• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Importance of short hopping PK fire?

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
thanks.
i normally do sh my pkfires.
Do you sh pk fire and then grounded pk fire ever?
ive heard it could be helpful

Star Lucas

Smash Cadet
hmm...i SH pk fire all the time. Sometimes i do ground pk fire just for variety.

thanks.
i normally do sh my pkfires.
Do you sh pk fire and then grounded pk fire ever?
ive heard it could be helpful
I don't think so, most opponents would shield/dodge the 2nd one.

Levitas

the moon
If they're getting closer than you want, you shouldn't use PK fire to space, or you'll likely get punished. Keep yourself available for an ftilt if that's true.

If they're far away, you're gonna be more successful in spacing with another SH pk fire.

Sometimes it's good as a mix-up, but you should usually SH each pk fire.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You know what's even cooler than SH PK Fire? Full hop PK Fire. Especially if you just jump and then space it so you use a PK Fire at the lowest point just before you land. It's brilliant for spacing since you have so much aerial control. I usually RAR and jump toward the opponent slightly then move away. If they try to aproach you can outrange them with a PK Fire at whatever height you need, or throw out a Bair or Uair. It really pisses people off. You should try it. Brings PK Fire spamming to a whole new level on stages without platforms.

Teh Future

Smash Master
yeah I also noticed that you can use PK fire almost like Falco's laser where you can just spam it whenever you're about to land from the air, unless you're doing an aerial.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
The sh pk fires are very effective the spacing matters and when they get close just f tilt them or regular jab them to space again

Top Bottom