• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Index of Important Lucas threads (READ HERE FIRST IF YOU ARE NEW)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
This is to reduce the amount of stickys neede for the Lucas forums.

Lucas FAQs and Guides

PK LOVE: The Complete Lucas FAQ by WarMachine -Pretty good Lucas FAQ. Hasn't been updated since March, though. Plus WarMachine hasn't been online since April. But it covers what you should know about Lucas.

Mother's Boys - The Lucas and Ness FAQ by Aevin- Covers both Ness and Lucas. More up-to-date than PK Love. Good if you main both Mother Kids.

Compendium of Lucas Advanced Techniques by GofG-Covers Lucas's advance techniques. It's kid tested, Mother approved. (Pun intended)

Lucas matchup discussion. by Levitas-Is updated often. Really good in giving you info about the characters you will meet in tournaments.

Good and Bad Lucas stages by ZMan-The best thread to get info about Lucas's stages. It really needs more contribution, though.

Lucas' weekly character matchup discussion thread by BlackBelt- Getting more info about fighting curtain characters.

Utilizing Items - Lucas Style by Tyr_03- If happen to be going to Evo this year and plan to play as Lucas, I recommend reading this.
Though I don't recommend going to Evo for Brawl this year though, lol.

ZMan's Super Cool Lucas Q&A thread by ZMan- ****ING PAY ATTENTION TO MY THREADS!!!!!!!111!

Lucas Player's Guide by Tyr_03-The Lucas board equivalent of PK Cross.

Lucas Character Specific Counter-pick disscussion by ZMan- Knowing what to CP in tournament play against certain characters.

Lucas AT guide by YoshiKirby- Pretty dope check it out.

Brawl+ Lucas Thread by lil cj- Lucas= 2 manly for u.

100 Lucas Tricks by Levitas- Some random **** you should use in battle.

ZAP CANNON: A video Lucas guide by ToxiCrow- Think art of link but cooler.

Lucas Doubles Discussion by heytallman- You need a better name, bro.

Lucas Technique Threads:

PK Fire Spamming Techniques by Tyr_03-The very move that makes everyone in NM hate Lucas except for me.

Da Lucas Jablock thread by NESSBOUNDER-A valuble technique to wreck your oppenents silly.

A guide to Lucas's Dair by Tyr_03-Using the dair wisely is key to victory! Read and learn!

Lucas's Approaches by Tyr_03-ZMan sucks LOL.

Zapjumping and Magent pulling guide by Veril-Use these techniques to live longer in battle.

C-c-combos! by Tyr_03-Silly Tyr, there is no combos in barlw.

Other Important Lucas Threads:

Lucas Video Compendium by Mikezor-It's now being updated. Good for seeing our favorite character in action.
Colorado sucks though.

The Lucas player finder and Guide -Everything to Lucas- by Veng-Is now being updated and is now easy to read.

Lucas Tournament Placing thread by ZMan (CLOSED)-Updated frequently. Nice for uplifting spirits of competitive Lucas players such as myself.

Lucas Frame Data by Levitas- Some frame data for Lucas. To lazy to sound Sakurai-ish today.

[THE NEW & IMPROVED LUCAS VIDEO COMPENDIUM!!!!! By lil cj-Better than beef.

New Lucas Tournament placing thread by Levitas - I thought I was gonna quit Lucas so Levitas was cool enough to make a new one in my slight departure from Lucas.

Lucas Tourny Results by c3gill- (formally Lucas Region Rankings by Noraa) To show who is top dog in the Lucas community.
We all know that's me.

Lucas Omelet Chatroom by ToxiCrow- All passengers should unload all spam here. *DEAD*

Lucas Community Pics by lil cj- Lucas players = 2 sexy 4 u.

Lucas General Discussion Thread by Chu245- IF you want to increase your post count, here is where to do it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Some of those threads haven't been updated in ages and repeat information from eachother. A lot of the videos on the video thread are from like the first day Brawl came out and are extremely nooby (not that I blame the players, it's just old.) The Lucas player finder kind of died a few days after it started and stopped being updated. I have no idea why we have so many Lucas guides and faqs because they all have basically the same information. Really some of these are just plain outdated and either need to be gotten rid of or replaced by more up to date threads that will be updated every once in a while as new developements arise. Do any of these say a thing about the Marth CG stuff in them? It definetly ought to be mentioned in a sticky if it isn't already so people know how to make it less deadly when they come across it.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I think you should give each thread a short description. This suggestion by Trozz is simple, and could help people find what they're looking for faster. This could also be a good spot to put in discretions/warnings like 'this has not been updated in months'.

Something to spruce the op a bit.

Levitas

the moon
Let's figure out which threads havent been updated in a while and then I'll ask a mod to sticky this and unsticky that/those thread/s. That should clean up the stickys while making this thread more useful.

Trozz

Smash Ace
The Lucas player finder and Guide -Everything to Lucas: I've never really understood the importance of the character finder thread. Most the people on the list probably don't play often anyway. AT info is reduntant, considering the other stickies.

Compendium of Lucas Advanced Techniques: Lots of good info, but hasn't been updated in awhile...

Lucas matchup discussion: I don't see why random blocks of text are colorized. Red on dark gray is annoying to read. Great info though; probably the most useful thread on the boards when entering a tournament.

Lucas Video Compendium: Way too many old videos. There needs to be some quality control done. There are some good vids here, but I'd rather surf youtube for people I know are good.

Mother's Boys - The Lucas and Ness FAQ: Two-in-one guides are blah. Seems to be well maintained though. This guide is great for new players.

PK LOVE: The Complete Lucas FAQ: Great for people who get distracted easily. Look! Pictures!

Not sticky worthy? Probably the player finder and the video thread (unless they're remade better).

Levitas

the moon
Zman, it might be a good idea to link to specific threads for specific techniques and strats, such as the one mitani posted.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The PK love and Lucas player finder sticky are pretty much worthless and we ought to get rid of them. The video thread I guess just needs more videos but there really aren't that many out there and since there aren't many big names playing Lucas it might just be worthless for a while yet. I dunno if we should keep it or start a new one. The OP I think is willing to update it's just hard to know what to keep and what to get rid of.

As far as other threads to consider putting on here, I'd add my thundersliding thread (mostly because people keep "discovering" it recently) and the PK Fire spamming thread might be good too. I'm too lazy to put links but if you search for them they ought to be easy to find. Oh the PK Freeze uses thread I did a while back I think would be a good one too. Just some thoughts. If I ever get around to it I'll probably make a guide for PK Thunder, fire and freeze all at once to replace them later.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I feel pressed for time lately, but if you guys ever feel my Mother's Boys guide is out of date, send me a PM and I'll make updating it a priority. There's certainly things missing, but I try to include the most important things as they come to me. And even though I'm not all that active on the forums I do check my PMs nightly.

Veng

Smash Ace
I believe its "Demming" new mexico.

Any idea if thats close? I would definitely smash with you.. although my parents would be like.. um..

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Demming is almost on the border between NM and Mexico. That sucks cause there ain't **** down there lol. Tell your parents they should get property in Albuquerque because theres girls, smashers, fun ect. up here.

Of course, you could always venture up here to Alburquerque or Rio Rancho when theres tournaments.

Veng

Smash Ace
How far is it?

Apparently we got 5 1 acre lots for 20 Grand.

Border Patrol much?

My mom said shes getting a job in alberquerequeue so I might be able to come up for tourneys. But idk were they would be and whos house or what not..

EDIT: its gonna suck to move down there, when I moved to Olympia, I actually knew people here. But New Mexico? what the eff. Ill be a loner playing smash all day :(

EDIT: add me to msn ( ilikeyourjokes@live.com ) or aim msandrsoxrule so were not spammin up the thread

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
What about Blackbelts new matchups discussion thread and Tyr's recent guide on using items as Lucas?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yeah I noticed that the videos are done sloppily, and most are poor quality.

They do an extremely nice job with videos on the Zelda boards.

Top Bottom