• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a New MK player (and new to PM)

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
So I recently got Project M and have taken a HUGE liking to it. I personally think it's the best SSB game made. I was used to Brawl, so when I tried this one, it felt a lot different, but in a good way. I generally like fast characters. Meta Knight and Sheik were my first choices and I have decided I'm going to stick with Meta Knight for now.

Since I'm new to Project M, I don't know every technique and it would help if I got some advice for MK. Is there any moves I should be using a lot, combos I should know or other techniques that could help or are necessary. Also, maybe you can direct me to some helpful threads.

Thanks for reading!

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
With MK basic techskill is important as for every character, as well as fundamentals. Movewise, I would say MK's generally most useful moves are nair, grab (here d-throw mostly, sometimes up-throw at mid %s), up-air and down-smash (some people have different opinions but I think these are very important). Get used to the positioning aspect with your many jumps and get used to edgeguarding, as well as the techchase resulting from your down-throw. In the other MK threads there is lots of information. If you just keep on playing you will get used to MK and Project M as a whole quickly.

Top Bottom