• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iggy Koopa's Castle... stage

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Hey, I think that the third part of castle siege has alot of potential to become one whole stage for PM, I thought the name (Iggy Koopa's Castle) because the stage looks like the first boss of super mario world (SNES).

So, what do you guys think? ...Discuss

Last edited:

Scott!

Smash Lord
1. This should be in the Smash Workshop if you want to discuss it being put into a modded version of Brawl. If you're more considering it for future installments, the SSB4 thread (In the Smash Workshop, actually), is the best place for this discussion.

2. I know at least Balanced Brawl has come out against freezing stages on certain sections for transformational stages, opting instead for lowering the speed to 1/2 to 2/3 of normal. I also think that they do not include texture swaps, if that's part of what you're imagining for this stage of yours.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mess with the blast zones, give it a good once-over for the background, and I could totally see this working, honestly.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
The only problem is, I personally like the other bits of castle seige too...

Would it be possible to have two different Castle Seige stages? Or even to replace something like New Pork with one of them?

mofo_

Smash Ace
maybe you can edit spunits stage codes to make it hold y for stage 1 of castle siege, hold r for stage 2, hold z for stage 3 and hold x for all 3

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Just make it have Norfair-like lava or Brinstar-like acid. It'd be weird because you probably wouldn't die from meteors very often, but I'm not too sure.

Interesting idea though! =]

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
I'd take it, hazards or none.
My question is if an actual texture like the picture would look good on the hunk of rock there, due to it being not smooth and semicircle-ish. And, the lava would probably have to be on the back texture, but I would still take it.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
Hmm... eh, it's do able as it's been said and I 'spose it'd look nice.

Still stick by what I said earlier, there are better Castle Seige stages imo.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wait, I don't see the problem. Iggy Koopa's castle has three parts, so does Castle Seige. Just put fences and lava in the background of the first part. In the second part, put falling pillars in the backgrounds, etc. Then the third part, transform it to look like the boss room. Don't mess around with hazards and stuff, make it a purely cosmetic change.

mofo_

Smash Ace
well castle siege is made up of different pac files so idk but i think using the button activated code works...like 1 is to reverse stage 2 is to fast forward and 1+2 is to freeze so just freeze it when it gets there. it would be better to have it load castle siege lava stage first instead, like Mushroomy Kingdom desert and underground

IAMWAVEMAN

Smash Rookie
If its made up of different .pac files wouldn't it be possible to just isolate the .pac file we need, give it a reskin, and then use file replacement to put it in place of Hanenbow or something?

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
If its made up of different .pac files wouldn't it be possible to just isolate the .pac file we need, give it a reskin, and then use file replacement to put it in place of Hanenbow or something?
Uh......
Hanenbow is already used by Wifi Waiting room.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'd gladly replace stages with the 2nd two floors of Castle Siege. Still haven't found anyting to replace my 75m yet :p

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to update B+. My bad
75m = Castle 3rd stage
Castle seige = Castle 1st stage only.
Hanen/Falls = Castle 2nd stage

And you know what's wifi room
Everything else can remain.

IAMWAVEMAN

Smash Rookie
This actually makes a good segway into another thing I was thinking about. What about freezing some portions of SSE into stages, such as the Canyon level?

IAMWAVEMAN

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately not possible -- the SSE data is stored far, far away. Other side of the disc in fact, if I recall correctly.
Ah well, that sucks.

What about the All Star Rest Area? If you took out the teleporter and the Heart Containers...?

mofo_

Smash Ace
Ah well, that sucks.

What about the All Star Rest Area? If you took out the teleporter and the Heart Containers...?
and make it possible to die by somehow hacking it to remove the walls and ceiling..........-_-

it would be cool if you got target test level one and used death boundary mod to make it smaller :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
it would be cool if you got target test level one and used death boundary mod to make it smaller :p
I actually tried this. The end result was not worthwhile -- the highest I could take the death boundary was juuust enough to cover the very lowest point of grass.

It made for a pretty crappy stage, even without the spawn point issues which automatically killed P3.

mofo_

Smash Ace
I thought that could be done with Death Boundry Mod.
uhhh yeah...but that would be hella small

@eldiran idk how the stage you made looked like , but isnt there a spawn point mod? but still prolly not worthwhile.

spunit made a modded spear pillar but it was too small, idk how death boundary mod works but it'd be cool if it showed just the top part of the stage with the 2 platforms...no pokemon..and the bottom boundary was raised up higher just a little bit above the underground part so you cant stand on it but you can go underneath and the side boundaries could be the same

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I've rebuilded all SB64 stages (including the Tutorial stage, metal mario stage and the fighting polygon stage) and most of the melee and Brawl stages(Including Spear Pillar and targetsmash1) and they work pretty well, target smash is to big though and has to many walls and it's easy to just camp at the bottom and tech when hit, matches take too long, so it will probably be banned.

Anyways, I like the idea of having the different parts of castle siege as other stages, but what if you brake the statues of the 2nd part, wi8ll they be gone for the rest of the match or reappear like in skyworld?

Another question, can you texture hack stage builder stages? If so, can somebody school me on this? Then I might just end up having every single stage on the smash series!!! AND SHARE IT WITH THE SMASH COMMUNITY!!!!XD

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I've rebuilded all SB64 stages (including the Tutorial stage, metal mario stage and the fighting polygon stage) and most of the melee and Brawl stages(Including Spear Pillar and targetsmash1) and they work pretty well, target smash is to big though and has to many walls and it's easy to just camp at the bottom and tech when hit, matches take too long, so it will probably be banned.

Anyways, I like the idea of having the different parts of castle siege as other stages, but what if you brake the statues of the 2nd part, wi8ll they be gone for the rest of the match or reappear like in skyworld?

Another question, can you texture hack stage builder stages? If so, can somebody school me on this? Then I might just end up having every single stage on the smash series!!! AND SHARE IT WITH THE SMASH COMMUNITY!!!!XD
Texture hack stage builder stages.......
Yes.

But it applies to every stage. Not just 1 individual stage.

Top Bottom