• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm new here, I live in Portland Oregon. The thing is I've been looking for competative play. But obviously not hard enough. Because of this I'm not sure of the level of the field that I'm at and was wondering if there are ways to find this out. So far I am undefeated In Portland Oregon, considering that I've challenged everyone at my high school (btw I go to Grant H.S.) and am undefeated. I don't consider myself as one of those guys who say that they are really good and turn out that they're quite horrible. I've been to Game Crazy Tourneys all the time and won everytime except once (which was a fluke and I regret letting that mistake happen). So to the point, I want to challenge someone near by and I want some advice on how to get more active in the smash bros community. So please give me something.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Oregon should be around here somewhere just wait. They'll find this thread.

Oh and yeah you suck compared to the REAL oregon.

EDIT: OMG EVERYONE AT YOUR HIGHSCHOOL YOU'RE PRETTY EFFING 1337 AREN'T YOU?!?!?

$ick

Smash Lord
Man it's crazy that every single person that start posting are positive they are the best until they get *****.. But then again.. Game crazy tournaments are some tough competition. I had to beat a couple of 9 year olds to win the game store tournys in my city.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Lol. Go to OSM, Venus, and attend TANG 22.5. I live down here in SOregon, and usually I have to drive 3-4 hours just to get decent competition. Hope you're at least half as good as Oregon, cause if you're not and find out that you suck compared to the rest of us you're just going to instantly give up like most "players" do.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Man it's crazy that every single person that start posting are positive they are the best until they get *****.. But then again.. Game crazy tournaments are some tough competition. I had to beat a couple of 9 year olds to win the game store tournys in my city.
Listen, I didn't say that I wouldn't get *****. I said that I would like to find out how good I actually am compared to you guys. But the Game Crazy tourneys are (for the ones I've been to) were pretty much the easiest fights I've had in a while. I mean this may be hard to believe, but I have honestly beaten people in the warm ups after they entered their $10 dollars with one hand. So, all I'm asking is near by opponents to set up a date to go smash it up somewhere.
Anywhere in Portland will do if that's fine, I can go as far as eugeine if thats what it takes but it's gotta be worth it. And if you feel like "****** Me" then lets make it interesting and put some money up on this, I'm not afraid to lose.

The guys who made me want to go pro is the battles between killaOR and Ken, watching those videos made me decide to attempt to go pro, just from pure thought that when I watch i think to myself that i can beat them. I'm sure you guys have thought that too so don't think less of me.

Lol. Go to OSM, Venus, and attend TANG 22.5. I live down here in SOregon, and usually I have to drive 3-4 hours just to get decent competition. Hope you're at least half as good as Oregon, cause if you're not and find out that you suck compared to the rest of us you're just going to instantly give up like most "players" do.
I'll check out the one on Feb. 19, But I'm not sure whether it's a tournament or not but whatev, all I want to do is play. So thanks for letten me know.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I'm glad i'm not one of those players.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Friendly tip to the new guy: For the most part, you can ignore NintendoKing. He's just an ******* on the forums. He does say stuff that's usually true (atleast to a point) but he says it in a way that's usually rude.

Knivez

Smash Ace
The guys who made me want to go pro is the battles between killaOR and Ken, watching those videos made me decide to attempt to go pro, just from pure thought that when I watch i think to myself that i can beat them. I'm sure you guys have thought that too so don't think less of me.

ok first off, i think the battles between killaOR and ken are pretty old. Even so, seeing as how ken is arguably the best in the world with maybe 10 or less other people able to give him a true challenge, there is no way, and i mean no way you can even come close. This is just an observation from the posts you have made, and yes people make the mistake of watching a video and saying "he's not that good". you just gotta play him to understand.

the best way to describe ken as one person put it to me is, you could be watching him play someone else, try to learn what he will do to you, but as you play him he will do everything you dont want him to do. He will just ****. end of story, and yes i am part of socal's community and top-20 power rankings if you need reassurance that i'm not a "noob". I have played him several times and he's always in control. Now its ok that you thought you could beat him by watching videos, but he has traveled all over the U.S. and Japan, and proved himself time and time again. you dont have any "tricks" or discoveries to bring to the table and most likely only are improving by watching said videos of the pro players. Until you play them though, you wont understand what it is to be a pro.

oh and yea i was bored in class, but welcome to smashboards!~:)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the next time i come to oregon i challange the TC to a $20 mm bowser vs whatever character it is that you use.

cocky new people frustrate me, owning them with bowser puts them in their place most of the time lol

welcome, try not to think you are so good w/o proving anything at all first. XD

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Ehhnn, its always the same. New person with some natural talent owns all the locals, but then sees what its like to play 'high level'.

He'll learn.

We all do.

<3 Gimpy. Taming n00bs since 2005? :laugh:

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow this guy didn't say he thought he was better than anyone. Too bad he made the mistake of "Best Player in Highschool" gig. C'mon now who wasn't? Wait a second I stopped going to high school :laugh: Oh well.

Anyways you'll prolly have to go farther than Eugene. Although T!mmy and T0mmy are two great players from Eugene, you can always get ahold of them and arrange a date to Smash. If I were you I would be sure to practice your tech skill, then read up on a few competitive guides in the Melee Discussion. And of course, do everything you possibly can to attend every single tournament possible.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Hey you're exactly like me. I win almost every smash tournament in Beaverton (include, GameCraz), I've lost a couple but by fluke. Plus at my schools, "Gamers Club' I destroy everyone there. I too need to find some competition. We should hang out.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
wow, this topic is old, prolly gonna be closed...

just post in OSM

and as a very late reply, i know how good i am, and it's up to everyone else to decide how I am now, or at least how i've improved

Knivez

Smash Ace
the last 3 people that have posted before me should stfu.

I hate you Nintendo King with all your cellphone vids ^_^.

and i cant stress enough how much foxmaster and penusgospel suck. ^_<

i mean seriously, who brags about gamecrazy tournaments or school clubs??

When you say i have beaten (insert famous player name), then you can begin to talk.

If you dont know any of the people i'm referring to ( like the ones in the power rankings), then take this advice when i say you're nothing special.

Dont be discouraged though, because we all sucked at some time and you just have to get better. and NO, you're not......I REPEAT....YOU ARE NOT THE CHOSEN ONE.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah people should ease up on venus. as the japanese would say, "GANBATTE YO!" or some sht like that. i'd be supportive of this kid. probably not that good, as most of us were "best in our high school" at some point. but cut him some slack and provide encouragement >_> this is why smash players leave the community. smashers are nice, yea, but harsh to nubz >________< i was a nub once.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
someone please close this topic, it was started months ago and for some reason it was brought back up (I'm still nab at using forums so i don't know if i can close it myself considering that i started it).

And if you do really think i'm that bad then why don't you money match me where ever the next tournament is, and unless you've played me knives, (I don't recall ever seeing you or playing you) you really should shut the fu ck up because you haven't seen me play... so like i said, if you really want to find out how good i am ask Timmy, Aftermath, or Foos, they've played me at SF: E, the most recent one...

And thanks choknater... i guess, but i don't need anyones pity, if they want a match with me then go to a tournament that I'm available to go to, or just come to my house if that's what it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom