• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important *Norcal Read!* Going to Nexus!!!

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok well so since there are no norcal tournies this weekend and there happens to be a huge socal one(Nexus) I was wondering if anyone was interested in going wit me. The more people interested the higher chance ill go. Right now im 50-50 as I would have to pay for all the gas and for a 1000 mile trip thats a pocket drainer :(. So PM or msg me on AIM if interested, we would leave friday, and depending on how i feel either come back sat night or sun morning.

Info:

We would leave most likely late Friday(4-9pm) and come back between Sat night and Sun mourning.
If 4 or 4> go then we will most likely be being housed by araknophobic. If more than 4 go then we will be in the bigger truck and will prob either sleep in the truck or get a motel along the way.

If its 4 including myself gas is $40 a piece(steep yes) but we wont have to pay for housing. If I get a full 8 including myself in the big truck then it will be 25 a piece but then factor in the motel about 10 more for that.

I might be able to pick ppl up, but it will cost extra gas money if i do(Proportionate to how far you live from me).

The Game II

Smash Champion
I didn't think any norcal peeps were going. I'm already going to be in LA, but it'll be for the big madden qualifying tournament. I'll go there if it ends early, but I doubt it (could be 100 players).

--GCII

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok so right now heres how its looking, ive heard from 3 ppl that want to go for sure and 1 possible. Now like i said I can pick up and drop off ppl but it will cost extra proportionate to distance i have to travel and gas used.

NK and Delphiki: Ok so you both needs rides, if I pick you guys up in Rancho Cordova, its an extra 300 miles out of my way, that would mean its an extra 30 dollars for you guys, hence it would be $65 a piece for each of you.

The math if you want to see it: its 450 miles(Nexus)*2(Roundtrip)/15 mpg(my truck)=60 gallons * 3.10(avg price of gas for regular)=186/5= 37.2 so i rounded down and ill eat it so 35$ a piece if u lived right next to me. Next its 80 miles to rancho cordova and another 70 back to an equal point of travel from my place. Meaning its 150*2(Roundtrip) to pick and drop you guys off. So again, 300 miles(Roundtrip to Rancho Cordova)/15 mpg(my truck)=20 gallons*3.10(avg price for regular gas)=62 again im going to round it down to 60 and eat the difference. So ex de facto $35+$30=$65.

Bob$- Ok so like above its automatically $35 for the trip, then factor in that u live 30 miles roundtrip from me, thats an extra $5 dollars, so $40.

Isai- Ive heard Bob has talked to you and you might be interested. If your in San Jose which I doubt you would be, as you almost always come to concord for these things, then your price would be the same as Bob$, $40 roundtrip.

Now these prices are estimated on a 5 person car ride and are subject to change if one of these ppl do not go.

I will send each of you a pm with this information and will be on aim today for most of the day.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
NK and Delphiki: Ok so you both needs rides, if I pick you guys up in Rancho Cordova, its an extra 300 miles out of my way, that would mean its an extra 30 dollars for you guys, hence it would be $65 a piece for each of you.

The math if you want to see it: its 450 miles(Nexus)*2(Roundtrip)/15 mpg(my truck)=60 gallons * 3.10(avg price of gas for regular)=186/5= 37.2 so i rounded down and ill eat it so 35$ a piece if u lived right next to me. Next its 80 miles to rancho cordova and another 70 back to an equal point of travel from my place. Meaning its 150*2(Roundtrip) to pick and drop you guys off. So again, 300 miles(Roundtrip to Rancho Cordova)/15 mpg(my truck)=20 gallons*3.10(avg price for regular gas)=62 again im going to round it down to 60 and eat the difference. So ex de facto $35+$30=$65.

Bob$- Ok so like above its automatically $35 for the trip, then factor in that u live 30 miles roundtrip from me, thats an extra $5 dollars, so $40.

Isai- Ive heard Bob has talked to you and you might be interested. If your in San Jose which I doubt you would be, as you almost always come to concord for these things, then your price would be the same as Bob$, $40 roundtrip.

Now these prices are estimated on a 5 person car ride and are subject to change if one of these ppl do not go.
QUOTE]

amazing....lol it's great to hear this guy is going to be picking up a lot of good players with the exception of nintendo king then it's just a funny and super animated smash player who sandbags in teams and blames his partner lol. it's a shame i didnt get to go to the UCLA monthly the very next day but i had a blowout after leaving mcrustys....gay...nothing sucks more than changing a tire at 3 in the morning on the side of a freeway.

there is nothing better than a second chance to play some of norcal's greatest and once again the exception of NK lol.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
amazing....lol it's great to hear this guy is going to be picking up a lot of good players with the exception of nintendo king then it's just a funny and super animated smash player who sandbags in teams and blames his partner lol. it's a shame i didnt get to go to the UCLA monthly the very next day but i had a blowout after leaving mcrustys....gay...nothing sucks more than changing a tire at 3 in the morning on the side of a freeway.

there is nothing better than a second chance to play some of norcal's greatest and once again the exception of NK lol.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! -dies-

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Ok so right now heres how its looking, ive heard from 3 ppl that want to go for sure and 1 possible. Now like i said I can pick up and drop off ppl but it will cost extra proportionate to distance i have to travel and gas used.

I will send each of you a pm with this information and will be on aim today for most of the day.
Wow. I'm really impressed Zoap. Thanks a lot for trying to make it down here. That's a heck of a lot of extra driving for you to pick up some extra people. 300 miles out of your way on top of the 450 to get here... jesus that's a lot of driving. I used to live in Salinas and I drove from there to Riverside a bunch, I kn\ow how long of a drive that can be (and that's not even as bad). I hope that you guys can make it. All we can say over here is that we're gonna make it worthwile for you guys to come. We hope to see you Saturday morning. Thanks, you guys rock.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! -dies-
:( dont die...lol you've got to make the trip it's a shame you cant make it sooner so we could play before the tounry but oh well, friendlies at nexus? lol

oh and someone see if lunin can go lol that was the saddest part about missing UCLA :( :(. I dont know how much it would cost you zoap to bring lunin but maybe i'll go halfsies on what you would charge him, assuming i could get that equal amount in matches against him lol, i wont pay for SS though. unless there is some transporting brothers discount.

the point of my post is NK DONT DIE lol and i really want to play lunin's fox. :)

JMW

Smash Apprentice
lol i know you're super technical lol inbetween your sandbagging and actually playing yea i noticed you were. after seeing your fox i did some thinking not training as to what i'd like to accomplish with my fox. so im trying to be able to do all the technical things while i play half-*****. I have to say im half way there i think, just need to stick to wavedashing out of shine instead of jumping like i always do lol. i can do that sometimes but it means i have to try and i dont want to try that isnt why i play lol...so can we say fox tips/training lol...

(watching luunin vs hella match from '06) lunin died from a dash attack....wow...but still too good

JMW

Smash Apprentice
seems like you're refering to me am i right in my assumption? meant no offense but im sure you're only joking.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
i suppose you're right but i dont know anything about him so i could have greatly offended him lol...anyways how about you show up to Delphiki, i didnt get to play you when you were down here last time.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I was talking about how you said NK isn't very good. I think most of the NorCal rabble (myself included) hasn't seen what he can really do. And yet you say he isn't that great when my name sits just next to his. :confused:

Want to MM at Nexus - $5, best of 3? Who are you? Who do you play?

edit: I love how Mr. Malva never posts more than a couple sentences.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
I was talking about how you said NK isn't very good. I think most of the NorCal rabble (myself included) hasn't seen what he can really do. And yet you say he isn't that great when my name sits just next to his. :confused:

Want to MM at Nexus - $5, best of 3? Who are you? Who do you play?

edit: I love how Mr. Malva never posts more than a couple sentences.
oh lol i was joking with NK, i've already played NK he is better than me. I've already met you at mcrusty's house i was the black guy with the ponytail. i'd like a match with you but not a MM lol but if we must i'll waste a dollar since you main ice climbers and i use fox. < doesnt mean i accept the MM just means if there is no other way then i'll accept.

Also i agree that most people havent seen what NK can do, just watching him half way was impressive im refering to watching him use fox i dont know if he mains him though.

Im surprised you didnt notice i was joking by his response and what we said to eachother after words.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok guys so we have all 5 of us confirmed!! <(^_^<) , ALSO: Seeing as housing is tight i have to put a limit on the ppl i take, only 6 total. This is the list of requests i have in the order i got them.

1. Jeff(SS)
2. Mike666
3. TC1

Now Jeff is pending but if he cant go then Mike would be next followed by TC1. Now the other option I have is this. If all these ppl want to go then, after the first 6 the rest would have to split a motel. This means something like an extra $50 for those 2 ppl.

OK NOW IMPORTANT!!!

I will be leaving to get bob, isai and jeff about 3:45-4:00. At about 4:45 we will depart to get delphiki and nk. at about 6:30 we leave for socal. We should then be there about 12-1 am.

Stuff to bring:

The money(I will need this almost immediately as i will be paying cash for the gas)
Pillow
Blanket
Entertainment(6 hour drive)
Controller
Shampoo, Toothbrush etc
Towel
Clothes(If you feel like changing lol)

Anything you think you need basically.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
*remembers zoap huge car filled with me, Isai, Bobby, Pierre, Vans, SS, lunin, lunin's little bro, and two other ppl* - you're the best/nicest smasher zoap (next to Bobby) :psycho:

Im surprised you didnt notice i was joking by his response and what we said to eachother after words.
Yeah Delph o_o; BTW, I'll $5 mm your climbers - best out of 3 - at the May 12th SFSU tournament :)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Sure Syra. JMW I realized you were one of the one's at McRusty's but I wasn't sure who. I don't think we played very much - we should get some matches. I won't push the MM on you if you don't want to.

And wow...I thought you meant 5-6 PM. Time to call in sick.

DRGN

Technowizard
Aawwwwwww.. :urg:

It appears Durgan will miss this fantastic opportunity. -_-

...And missed it shall be..

JMW

Smash Apprentice
we should definitely play delphiki. oh and NK great story especially that part about the samurai, i dont know if everyone else saw that but it was good.

oh since isai has confirmed his place for the trip can i confirm a match with you? it'll give you a chance to destroy the guy who called zoap "this guy". also you didnt hear this from me but they are saying you should accept the match :)

Top Bottom