it a bit more if you want.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Group shot!

This group shot really shows how amazing the character design is. Look at that smug smile on the orange inkling. : )

Who seriously wouldn't want these guys in Smash? Look at all this beautiful effort! :D <3

Does anyone expect a Spaltoon direct this month? It comes out in May so now would be the perfect time to hit us hard with all sort of Splatoon info. That or April, but because directs usually happen every two months, I have more reason to expect it this month.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Splatoon direct would be hype. Can't wait to play this wonderful squid-'em-up~

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I do expect a direct with Splatoon info this month, but not necessarily a Splatoon focused one.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah np. ;)

Don't have the purple one either. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't been able to find them. Maybe they haven't been released yet.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Aw ye, you're a life saver! I need blue boi for something, so not needing to cut him out of the group shot is going to save me some time.

Thanks!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Looking at the group shot, I'm starting to think if the Inklings get into smash we would get a Robin situation instead of a Wii fit trainer situations.

What I mean is, the boy and girl characters will probably have different hair colors to choose from.

Girls would have: Orange, Light Green, Pink, (4th color or alt).

Males would have: Blue, Cyan, Purple, (4th color or alt).

I prefer having the same options for colors though.

I would also prefer 16 color options like Little Mac.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Add me to the supporters list, please. Though to be fair, I'm kinda expecting Inkling to be the literal poster child of Smash 5. I don't know if they're ready to include them already. While you could make the same argument for Roy, who debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee before appearing in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade a year later, this is different because Inkling is from a new, unproven IP. Either way, I think Inkling brings a lot to the table from a moveset perspective. And by god, are the aesthetics charming. :love:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Which doesn't make sense, simce Inklings are fully customizable, unless "they" make their Inkling look like the orange one once "they" get the game.
Well, we need a recognizable "face". Robin in Smash is a good example of this, and for both genders.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

When Inkling fails to recover the little squid ghosty needs to float up from the bottom of the screen. :3

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Look! An actual thing to give us room for speculation!

So the current rumor is that Splatoon is getting amiibo support, and two Splatoon amiibo (Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy) are set to be released along with the game on May 29. (Also, the rumor includes Greninja and Jigglypuff which are releasing as part of Wave 5 of the Smash amiibo series)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...igglypuff_and_splatoon_amiibo_for_may_release

Now this is just a rumor, but if it's true, what could it mean? Obviously Splatoon is getting amiibo compatibility, but could they also be planning a DLC release of the Inkling for Smash and timing the release of Splatoon, the amiibo, AND the Smash DLC all at the same time? Granted this is too much wishful thinking, but considering how heavily Nintendo is pushing Splatoon, I wouldn't rule it out.

We'll have to wait for the next Direct, I guess.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
@ Jave Jave OHMYGAWD Yes! I love amiibo, and can't wait for splatoon.

Oh.... I fully support this, definitely my # 1 most wanted character, can you add me to the list of supporters?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I fully support the Inklings. Splatoon itself looks really fun and Nintendo is really pushing it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Look! An actual thing to give us room for speculation!

So the current rumor is that Splatoon is getting amiibo support, and two Splatoon amiibo (Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy) are set to be released along with the game on May 29. (Also, the rumor includes Greninja and Jigglypuff which are releasing as part of Wave 5 of the Smash amiibo series)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...igglypuff_and_splatoon_amiibo_for_may_release

Now this is just a rumor, but if it's true, what could it mean? Obviously Splatoon is getting amiibo compatibility, but could they also be planning a DLC release of the Inkling for Smash and timing the release of Splatoon, the amiibo, AND the Smash DLC all at the same time? Granted this is too much wishful thinking, but considering how heavily Nintendo is pushing Splatoon, I wouldn't rule it out.

We'll have to wait for the next Direct, I guess.
I really hope Splatoon is amiibo compatible. Having Inkling amiibos, and being able to use some of the amibos I've gotten for use of the game would be fantastic!

Not to mention splatoon amiibo increases chance for them to be in smash.

I honestly can't wait for the next nintendo direct. So much to be revealed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont think its too much of a stretch for spaltoon to have amiibo support and im sure we'll get another direct soon so i doubt we'll have to wait to long to find out

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I on the list of supporters?

These guys NEED to be Nintendo's next big thing. So so so cool.

I'll take the Orange Inkling as main rep, with the others as her alts. It'd be so cool.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
at first, was'nt too excited about the game and theses littles guys...
but after many screens/ trailer/ gamepaly.... COUNT ME IN!!
i'm a proud supporter of K.ROOL and...Inklings

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
My guess is that u can store Ur name, load out and clothes on the amiibo. Then if u go to a friends house or tournament, u can quickly access Ur load out. Then, take it home, and whatever coins u earned from playing somewhere else will also go to Ur wii u..
And it unlocks inkling in smash 4

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'd like to be added to the support list. We could potentially have the most innovative character if an Inkling were to be added.

Top Bottom