• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
When you mentioned the flurry kiss you made me think of something..
What about, like, if Paper Mario's special moves or whatever it may be, brings out one of his buddies (Goombella, Koops, Flurrie, etc.) to do an attack and then disappears or what not. Or something along those lines. Have you though about something like this? Or does this fall into the category of "too much for 3DS limitations?"

Also , I only said Mr. G&W because of how he was flat. There's not much else to say really. I mean the main thing to point out in the game is that they would be both flat at all times.

And to clarify the power ups and items are what makes mario stronger right? I dont know really anout the items but the power-ups can be alternate specials (Super Jump Charge Up-B, Power Hammer, etc.) I don't know, it's just an idea (: *shrugs*
like I said above, you just can have a lot of way to see it, but all of them bring the same versatility concept.

Really. You CAN do that (altough, this is where I would want to be a bit more....spicy with switchable partners). OR, you can do it but having like the megamario`s moveset, another thing. See, you will end up having a versatile set, but you kinda need something to bring more maintenance. Because so far, it is the most representative playstyle I saw. You could just have these moves with nothing much else, but that would not be enough imo. I think it has to have something that just stands out more and switchable partners is an example, but a bout the limitations....many will disagree, but i don't think it's a problem. The reason is simply that you load one partner at a time....in fact let me get this even better, one MOVE at a time. You don`t spawn a whole character you jsut load animation for a move. Now, you could wither go crazy like me and just make the classic down b with some UI, but you could just leave them as that and have leave them switchable for customs. There's another idea which could involve switchable set which is less complicated, but less versatile too.

Basically, just try qhat you think is better. Just make sure the playstyle i said kinda matches with him. You could try badges....that's actually not something much tried in the movesets, but I think it's doable with thinking.

and EVEN then, he actually won`t even be flat at all time. his stylish involves folding while spinning, ultra hammer and spring jump is idem and many, many more. View them as being on flatter, but not the same way.....look, I saw brawl hack of G&W of Paper Mario....totally irrelevant.

Ok, l,et me clarify for me what is power up, items and badges becuase I'm

power up = a permanent upgrade you get in a game. for example, super boots or ultra hamm.....ah geez I hate this chest....anyway. Partner would kinda be powerup....but partners is a bit more valid.

items = depends if you meant key or normal....mostly you meant the normal because unless you make it want to make the other game over with the ghost diary.....hey, that`s a good idea :) just kidding. The normal items are one time use like fire flower or thunder bolt. I actually used the later in my up throw with thoreau throwing upwards and Paper mario putting the thunderbolt int he air. They definetely have potential for movesets....but don`t use them too much because some of these are....a bit b oring with how they are common with mario too. See, you CAN make him a clone, there`s just no point. Megamario`s moveset uses the honey sirup in a very interesting way,.....you should check it.

The badges are litterally the badges. They are not power up and not items, but they are equipable with limitations.....again maintenances. now, the most common way to use them is to simply have specific one assigned for certain attacks. The most classic is having the normal hammer for jabs, the power smash for the side, the quake for the down and the hammer throw for the up. Some came with very original stuff for the smash, but to keep the hammer as smashes maskes sense.

Now, I have yet to see someone using the badges in a modular way. I really think it`s possible, but hard to implement.

So, with this out of the way....what do you mean makes stronger?

Because the power up do that, but not the items and the badges is really a way to give him derrivated attacks at the drawback of being limited.

also, I love how you really screwed up the naming....:)

btw, consider that spm exists and the Pixl are included too, but most ofd the time, they are used as attack animation....and imo it makes sense.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
like I said above, you just can have a lot of way to see it, but all of them bring the same versatility concept.

Really. You CAN do that (altough, this is where I would want to be a bit more....spicy with switchable partners). OR, you can do it but having like the megamario`s moveset, another thing. See, you will end up having a versatile set, but you kinda need something to bring more maintenance. Because so far, it is the most representative playstyle I saw. You could just have these moves with nothing much else, but that would not be enough imo. I think it has to have something that just stands out more and switchable partners is an example, but a bout the limitations....many will disagree, but i don't think it's a problem. The reason is simply that you load one partner at a time....in fact let me get this even better, one MOVE at a time. You don`t spawn a whole character you jsut load animation for a move. Now, you could wither go crazy like me and just make the classic down b with some UI, but you could just leave them as that and have leave them switchable for customs. There's another idea which could involve switchable set which is less complicated, but less versatile too.

Basically, just try qhat you think is better. Just make sure the playstyle i said kinda matches with him. You could try badges....that's actually not something much tried in the movesets, but I think it's doable with thinking.

and EVEN then, he actually won`t even be flat at all time. his stylish involves folding while spinning, ultra hammer and spring jump is idem and many, many more. View them as being on flatter, but not the same way.....look, I saw brawl hack of G&W of Paper Mario....totally irrelevant.

Ok, l,et me clarify for me what is power up, items and badges becuase I'm

power up = a permanent upgrade you get in a game. for example, super boots or ultra hamm.....ah geez I hate this chest....anyway. Partner would kinda be powerup....but partners is a bit more valid.

items = depends if you meant key or normal....mostly you meant the normal because unless you make it want to make the other game over with the ghost diary.....hey, that`s a good idea :) just kidding. The normal items are one time use like fire flower or thunder bolt. I actually used the later in my up throw with thoreau throwing upwards and Paper mario putting the thunderbolt int he air. They definetely have potential for movesets....but don`t use them too much because some of these are....a bit b oring with how they are common with mario too. See, you CAN make him a clone, there`s just no point. Megamario`s moveset uses the honey sirup in a very interesting way,.....you should check it.

The badges are litterally the badges. They are not power up and not items, but they are equipable with limitations.....again maintenances. now, the most common way to use them is to simply have specific one assigned for certain attacks. The most classic is having the normal hammer for jabs, the power smash for the side, the quake for the down and the hammer throw for the up. Some came with very original stuff for the smash, but to keep the hammer as smashes maskes sense.

Now, I have yet to see someone using the badges in a modular way. I really think it`s possible, but hard to implement.

So, with this out of the way....what do you mean makes stronger?

Because the power up do that, but not the items and the badges is really a way to give him derrivated attacks at the drawback of being limited.

also, I love how you really screwed up the naming....:)

btw, consider that spm exists and the Pixl are included too, but most ofd the time, they are used as attack animation....and imo it makes sense.
Wouldnt it just be easier if there were no 3DS limitations so we can have 3 of his buddies like pkmn trainer, but have out one at a time like ice climbers?..oh well. and Um we don't need more clones, thank you very much. So you're right there is no point (:

Yeahyeahyeah, when I meant items I meant normal items like thunderbolt etc.

Now, when I said power ups I meant things like the power smash and quake hammer and that makes him stronger (really its the hammer that's stronger I guess) but I was wrong obviously

I do like the badges, and I remember that there were only so many I can have because there were limits to how many you can have and what not.
I'll definitely take into consideration by what you said about his moveset and partners. I mean who knows maybe they're planning his moveset as we speak!...pls lol

And yes I did screw up the naming XD So thank you for clarifying thos three things. well I haven't played it in over a year so I forgot about how they were differentiated. i stopped Mainly because I couldn't beat shadow queen peach because my star power level wasnt high enough also the FP and health blah blah blah. I've actually wanted to try it again, as soon as my friend gives it back! :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wouldnt it just be easier if there were no 3DS limitations so we can have 3 of his buddies like pkmn trainer, but have out one at a time like ice climbers?..oh well. and Um we don't need more clones, thank you very much. So you're right there is no point (:

Yeahyeahyeah, when I meant items I meant normal items like thunderbolt etc.

Now, when I said power ups I meant things like the power smash and quake hammer and that makes him stronger (really its the hammer that's stronger I guess) but I was wrong obviously

I do like the badges, and I remember that there were only so many I can have because there were limits to how many you can have and what not.
I'll definitely take into consideration by what you said about his moveset and partners. I mean who knows maybe they're planning his moveset as we speak!...pls lol

And yes I did screw up the naming XD So thank you for clarifying thos three things. well I haven't played it in over a year so I forgot about how they were differentiated. i stopped Mainly because I couldn't beat shadow queen peach because my star power level wasnt high enough also the FP and health blah blah blah. I've actually wanted to try it again, as soon as my friend gives it back! :p
I'm going to answer to shadow queen quickly, FLOWER SAVER IS OP!!!!

I`m serious, I ended up with like so much moves that I really found the fight easy and that was done twice.

honeslty, I even think the 3 partners for loading moves is not even going to be a problem and many will disagree, but I really do. The limitations is having multiple CHARACTERS on screen. You don`t here since you lead moves and bg stuff....i really think it`s fine considering it was for rosalina.

the hammers power up are super hammer and.....UGH THAT ULTRA HAMMER, I HATE THAT CHEST SO MUCH!!!!!....sorry, got carried here, but gosh I hate that chest. The badges is the power, quake, throw, piercing blow etc.... For these, just go on mario wiki, it doesn`t hurt.

Also, I just forgot yo tell you but some ideas are woth mentioning.

Tattle are really the perfect codec idea. There`s just no question with even a dedicated section in the OP.....you can play with these if you want.

Final smash are mostly the star spirit or the crystal star. Imo, the best is art attack, but i once wrote a concept for time out....good one too. Though, I just don`t like supernova because it`s just mashing.....that`s a bit boring comparing to art attack or time out which would be a mashing war. eath tremor.....that seems kinda better however. just try to not go for the star beam because....well it`s just a beam....It`s fine, but not enough imo.

Some do uses the partners for fixed moves, but I would put pixl too here.

And there is others idea out there. @ PixelPasta PixelPasta moveset features a grab when Paper Mario would crumple the foe....really found that orignal even though i like thoreau more, that`s definetely a good idea.

And really, this is Paper Mario. Feel free to have silly and gorgeous stuff because that`s exactly how he should feel :)

maybe you could make a moveset.....i actually do put them in the OP.....though, you should post these on the group first then here if you want.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm glad you like my grab idea!
It's a good thing you tagged me to, because it reminded me that I have a new Paper Mairo moveset to post. Usually this would be my number-one place to post it, but for some reason it slipped my mind!
I posted this on Gamefaqs a few days ago, so some of you may have seen it already.
Listen to this for full effect.

Neutral Special: Partner Swap (Paper Mario)
Paper Mario cycles through his partners form the original Paper Mario. Starting with Goombario, he cycles through Kooper, Bombette, Parakarry, Lady Bow, Watt, Sushie, Lakilester, and then back to Goombario. The partner follows close behind Paper Mario and can perform a unique Side Special. If they are damaged enough, they will die, and Paper Mario will be unable to select them until his next stock.
Custom Variation 1: Partner Swap (Thousand Year Door)
Same as above, but with Goombella, Koops, Flurrie, Yoshi, Vivian, Bobbery and Mrs. Mowz.
Custom Variation 2: Partner Swap (Super Paper Mario)
Same as above, but with Thoreau, Boomer, Thudley, Carrie, Fleep. Cudge, and Barry.

Side Special: Partner Ability
The selected partner performs their unique ability. The abilities will be explained below.
Custom Variation 1: Speedy Ability
The ability is 0.75x weaker, but much faster.
Custom Variation 2: Strong Ability
The ability is 1.25x stronger, but much slower.
The Partner's Abilities:
Goombario
: Headbonk (Goombario jumps forward and slams head-first into the opponent. 7%)
Kooper: Shell Toss (Paper Mario kicks Kooper forward in his shell. This deals 5% damage, and can grab items).
Bombette: Bomb (Bombette walks forward and blows up. 9%)
Parakarry: Air Lift (Parakarry swoops downward and grabs a nearby opponent, leaving them prone to Paper Mario's attacks. They can escape this grab by mashing buttons.)
Lady Bow: Spook (Bow makes a scary face that causes nearby opponents to be momentarily stunned.)
Watt: Electro Dash (Watt charges forward, dealing 4% electric damage to opponents in his path. This ignores shields)
Sushie: Squirt (Sushie squirts a stream of water forward. Behaves like Mario's FLUDD.)
Lakilester: Spiny Flip (Lakilester tosses a spiny egg forward. Behaves sort of like Yoshi's Egg Throw. 6%)
~~~
Goombella: Same as Goombario's.
Koops: Same as Kooper's.
Flurrie: Gale Force (Flurrie blows a gust of wind forward that pushes players and items away.)
Yoshi: Gulp (Swallows an opponent and immediately spits them out. 9%)
Vivian: Fiery Jinx (Shoots a flame projectile, not unlike PK Fire.)
Bobbery: Same as Bombette.
Ms. Mowz: Smooch (Heals Paper Mario 10%. 30 second cooldown.)
~~~
Thoreau: Grabs the opponent and brings them closer to Paper Mario.
Boomer: Becomes a bomb that Paper Mario throw. 7%
Slim: Allows Paper Mario to turn paper thin to dodge attacks.
Thudley: Slams the ground in front of him to bury foes. 8%
Carrie: Paper Mario jumps on Carrie's back. The two perform a quick dashing attack that behaves like Fox Illusion.
Fleep: Flips opponents around and reflects projectiles, similar to Mario's Cape.
Cudge: Cudge becomes a giant hammer and slams in front of Paper Mario. 9%
Barry: Barry forms a barrier around Mario that blocks opponents' attacks.

Up Special: Spring Jump (Thousand Year Door)
Paper Mario coils up for 2.5 seconds before springing vertically into the air. Anybody hit on the way up will be damage (6%).
Custom Variation 1: Paper Airplane (Thousand Year Door)
Paper Mario folds up into a paper airplane, and can glide freely for about 3.5 seconds. Deals no damage.
Custom Variation 2: Hopslipper (Sticker Star)
Paper Mario uses the Hopslipper from Sticker Star. He bounces high into the air before stomping down hard. He can stomp on an opponent up to five times, 5% per stomp.

Down Special: Superguard (Thousand Year Door)
Paper Mario assumes a battle-ready stance, for as long as the button is held. If somebody attacks Paper Mario in this state, he will retaliate by spinning around. This deals 7% and knocks opponents far away.
Custom Variation 1: Flip (Super Paper Mario)
Paper Mario uses his dimension-flipping skill from Super Paper Mario. This flips opponents behind him, and can re-direct projectiles around him.
Custom Variation 2: Clone (Paper Jam)

Paper Mario creates a clone of himself. The clone stands next to him and mimics his attacks, essentially boosting the damage Paper Mario deals. He can have up to two clones at a time, and there is a 15 second cooldown between creating clones. Getting damaged could cause a clone to die.

Final Smash: Star Beam (Paper Mario)
This special attack is form the original Paper Mario. The seven Star Spirits appear and shoot a massive beam of light at the stage. Anybody who touches this beam with receive upwards of 30% and will likely be KOd.

Jab: A three hit combo with his hammer. 2%, 3%, then 5%.
F-Tilt: Thrusts his hammer forward. 7%
U-Tilt: Swings his hammer upward. 6%
D-Tilt: Thumps the ground with his hammer in his iconic style. 8% (Paper Mario)
Dash: Performs the dashing spin attack from the original Paper Mario. 4% (Paper Mario)

N-Air: Performs the flutter from Paper Jam. Mario flaps his arms, hitting on either side. 5% (Paper Jam)
F-Air: Swings his hammer in front of him. 7%
B-Air: Swivels back and hits with his hammer. 6%
U-Air: Performs a 'stylish' pose from TTYD in the air. 8%. (Thousand Year Door)
D-Air: Performs the Ground Pound attack from TTYD. 9%. (Thousand Year Door)

F-Smash: Super Hammer - readies his hammer, twists back, and releases a devastating spinning hammer attack. 14% (Thousand Year Door)
U-Smash: Hammer Throw - tosses his hammer above him and then catches it. 11% (Paper Mario)
D-Smash: Quake Hammer - strongly slams his hammer on the ground, creating a tremor that buries opponents. 13% (Paper Mario)

Grab: Kersti appears and stickerizes the opponent (they become papery). (Sticker Star)
Pummel: Mario crumples up the stickerized opponent. 2% per crumple.
F-Throw: Tosses the crumpled paper forward. 7%
B-Throw: Discards the crumpled paper over his shoulder. 8%
U-Throw: Folds the paper into an airplane and throws it in the air. 10%
D-Throw: Tosses the paper on the ground and stamps on it twice. 9%
After the opponent is thrown, they become un-stickerized.

Palette Swaps:
Default Appearance
L Emblem (Luigi's Clothes)
W Emblem (Wario's Clothes)
L & W Emblem (Waluigi's Clothes)
Fire Mario
Ice Mario
Retro Mario (8-bit color scheme)
Shadow Mario (Thousand Year Door, chapter 4)

Taunts/Other Animations:
Stage Entrance: Flies in as a paper airplane. (Thousand Year Door)
Taunt 1: Faces the screen and gives a thumbs up. (Thousand Year Door)
Taunt 2: Does his 'Appeal' animation. (Thousand Year Door)
Taunt 3: Curls into a paper tube, then back to normal. (Thousand Year Door)
Idle 1: Thinks about his next move. (Paper Mario)
Idle 2: Adjusts his hat. (Paper Jam)
Victory Pose: Closes his eyes and wags his finger at the screen. (Paper Mario)
Victory Pose 2: Adjusts his hat and does the peace symbol. (Thousand Year Door)
Victory Pose 3: This animation. (Paper Jam)
Losing Pose: Tries to run away but falls flat on his face like this. (Thousand Year Door)

Other Info:
Victory Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mdpDdwNRUg (Paper Mario)
Series Emblem: Hammer
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets a Mario Hat, and becomes papery.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I rather not have the Partner mechanic, just focus on the unique paper aspects of the character and the main weapons he uses.
That covers enough to make a very unique character.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice

Well I just posted a thread with a bunch of pictures like this, so we can use this as a support icon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Holy crap, never expected that much in a day :)

The thread only got revived yesterday.

Well, let me see that set:

I'm glad you like my grab idea!
It's a good thing you tagged me to, because it reminded me that I have a new Paper Mairo moveset to post. Usually this would be my number-one place to post it, but for some reason it slipped my mind!
I posted this on Gamefaqs a few days ago, so some of you may have seen it already.
Listen to this for full effect.

Neutral Special: Partner Swap
Paper Mario cycles through his partners form the original Paper Mario. Starting with Goombario, he cycles through Kooper, Bombette, Parakarry, Lady Bow, Watt, Sushie, Lakilester, and then back to Goombario. The partner follows close behind Mario and can perform a unique Side Special. If they are damaged enough, they will die, and Mario will be unable to select them until his next stock.
Custom Variation 1: Partner Swap (TTYD)
Same as above, but with Goombella, Koops, Flurrie, Yoshi, Vivian, Bobbery and Mrs. Mowz.
Custom Variation 2: Partner Swap (SPM)
Same as above, but with Thoreau, Boomer, Thudley, Carrie, Fleep. Cudge, and Barry.

Side Special: Partner Ability
The selected partner performs their unique ability. The abilities will be explained below.
Custom Variation 1: Speedy Ability
The ability is 0.75x weaker, but much faster.
Custom Variation 2: Strong Ability
The ability is 1.25x stronger, but much slower.
The Partner's Abilities:
Goombario
: Headbonk (Goombario jumps forward and slams head-first into the opponent. 7%)
Kooper: Shell Toss (Mario kicks Kooper forward in his shell. This deals 5% damage, and can grab items).
Bombette: Bomb (Bombette walks forward and blows up. 9%)
Parakarry: Air Lift (Parakarry swoops downward and grabs a nearby opponent, leaving them prone to Mario's attacks. They can escape this grab by mashing buttons.)
Lady Bow: Spook (Bow makes a scary face that causes nearby opponents to be momentarily stunned.)
Watt: Electro Dash (Watt charges forward, dealing 4% electric damage to opponents in his path. This ignores shields)
Sushie: Squirt (Sushie squirts a stream of water forward. Behaves like Mario's FLUDD.)
Lakilester: Spiny Flip (Lakilester tosses a spiny egg forward. Behaves sort of like Yoshi's Egg Throw. 6%)
~~~
Goombella: Same as Goombario's.
Koops: Same as Kooper's.
Flurrie: Gale Force (Flurrie blows a gust of wind forward that pushes players and items away.)
Yoshi: Gulp (Swallows an opponent and immediately spits them out. 9%)
Vivian: Fiery Jinx (Shoots a flame projectile, not unlike PK Fire.)
Bobbery: Same as Bombette.
Ms. Mowz: Smooch (Heals Mario 10%. 30 second cooldown.)
~~~
Thoreau: Grabs the opponent and brings them closer to Mario.
Boomer: Becomes a throwable bomb that Mario can use. 7%
Slim: Allows Mario to turn paper thin to dodge attacks.
Thudley: Slams the ground in front of him to bury foes. 8%
Carrie: Mario jumps on Carrie's back. The two perform a quick dashing attack that behaves like Fox Illusion.
Fleep: Flips opponents around and reflects projectiles, similar to Mario's Cape.
Cudge: Cudge becomes a giant hammer and slams in front of Mario. 9%
Barry: Barry forms a barrier around Mario that blocks opponents' attacks.

Up Special: Spring Jump
Paper Mario coils up for 2.5 seconds before springing vertically into the air. Anybody hit on the way up will be damage (6%).
Custom Variation 1: Paper Airplane
Paper Mario folds up into a paper airplane, and can glide freely for about 3.5 seconds. No damage.
Custom Variation 2: Hopslipper
Paper Mario uses the Hopslipper from Sticker Star. He bounces high into the air before stomping down hard. He can stomp on an opponent up to five times, 5% per stomp.

Down Special: Superguard
Paper Mario assumes a battle-ready stance, for as long as the button is held. If somebody attacks Mario in this state, he will retaliate by spinning around. This deals 7% and knocks opponents far away.
Custom Variation 1: Paper Mode
Paper Mario turns paper thin for two seconds, allowing him to dodge opponents' attacks and projectiles.
Custom Variation 2: Flip
Paper Mario uses his dimension-flipping skill from SPM. This flips opponents behind him, and can re-direct projectiles around him.

Final Smash: Star Beam
This special attack is form the original Paper Mario. The seven Star Spirits appear and shoot a massive beam of light at the stage. Anybody who touches this beam with receive upwards of 30% and will likely be KOd.

Jab: A three hit combo with his hammer. 2%, 3%, then 5%.
F-Tilt: Thrusts his hammer forward. 7%
U-Tilt: Swings his hammer upward. 6%
D-Tilt: Thumps the ground with his hammer. 8%
Dash: Performs the dashing Spin Attack from the original Paper Mario. 4%

N-Air: Twirls around with his hammer extended. 6%, hits either side.
F-Air: Swings his hammer in front of him. 7%
B-Air: Swivels back and hits with his hammer. 6%
U-Air: Lifts his hammer above him and spins it around. 8%.
D-Air: Performs the Ground Pound attack from TTYD. 9%.

F-Smash: Power Smash - performs his iconic 'four beeps' hammer slam. 14%
U-Smash: Hammer Throw - tosses his hammer above him and then catches it. 11%
D-Smash: Quake Hammer - strongly slams his hammer on the ground, creating a tremor that buries opponents. 13%

Grab: Kersti appears and stickerizes the opponent (they become papery).
Pummel: Mario crumples up the stickerized opponent. 2% per crumple.
F-Throw: Tosses the crumpled paper forward. 7%
B-Throw: Discards the crumpled paper over his shoulder. 8%
U-Throw: Folds the paper into an airplane and throws it in the air. 10%
D-Throw: Tosses the paper on the ground and stamps on it twice. 9%
After the opponent is thrown, they become un-stickerized.

Palette Swaps:
Default Appearance
L Emblem (Luigi's Clothes)
W Emblem (Wario's Clothes)
L & W Emblem (Waluigi's Clothes)
Fire Mario
Ice Mario
Retro Mario (8-bit color scheme)
Shadow Mario (from TTYD, Chapter 4)

Taunts/Other Animations:
Taunt 1: Faces the screen and gives a thumbs up.
Taunt 2: Does his 'Appeal' animation.
Taunt 3: Curls into a paper tube, then back to normal.
Stage Entrance: Flies in as a paper airplane.
Victory Pose: Closes his eyes and wags his finger at the screen.
Victory Pose 2: Adjusts his hat and does the peace symbol.
Losing Pose: Politely claps for the winners.

Other Info:
Victory Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mdpDdwNRUg
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets a Mario Hat, and becomes papery.

What do you think? I aimed to incorporate element from all of the Paper Mario games in various parts of the moveset:
-Tilts and Aerials use his main weapon, the hammer
-Neutral Special and Side Special have the partner system, featuring the partners form the first three games
-Up Special utilizes some of the paper abilities from TTYD (spring jump, paper airplane)
-Down Special has some in-battle technique (guarding) as well as the core mechanic form SPM (flipping)
-Final Smash is a special superattack from the original Paper Mario (not to mention it is plot-significant, with the star spirits and whatnot)
-Smashes use a few badges (power smash, hammer throw, and quake hammer)
-Grabs and throws involve Sticker Stars main mechanic, stickerizing.
I think there`s good thing AND stuff to ehance in the set, mainly the implementation.

First, I think you slightly overkilled the partners because the jabs and aerials....are rather redundant. Especially the aerials and the tilts. The down aerial and dash are of course fine, but I just think that the hammer is a bit too mcuh used in a way that I don`t see why. You could pur the stylish as aerials, but the main problem is you couldn`t do much with the tilts because you pretty much used every partners. It may have ended up some sticker star stuff, but I just think it could be much better there. Otherwise, normals are fine.

Grabs is pretty much what I said earlier, very original as always and Kersti finally has a use now (I think it`s the best one I saw so far :) ).

Smashes are the classic, simple yet it just works.

But the special....I do have problems with the implementation unfortunately. Why using cudge while he has already an hammer in the jabs? Couldn`t you slightly chnages the property of similar partners? (actually, someone did that so bomb ette was slightly different than bobbery). And flurrie really feels quite similar to sushie....there`s just stuff like this that I think it got overkill with what you tried. This is hard to implement, I know, but that does imply it just needs a bit more effort to do so. One thing I will praise is how simple the customs are....3 customs set one for each games....that just makes sense. It just means that you have to have other stuff for other moves.....

And there lies the problem, most of the set shines in the specilas and anywhere else except the grabs....it`s just redundant. What I mean is you should have found more diversity in these normal moves and aerials and ttrust me, it`s really possible, but a bit difficult considering you centralised the partners. Though, if I tried I would put the super hammer folding combo in the jabs, the backflip stylish as up tilt, then....I`m honestly short on ideas because I would normally put the Pixl here.

As for the final smash....read the comment above. it`s not a bad idea, I just think it`s just a beam.....I would prefer better, but anyway.

Overall, it`s a great set, but I think you should make the set more diverse on every moves rather than making 90% of it in the specials. You do mostly shines in the special, but not preventing the normal for being

will add to OP, but you already have a set that if I remember correctly, I think I liked it better. Do you want that I post this one separate or replace? (please, don`t replace.....)

I rather not have the Partner mechanic, just focus on the unique paper aspects of the character and the main weapons he uses.
That covers enough to make a very unique character.
I HIGHLY disagree. I just cannot imagine it without the partners, but does it need a mechanic? That`s actually up to you, but again, should it have any mechanic whatsoever? Then I`m tended to say yes, but again, if you don`t want it to have the partners well that's up to you. I just think the partners are a good representation of the versatile but needs maintenance idea. You need a general idea called playstyle to make the HOW, the moves or the WHAT will come after this, you can't just put moves he can do and call it a day. The abilities is actully not even a major part of its set. The major one are in order of potential partners, hammers, badges, power up and items. What this means is I would EXPECT to see pasrtners in any way (so you can choose to have fixed moves like the thoreauy grab),m but I don`t expect to have only power up and items. Sure, it's doable, I just don't think it's enough. to me, partners are improtant enough to be something quite important to have, the implementation is up to you though.

Well I just posted a thread with a bunch of pictures like this, so we can use this as a support icon!
Definetely going to add this in the sig icons section in the OP, thanks (going to credit you on this one because it might have taken some time for you to do it as well as thread link :) ).

Well, TYhe thread just got revived yesterday....that's honestly super unusual to have that much comments....it wasn't the case when it oppened up again.....

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The partner thing is also a pretty generic idea, it's brought with every RPG Nintendo character that's discussed.
It just doesn't work for me. If were going rely on RPG aspects, I'd personally think it would be generic, basically ignoring what makes Paper Mario stand-out from others.
Use the forms PM takes such as the paper airplane, the the roller form, and the other paper forms I can't recall, that's his key aspect IMO.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The partner thing is also a pretty generic idea, it's brought with every RPG Nintendo character that's discussed.
It just doesn't work for me. If were going rely on RPG aspects, I'd personally think it would be generic, basically ignoring what makes Paper Mario stand-out from others.
Use the forms PM takes such as the paper airplane, the the roller form, and the other paper forms I can't recall, that's his key aspect IMO.
.....here`s the problem: it's still never means that you will never put the partners.

Look, I feel you should read the movesets afain because I think you don't see the point.

it's so easy to have these and the partners that I still never see the point of cutting them FOR that.

Look, if you want to ENTIRELY do a moveset on these power ups, you will run into trouble pretty quickly and it just won't feel natural. I indeed used the paper airplane, in my set, but you could have put spring jump or both via customs. You could put a recovery with parakarry and for the tube, it`s pretty much the roll. For the paper mode, sidestep is the best. For the boat, I mostly see the swimm.

Look, I don't think you realise that there's going to be a problem.

If you still don't get it, I suggest you try because I really don't think it's something that would feel natural.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I know you mentioned earlier about Earth Tremor and Art Attack for a final smas but what about the other crystal stars? And is there something other than Crystal Stars that he can use as a FS?

Also I really like the palette swaps mentioned above because of the many costumes he has. I really like shadow mario (I loved that part of the game, but, I also want to se a Dooplis inspired costume for some reason :) maybe even one of the shadow sirens..

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I know you mentioned earlier about Earth Tremor and Art Attack for a final smas but what about the other crystal stars? And is there something other than Crystal Stars that he can use as a FS?

Also I really like the palette swaps mentioned above because of the many costumes he has. I really like shadow mario (I loved that part of the game, but, I also want to se a Dooplis inspired costume for some reason :) maybe even one of the shadow sirens..
I just think the one color.....is going to be a bit weird to the eyes :)

as for the crystal stars....well, there's ideas, it`s just that you kinda have to modify them to have less boring one.

Both treat is just healing....not much can be done.

Earth tremor can be good because the input....isn`t much simple. I actually myself misses the last one quite a lot and it's just funny because in smash, it can be awesome.

Power lift is an idea, but doesn't mean you can attack the others much easilly, it's juat a big buff.

Art attack is really the best :)

Showstopper feels way too random and OP. I know it's OHKO which makes sense, but the problem is it's just that. the input are super easy even.

Time out, you can do really good stuff.

Supernova is jsut a huge blow. You just mash and it's easy to get it.....not much.

But pm64.....well unless you consider the boring star beam and star storm, there might be stuff, but they do no input. Like putting everyone asleep....but honestly, pm64 doesn`t have much.

HOWEVER, there`s other ideas then the crystal stars. I saw someone which did a cs with like a battle that would start like TTYD with the message you struck first and it would blast the foe. You could go that way. In fact, there's probably other ideas, but art attack feels it's the best so far.

I'll have the hammer involved, it's not entirely. :p
(This a quick response PS.)
(I'll respond later)
even there....I still don't see the ppoint to intentionally cut any of them.....

I just want that you get that he doesn`t stand out msotly because of these. He stands out with its design and the way the animation is done. Not only the stylish! is a great example, but other simple stuff like just the hammer reflects it too. The partners is really something that plays a big part into it and I just don`t see the point of not even considering it because it sounds.....generic.

This is like me arguing that hammer is a generic weapon compared to like the key of G&W.....you kinda have to use the hammer.....

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Then again, when I played through the original Paper Mario, there was lots of heavy use of partners. (I'm only in Chapter 2)
Maybe it's not farfetched of an idea as I would think.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Then again, when I played through the original Paper Mario, there was lots of heavy use of partners. (I'm only in Chapter 2)
Maybe it's not farfetched of an idea as I would think.
ah, that's why!

I actually should recap some of the stuff the series loves to do.

Basically, prologue is just what it sounds, but ch1 is ALWAYS a sort of a hidden tutorial. They like try to make you feel how the game works after the most basic tutorial, but it's still a tutorial in the end. You're far from getting the most of the game, but you get what it should feel like from the basic. This is pretty much where you'll find if you like or not.

The reason it's hidden is really because it's still a whole ch. It's just quite simple for example, they always have a grassy area with a remix of the main mario theme and a dungeon towards the end. That's like a sort of convention that became a sort of a staple, but it's awesome to have a tutorial without even feeling like it is.

Which brings me to my next thing, the game only becomes to start to feel much closer to what you'll get at ch2. This is where you really start to get sserious in variety and pretty much the usual stuff from the series. However and do not ask why, the games get the peak at like ch3-4, I don't know why, but ch3 just happens to be where the best or one of the b est ch in the series are.

So, I kinda have to say that at least beat one game because there is a lot on the partners. It just is quite a big part of him and it's hard to cut them entirely like it is to cut entirely the hammer.

Actually and this is by no way offensive, but I'm going to tell you the truth: most of the people I saw that brings up the another mario or other arguments that.....just feels weird considering the character did not or didn't wanted to play any paper Mario game. I honestly think that I could do a lot after I played both pm64 and TTYD, but when i played spm, I learned a lot and I realised that it's even better potential than I expected.

So, I suggest you actually try to beat pm64. TTYD is kinda the same game, but way more polished and spm....is not actually breaking much from TTYD, it just changes the implementation, but please.....this game is quite underrated imo.

Well seeing how they put out Toon Link. Why not?
euh.....not really.

I actually wrote a whole paragraph on this in the OP, but this isn't the same case.

The only thing their case have in common is they are both factually an alternate version of a character. This is a fact and should never be denied.

But that's pretty much it.

Toon link also shares the exact same abilities as lionk because toon link is actually the same person in the same context with the same implementation as link. This makes sense cause when you think ab out it, wind waker is a big zelda world shrunk and more brightness (YAY!!!!). It's mostly the srtstyle that changes only, but because the game is still the same series as link, it really is reflecting this in its moves. You could try to have the most unique set but you're restrained to the one of link which is to use lots of items and gears to attack. The only thing is that this playstyle is a DERIVATION, which is why it's not much of a clone, but more of a semi clone.

Paper Mario is not the same thing. This is a different series, in a differnet context (consider the mario series in another context that isn't the main one) and it's not even the same abilities. What I mean is that if this was a toon link case, it would feel natural to have his main playstyle derivated from mario, however, this is not what happened and this was tried.....MANY TIMES! The world around him not only have changed, but works completely differently than the main series. In fact, there's even less platform stuff and the RPG stuff really makes this just not a semi clone a t all.

BUT, it's worth to mention that he CAN be a semi clone. IT'S TECHNICALLY possible, but I want you to imagine it and it basically just feels awkward. He CAN do the same abilities as mario, but these are definetely not what identify him and it's quite obvious if you play his games (actually, did you?).

And the last thing, Sakurai actually has not much reasons to force him to be a semi clone as it just defeats the purpose. You would take mario, put it on flatter with the same kind of design he would have in its game (which is actually fine here), but what about the hammer? what about the animation? You just cannot have generic one and to make sense, you have to change the whole artstyle to something that is quite far from mario, enough to make the work quite more involved than you would want if you want a clone which its purpose is too make quick derivation of playstyles because of time constraints!!!!

So....no, toon link isn't why he could be in at all.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome! The thread has been revived! I want to come up with a moveset, so when I think of a full one I'll put it here.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
....I'm not sure if it's right to do this but....

Would you like that I maintain both the group and this thread equally?

Cause I feel there's less annoyance for some reasons.....
Go for it. The thread looks like it's coming back to life, considering all the nice posts these guys have been posting. I'd say it'd be worth the time to get this place back into shape for newcomers supporting this newcomer. :p

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about his pose for the game being this? It makes him look like he's looking around, like how you look around and adventure in all the Paper Mario games? I also made the different colours! You don't have to use them if you don't like tho.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What do you think about his pose for the game being this? It makes him look like he's looking around, like how you look around and adventure in all the Paper Mario games? I also made the different colours! You don't have to use them if you don't like tho.

Tbh, every artwork but the sticker star one are

However, you just forgot something: you pretty much overridden the colors instead of trying to merge them. I think in the OP I was ab le to merge them so it doesn`t look like Windows 8, but that might be more advanced to do....should be doable though.

Actually, the brawl trophy was just that, the ssb4 one is the jumping pose, but there`s just so much good one like this:

Mario-4 600.png

Or even better:

PM2_Mario 400.png

There`s even one when he has arms in air while doing a :D face :)

As for which one to choose....geez it`s hard. There`s some with or without hammer.....but I think the one without is more diversified.

So, it has to not be the idle. I only put it for the difference to be obvious (which is also why I don`t chnage it, but you get the idea).

So, we have the angry pose, the thinking pose, the looking pose, the jumping pose and the happy pose.

That`s a lot, but the jumping I think feels a bit too empty (even mario doesn`t have one).

I`m torn on the angry, looking and happy.

They both make sense. They both have expressions....but I don`t think they have the same level. the angry one is almost an idle one. The looking one is first, more cute and idk about you, but I love how he looks a bit taller....

Yeah, I guess the looking one is the best for the artwork, but there`s so much good one out there.

Also, the reason sticker star isn`t the same is simply because the artwork have way too much gradients and the outlines are way less obvious....which is a problem. In fact, this is the game where the artwork is the furthest away from the desing in game as the game uses the TTYD/SPM design.

I don`t think there`s much pm64 out there, but from what i got, they are less representative of him (and honestly, I don`t expect them to go back to this design), but it`s not really a bad choice.

And I just love how these artworks have brighter colors than the game,....it's even better :)

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree. I coloured over them in Paint.net, I don't know how to merge them. For the pose to choose, I think we should rule out the angry one because for some reason it doesn't feel right to have him angry in every selection pose. I feel like the other ones you mentioned would do better than the angry pose

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It's kinda funny how Paper Mario has widely used artwork in many free gaming, flash game websites these days, just something to ponder over. Do you guys get those types of advertisements all the time?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's kinda funny how Paper Mario has widely used artwork in many free gaming, flash game websites these days, just something to ponder over. Do you guys get those types of advertisements all the time?
I think I have to say it....I use adblock.

But before I was using it, YES I GOT THESE A LOT!!!!

But when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense with how bright he is, it`s more likely to attract your attention (and get your computer sick lol).

What is a mystery is why they don`t get it's Paper Mario not mario.....that's funny :)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Potential leak coming!:
So here's something interesting.

I just saw on Reddit an apparent Paper Mario TTYD 3DS remake.

And apparently there was a video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXTMkohLSo

But it was removed? This could very well be fake. But I'd want to see the apparent video to be sure

Edit: GameFaqs User made a GIF of the video

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Potential leak coming!:
oh wait.....

The image alone? Yeah, it seems like a fanmade fake, but a nice one.

But the video???????

THERE'S A FREAKING VIDEO!????

Ok....I must stay calm......

Because I unfortunately think it has potential.....I say unfortunate because you know how I can overhype on this.....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's been a long time since I ever came here, but yes, I'm still alive.

I still believe Paper Mario can get in someday, whether it's DLC now or Next Title.

I came back after seeing the supposed leak of Thousand Year Door 3D. I would love for this to be true, but seeing as how we have yet to see a remake of Paper Mario 64, I have that sneaking suspicion that this could be a fabrication. Here's hoping that it's real though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Friendly reminder that the old 3DS has a Youtube app and can eliminate black borders from the screen not fitting by zooming slightly.

Although this looks like the resolution is too high, comparing Sticker Star screenshots.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's been a long time since I ever came here, but yes, I'm still alive.

I still believe Paper Mario can get in someday, whether it's DLC now or Next Title.

I came back after seeing the supposed leak of Thousand Year Door 3D. I would love for this to be true, but seeing as how we have yet to see a remake of Paper Mario 64, I have that sneaking suspicion that this could be a fabrication. Here's hoping that it's real though.
Actually, it's more plausible to even see TTYD than pm64 for the simple reasons that first, they already know it's by far the most loved one AND the Iwata ask about TTYD made a big fuss. Even if Myamoto said FELT (meaning "similar experience", NOT remake), this just made a big fuss about getting a remake.

I did a more indepth post on the leak thread and I cannot say. There's stuff that seems very plausible while some seems odd. The top screen is weird with how much authentic it looks and I mean maybe TOO authentic (I could have easilly taken this same shot in dolphin), but the bottom screen shows stuff that are not the same assets as the oriignal or very altered assets without much quality loss. As for the tittle screen, I found the inner outlines odd, but notice the shadow effect when it grows? That would just be why it has shadows: 3d effect and being creative, but again, both side are possible. I just think the logo here can make or break.

Not to mention this was in a video, idk if I heard mashing because you can pass the intro scene without seeing it if you mash hard enough on A.

Anyway, I'm basiucally will research more, but I unfortunately havce to say that this isn't a dead giveaway....both sides are perfectly possible. However, if fakes, kusos to the guy, because I love this interest of this dream even if it's fake, making a fuss about it is just happiness :)

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Good news! Before when I posted the Paper Mario recoulers with a different pose, I just coloured over them. But now I figured out how to change the hue so they look better! What do you think now?

Original
TTYD L Emblem
TTYD W Emblem
TTYD L+W Emblem
Fire Mario
Ice Mario
Paper Mario 64
Super Mario NES

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Good news! Before when I posted the Paper Mario recoulers with a different pose, I just coloured over them. But now I figured out how to change the hue so they look better! What do you think now?

Original
TTYD L Emblem
TTYD W Emblem
TTYD L+W Emblem
Fire Mario
Ice Mario
Paper Mario 64
Super Mario NES
They look much more
. :awesome: But seriously, they do look better now.

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Original
TTYD L Emblem
TTYD W Emblem
TTYD L+W Emblem
Fire Mario
Ice Mario
Paper Mario 64
Super Mario NES
Geez....I will add them to the OP because wow, they are way better than mine (I won';t remove mine, but these needs to be there :) ).

Also, i got back to glitch hunting super paper mario and.....this game is just weird.

I just checked the pillar and I really think it's going to be hard to figure that game out....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just got finish remaking my "Paper Mario What If Video" :drflip:

OH REMAKE????

Well, first, don;t ask how I didn';t got any reply notification, but I thought you were reposting the video :)

Basically, much better than the old one.....it jsut miss a bit of spm.

As for the music....I already heard it and I think you should have stayed to the original or the TTYD one because the remix just don't get the same feel. It's like trying to have a fast beat music, btu simple into.....way too mcuh fast. The TTYD original one is really fast, but is more made for the dynamic you wanted to have.

And I really love the TTYD footage, but did you captured it? Cause you got very weird colors issues, maybe the capture card, but I did got that at 720p....it seemed like a gif while it's clearly not.

Other than the ommission of spm, really good one, you deserve my like, and subscribe :)

Btw, @ Creativion Creativion I added your pallete swap int he OP, but now, I just really need to split the OP into thye second post. it takes forever to query an edit so I'm thinking of mobing the moveset int he second post....is everyone ok with this?

There's just too much :)

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
As a huge Paper Mario fan. I wouldn't mind seeing Paper Mario as a playable character. I can just imagine all the cool move sets he would have. Let's hope they bring him for the next Smash bros. along with K. Rool.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I love the Paper Mario franchise in general, so I'll support this. Let's hope we can get
at today's direct.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, now, the site is stable and my emotions cooled down enough to rationally post.

Paper Mario supporters, this is now the time. This direct gave us 2 things to work with for the months of huge support following:

Paper Mario 64 now confirmed for WiiU VC REALLY early fiving the series a
recognition.

And last, but not least, we now have the opportunity to actually voice our dreams.

I never expected it to happen, but I'm going to tell you why we should still be hopefull for him right now.

First, his situation, despite not having changed in tis series actually IMPROVED! There was since the release of ssb4 a complete stage with music, full repping ont he whole series, at least 3 refferences from Nintendo marketting on social media and the most important one, polls result came. Polls from both Japan and USA shows a popularity that is still in the very requested category, thefore, he IS requested by many and so, we are not alone.

And pm64 coming soon on WiiU is now shaping this to make his case even better. I'm convinced the series is far from dead, but now, here's the deal.

This ballot will be looked into. For the very first time since the announcement, they are actually givving us the chance to tell our well cherished dreams. What this means is you must be EXTEREMELYY carefull in your request, but if you really want Paper Mario in your heart, then think about the reasons you're wanting him. You have 500 characters, that's not a lot, but this is more than enough to tell how awesome and
he would be.

And as this will make support matters, I'm announcing that from now on, I wil dedicate more my time on this site for that. I really care about Paper Mario and I think we really can go far.

So, I would ask you if you are a supporter of Paper Mario, go on this link:

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

And simply fill Paper Mario as the name, the game can be either the whole series or one of your choice. It doesn't matter because all game has his name in it.

As for reasons, this is the tricky part. Input the reasons you REALLY want him. Love the brightness? The partners possibilities? Tell it, and tell as most as you can in 500 characters. Don't rush the request, they are goibng to matter a tiny amount yes, but they will matter more than just talking here :)

Now, I will ask some stuff as I have to enforce my supports actions:

I currently am having trouble to edit the OP because it has a lot of data int he post. I was thinking about moving the movesets section on the second post. Because it is the most important section of the thread presentation, I want to ask you if you agree to this?

And another thing, with how much the supporters list increases, are you fine if I modify the format to be more line based than just one collum?

If I don't get enough resposnses, I would decide on my own, but I must ask you as we are now back together :)

Now, as I'm done with this hype speech, I must say guys that I'm back to be REALLY there now :)

So.....

WE BELIEVE IN YOU PAPER MARIO!!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If I wasn't so dead set on supporting Wolf's return to Smash(and that the poll wasn't one vote per person), I definitely would've cast my vote for the goodness that is Paper Mario. Nevertheless, it looks like a character's chances to make a Smash debut is better than ever.

Paper Mario is definitely one of those truly fantastic characters that can bring so much to the battle, with his stylish, grandstanding antics and quirky partners. I should probably mention his plethora of useful badges that alter his attacks in multiple ways, which is one of my favorite features of Paper Mario. And Crystal Star power was literally the best thing in battles(particularly the Ruby Star, gotta love that Art Attack).

If the stars actually do shine on Paper Mario and he becomes a playable character, he should be based on his TTYD self(for obvious reasons).

Top Bottom