• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there was a boss for every series...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
...who would they be? For simplicity's sake, count Ice Climbers, ROB and Game and watch as Retro. Or discount single character series.

My ideas (Not repeating from Brawl)

Mario: Boom Boom (Super Mario Bros 3)
Zelda: Darknut/Iron Knuckle
Donkey Kong: Tiki Tong
Yoshi: Raphael the Raven
Pokemon: Kuyrem
Kirby: Krako
Star Fox: King Red Eye (T-Rex from SF: Adventures)
Metroid: That purple thing you fought at the beginning of Other M
F-Zero: Deathborne
Earthbound: Kraken
Fire Emblem: Some guy/girl/thing from Awakening
Kid Icarus: Thanatos
Pikmin: That bird Snake thing
Sonic: Eggman in the original Eggpod
Metal Gear: Metal Gear Rex
Animal Crossing: Debt (Spend the whole game fighting it)
Wii Fit: That Punching bag that hits back?
Mega Man: Mech Dragon
Retro: Fish from Balloon Fight

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
We've already seen Yellow Devil from the Megaman series.
Obviously, the boss for Metroid would be Ridley. Bahahaa. But seriously, Star Fox boss would be Andross, surely?

The fact that we've seen Kirby and Yellow Devil together makes me think that there probably isn't a mini-adventure for each character.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Mario: King Bob-omb
Zelda: Helmaroc King
Donkey Kong: I'd prefer personally one of the bosses from DKC3 like Bleak or Arich but....probably be someone from the returns series *sigh*
Yoshi: Moltz the Very Goonie
Pokemon: Genesect
Kirby: Marx
Metroid: Draygon
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Pikmin: Emperor Bulblax
Sonic: Metal Sonic
Mega Man: Mecha Dragon

Ah man, after reading some of the later posts, how could I forget one of my favorite Nintendo series?

Wario: Shake King

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mario: King Boo
Yoshi: Kamek
Wario: Captain Syrup + Djinn
Donkey Kong: Tiki Tong (Or K Rool)
Legend Of Zelda: Demise
Pokemon: Ghetsis (Or Mewtwo)
Kirby: Nightmare
Metroid: Dark Samus (Or Ridley)
F - Zero: Deathborn (Or Black Shadow)
Star Fox: Andross
Mother: Giygas (Or Masked Man)
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Kid Icarus: Hades (Or Medusa)
Pikmin: Empress Bulbax
Animal Crossing: Jack
Mega Man: Dr. Wily

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Mario: Petey Pirahna
Zelda: Vaati
Donkey Kong: tiki Tong
Yoshi: Mecha Bowser Jr. Or kamek
Pokemon: Probably a 6th gen legendary But for the sake of fun I'll say arceus or genesect
Kirby: Wispy Willow
Metroid: Mother Brain
pikmin: Emperor Bulbax
Sonic: Mecha Sonic
Animal Crossing: Living fossil
Megaman: yellow Devil
Retro: ROB.
Wario: wham bam jewel

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My thoughts are that there's going to be a map of all the connected worlds and that in each world there's a sub-map. Here you can choose levels and such. Eventually, you'll end up facing an enemy, like going through a SMB3-esque fortress in the Mushroom Kingdom and finding Boom-Boom, except with a fighting style more suited for Smash. That'show Yellow Devil comes in, I bet. Here's some of my guesses:

Mushroom Kingdom: Boom Boom, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Koopalings, Bowser Jr. (if he doesn't make it in)
Hyrule: Dark Link (like in Zelda II), Phantom Ganon, Twinrova, Gerudo Thief, Stalfos, Majora/Skull Kid (if he doesn't make it in)
Planet Zebes: Kraid, Crocomire, Mother Brain, Metroid Hatcher, Meta Ridley (if Ridley doesn't make it in)
Pop Star: Whispy Woods, Kracko, Paint Roller, Bonkers, Daroach (if Daroach doesn't make it in)
Yoshi's Island: Naval Piranha, Raphael the Raven, Hector the Reflector, Hookbill the Koopa, Baby Bowser
DK Island: Klump, Krusha, Tiki Tong, Viking Seal... thingy, King K. Rool (if he doubtfully doesn't make it in)
PokeWorld (because who knows where it'll take place this time?): Lugia, Hitmonlee, Gary Oak (heck yeah), Steelix, Mewtwo (if he doesn't make it in)
Lylat System: Panther Caroso, General Skales, Pigma Dengar, Random Pilots, Andross (Ape Form)
F-Zero Championship: Black Shadow (doesn't make it in), Skull, Pico, Zoda, Blood Falcon
Magicant (yeah, I went there): Hippie thing, Reconstructed Caribou, Starman Junior, Natural Killer Cyborg, Master Belch

and so on. Hold your applause UNTIL 2014 when it comes out :troll:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My ideal line-up (not re-using anyone from Brawl)

Mario: King Boo
Yoshi: Raphael Raven
Donkey Kong: Turret Tusk
Kirby: Dyna Blade or Kracko
Zelda: Gohma
Metroid: Mother Brain
Starfox: Andross
Mother: Giygas
F-Zero: Deathborn
Pokémon: Shadow Lugia
Fire Emblem: Ashnard
Pikmin: Empress Bulblax
Animal Crossing: The Happy Room Academy
Kid Icarus: Medusa?
Retro: The fish from Balloon Fight
Wii Fit: Calories
Metal Gear: Metal Gear RAY
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Megaman: Yellow Devil

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
As sad as I am to say it, I don't think that Yellow Devil is going to be a boss in the next Smash Bros. game. The fact that he was shown on the Wily Castle stage suggests to me that he's going to be more of a stage hazard than a boss, like the Ultimate Chimera for example. Still, there is the possibility that the reason he was showed their is simply because he's near completed but they haven't yet completed/don't want to show the story mode stage he's on, so there is hope. I'm not counting on it though, considering Snake/Sonic didn't get boss representation.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Mario: Petey Piranha, King Boo, King Bob-Omb...
Yoshi: Kamek...
Pokemon: Giovanni, Kyurem, Arceus...
Starfox: Andross...
Fire Emblem: Medeus or Black Knight...
F-Zero: Deathborn or Black Shadow...
Earthbound: Masked Man...

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Mario - Petey Piranha
The Legend of Zelda - Twinrova
Kirby - Fatty Whale or Kracko
Metroid - Ridley
Mother - Kracken
Donkey Kong - Kleaver
Yoshi - Potted Ghost
Retro - Going with Balloon Fight fish.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Guys, I seriously think that Yellow Devil is either an AT or stage hazard... though considering the fact that both times we have seen him have been on the Megaman stage stage hazard seems more likely.

Regardless, he likely isn't a boss. Why would Nintendo tease us with an adventure mode boss, without giving us any clear indication that that is what they are teasing us with?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mario: Fawful
Metroid: Mother Brain [her form in Super Metroid]
Zelda: Majora
Starfox: Andross
Yoshi: Kamek
Fire Emblem: The Black Knight, Grima or Medeus
Mother: The Masked Man
Pikmin: Empress Bulblax
Pokemon: Kyurem
F-Zero: Deathborn
Animal Crossing: Crazy Redd
Retros: The Original Donkey Kong
DK: Unsure
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Megaman: Dr Wily
Wario: Captain Syrup
Wii Fit: Mii's

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Now here's my actual boss list: (Note that I'm going to list multiple possibilities)

• Mario: Oh, the possibilities... well, Boom Boom is a good recurring boss, so maybe together with Pom Pom as a dual boss. Most of the other ones I want are probably too obscure...
  • Zelda: Demise (though he is a bit spoiler ridden, so maybe The Imprisoned?)/Vaati/Zant/Agahnim
  • Donkey Kong: If not playable, King K. Rool, if he is, Dumb Drum or Thugly (Tiki Tong is too spoilerific)
  • Yoshi: Moltz the Very Goonie, AKA one of the few good things about Yoshi's Island DS
  • Pokemon: Don't make me choose... Giratina/Kyurem/Heatran/Regigigas/Arceus all might make good ones.
  • Kirby: Too many good ones...Marx Soul/Magolor Soul/02/Galacta Knight
  • Star Fox: Andross
  • Metroid: Mother Brain/Kraid (not Ridley because I would love him to be playable and he was in Brawl... twice)
  • F-Zero: Don't know enough of the series, only bits and pieces... sorry...
  • Earthbound: Well, we already had Porky, so I believe we all know it has to be Giygas. Don't know how they'd do it, but come on... Giygas.
  • Fire Emblem: Again, barely know anything...
  • Kid Icarus: Medusa/Chaos Kin
  • Pikmin: Emperor Bulblax/Titan Dweevil/Burrowing Snagret
  • Sonic: Metal Sonic or DEATH EGG ROBOT BABY!!!
  • Metal Gear: Metal Gear Ray/Rex
  • Mega Man: Again, not sure if Yellow Devil is a boss, so if he isn't, DOCTOR WAHWEE in any of his various Wily Robots
  • Animal Crossing: Lyle
  • Wii Fit: Your Wii Fit age
  • Punch Out!! (Because Little Mac BETTER be in this game!): Mike Tyson! ...Except Nintendo doesn't have the rights anymore, so Sandman/Mr. Dream/Super Macho Man/King Hippo

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have nothing besides saying Twinbellows or Hewdraw for the Kid Icarus series.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
All you guys saying DK should get the drum guy. Screw those, give us a giant beaver or the giant vulture!

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
All you guys saying DK should get the drum guy. Screw those, give us a giant beaver or the giant vulture!
Unless you're talking about Tiki Tong, I think I'm the only one who's suggested Dumb Drum. Though admittedly, it would be kind of cool to see Very/Really Gnawty in the game. They're pretty funny bosses.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'd take anyone from the SNES DKC trilogy over any of the DKCR bosses, I didn't find any of the Donkey Kong Country Returns bosses interesting or fun.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'd take anyone from the SNES DKC trilogy over any of the DKCR bosses, I didn't find any of them interesting or fun.
I disagree. A lot of them really stood out to me, most notably Colonel Pluck and his Stompybot 3000 because it's a chicken in a goddamn robot, but I also like how this game did the Donkey Kong Country thing of using an earlier boss later in the game MUCH BETTER than the original series EVER did with Mugly -> Thugly due to the fact that not only is his model and behavior completely updated instead of just being a re-skin, but the boss strategy itself is completely screwed with to the point where the game PUNISHES you if you try to beat him like the first boss, (for example, the original boss you could only hit by jumping on his back while he is running at you, but Thugly has a shell on his back that gets red-hot and DAMAGES you if you try to attack him wile he's running, so you have to wait until he retracts it to vent out air.) The Mole Train was also an awesome boss because of the setting that it takes place in, (a train barreling through an underground mine,) the fact that it actually consisted of multiple well planned out phases unlike most of the bosses in the original series, and the fact that the fight has an intentionally put in trick for pro players to skip the entire first phase of the boss fight by using a roll double jump + Diddy glide to barely make it to the edge of the train from the beginning platform, a clever idea that was never really used at all in the original series, or many other games for that matter, (the only other game I can think of that uses pro tricks like that is Super Metroid.) There was also that fun battle with Stu the bird, the unique battle with the even more uniquely named Mangoruby, and that rather cool final boss... wait, WHY did you not like any of these bosses again?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I guess the best reason I could say is that I'm a nostalgia nut when it comes to the DKC series, think of it like the loud mouthed Sonic community. I preferred for example if K. Rool had of returned instead of the whole tiki idea along with his Kremlings. Besides that though...I just didn't. I honestly found almost all of the bosses DKCR had to offer either uninspired or just plain dumb and I'm sorry for that since you obviously found it ok or better. Just my opinion.

Edit: Looking back, if there was any boss I'd say was interesting, it'd be Mole Miner Max, that'd be it. Still wouldn't really want him as a boss in SSB4 though.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I guess the best reason I could say is that I'm a nostalgia nut when it comes to the DKC series, think of it like the loud mouthed Sonic community. I preferred for example if K. Rool had of returned instead of the whole tiki idea along with his Kremlings. Besides that though...I just didn't. I honestly found almost all of the bosses DKCR had to offer either uninspired or just plain dumb and I'm sorry for that since you obviously found it ok or better. Just my opinion.
Don't apologize about your opinion, you have every right to it. I do have to admit that I miss K. Rool too, and have to admit that the final bosses with him were better than with Tiki Tong, (though Tiki Tong was fine too, my only major complaint with him was that his "theme" was just an extended version of the Tiki theme present throughout the game,) but I found the new bosses and characters suitable replacements for the old. Then again, I've never been an especially nostalgia-bound individual about anything, which is quite weird, especially in the video game community. Still, it's only my opinion, and I didn't mean to offend or hurt you in anyway, just to give my two cents.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Don't apologize about your opinion, you have every right to it. I do have to admit that I miss K. Rool too, and have to admit that the final bosses with him were better than with Tiki Tong, (though Tiki Tong was fine too, my only major complaint with him was that his "theme" was just an extended version of the Tiki theme present throughout the game,) but I found the new bosses and characters suitable replacements for the old. Then again, I've never been an especially nostalgia-bound individual about anything, which is quite weird, especially in the video game community. Still, it's only my opinion, and I didn't mean to offend or hurt you in anyway, just to give my two cents.
Nah it's cool and I respect your opinion as well. Usually people on these forums tend to get heated about someone else's opinion is all.

Anyways to finish my list, I've thought for a while and well...here:
Starfox: Panther or Andross
Retro: Devil or Sukapon
Earthbound: Masked Man
Metal Gear: Metal Gear Ray
Wii Fit: Mii of Reggie, is your body ready? (To be serious on this one...dunno, same for the other series I have none for)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127

The final boss in DKCR was just tiki andross.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mario: Bouldergeist or King Kaliente would both be cool.
Yoshi: Raphael the Raven.
Pokemon: Black/White Kyurem, have it be different every time you encounter him. Same attacks, just based on either electricity or fire.
Kirby: Grand Doomer.
Metroid: Crocomire, gonna avoid any bosses that's allied under the Space Pirate banner if Ridley's a character.
Earthbound: Natural Killer Cyborg, or maybe something from Earthbound like the Kraken.
Mega Man: Mech Dragon, given that Yellow Devil looks like an AT or stage hazard.

That's all I can think of right now.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mario: Petey Piranha
Zelda: Majora
Donkey Kong: Tiki Tong
Yoshi: Baby Bowser
Pokemon: Kyurem
Kirby: Nightmare
Metroid: Kraid
F-Zero: Deathborne
Earthbound: Ultimate Chimera
Fire Emblem: Awakening's Final Boss
Kid Icarus: Hades
Pikmin: A Bulborb
Sonic: Big the Cat
Metal Gear: Metal Gear Rex
Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti
Wii Fit: Reggie Fils-Aime
Mega Man: Yellow Devil
Retro: Mike Tyson

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mario: Bowser Petey Piranha or King Boo
Zelda: Beast Ganon
Pokémon: Kyurem
Fire Emblem: A dragon, I suppose
Yoshi: Baby Bowser
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool Tiki Tong
Metroid: Ridley Kraid
Kid Icarus: Hades
Ice Climbers: Polar Bear
Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti
Gyromite: A giant ROB
Game & Watch: The Octopus
Pikmin: Empress Bulbax
F-Zero: Black Shadow's galaxy reactor. :p
EarthBound: Giygas
Wii Fit: The male Wii Fit trainer
Mega Man: Yellow Devil

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Super Mario - Giga Dry Bowser. Complete with unique moveset.
Yoshi - Bone Dragon/Hydra. Keeping the bone theme, obviously.
Donkey Kong - Master Necky & Sr or Fire Necky. Basically giant vulture bosses from DKC/DK King of Swing. Could be coo' as a tandem boss.
Wario - Captain Skull. I think it'd make for a unique boss fight. Straight up fight to the death style, with him constantly using the Z-Axis.
Legend of Zelda - Moldarach. Know I'll get some flak for this one, originally wanted to go with something along the lines of Gohma. Personally think the idea of an armored boss/generic "giant" enemy boss (ala OP's choice) would be nifty. Only do major damage if ya hit its weak points, 'course.
Kirby - Kabula. Again a bit of an odd choice at first glance, but I'm imagining this fight taking place on a stage akin to the outside/"platform-y" area of outer Halberd in the SSE. Kabula would fly back and forth dive bombing, shooting projectiles and what-have-you. Takes heavier damage from physical attacks to offset the fact that projectile-heavy characters would have a technically "easier" time with the fight.
Kid Icarus - Goddess of Calamity, Pandora. Because obviously we need more female representation. No, not that kind/version Admiral Pit. :troll:
Metroid - Don't make me choose. Just don't. ;_; Mother Brain, if I had to choose. Obviously I want certain other bosses to be playable, plus it would kind of make up for the fact that you don't even fight her sexy new forme in Other M.
StarFox - Braindross. To make him less similar to Master/Crazy Hand (and look good enough to be MB's prom date). Cubedross would also be lol.
F-Zero - Deathborn. As lulzy as a "Dark Captain Falcon clone" Black Shadow could be, or Goroh and his squad, I think he's more unique.
Fire Emblem - Fallen Medeus/Earth Dragon. If I could just post "pass" and be done with it/say "Fire Emblem Discussion," I would.
Mother - Bionic Kraken. If anyhting I wish they'd use the Earthbound 64 version just for lulz.
Pokémon - Genesect Army. Given that Sakurai actually pays attention to current happenings in the series, particularly who's popular in movies, I'd prefer this infinitely to another generic giant dragon mon. Picture it like a variation of Cruel Melee/Brawl.
Pikmin - Waterwraith. Because I'd actually think it's hilarious for Pikmin of all series to get a humanoid-esque boss.
Animal Crossing - Being chased by a bunch of bees. Picture this like a "Race to the Finish" type minigame, but with the added twist of having Stamina mode on (once a set amount of HP is depleted, your character faints). Given that bees can actually outrun you in straight stretches, unless you're a lightning-fast character, you'd have to constantly make use of your terrain to avoid being swarmed. Reach the finish before fainting!
Retro/Nintendo - This. Just this.
Smash - Master/Crazy Hand, of course. Preferably as a duo again.

And being hopeful.

Punch-Out!!! - Nick/Rick Bruiser from Super Punch Out, or King Hippo with the manhole cover on his gut (can be removed by battle damage).
Sonic The Hedgehog - Some fat guy in a robot.
Metal Gear - GECKOs. A group of them like on Shadow Moses Island in Brawl would be nice.
Mega Man - I actually hope Yellow Devil is a boss, lol.

And honestly can't remember what other series I was hoping for. Been working on this for a few hours. Should probably sleep.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Because it was way more memorable, he had the fake kredits!
Yeah, in the long run he was more memorable, but remember that he has the advantage of both nostalgia and appearing in a lot of games which built up his personality and likability. If you actually look at both of their designs, however, neither of them is inherently AMAZING or HORRIBLE, they're both just well designed. I will totally agree and say that King K. Rool >>> Tiki Tong, but think of it this way: if Tiki Tong was in the original DKC games and given a greater personality, when they replaced him with King K. Rool in DKCR people would be saying "WTF why are there crocodiles in my DKC?" instead of the other way around. It's all about perspective, maaaaaaan.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Fire Emblem: Grima

Haven't even played this game and i want to see that in smash!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yeah, in the long run he was more memorable, but remember that he has the advantage of both nostalgia and appearing in a lot of games which built up his personality and likability. If you actually look at both of their designs, however, neither of them is inherently AMAZING or HORRIBLE, they're both just well designed. I will totally agree and say that King K. Rool >>> Tiki Tong, but think of it this way: if Tiki Tong was in the original DKC games and given a greater personality, when they replaced him with King K. Rool in DKCR people would be saying "WTF why are there crocodiles in my DKC?" instead of the other way around. It's all about perspective, maaaaaaan.

By that logic koopas in Mario are equally as invalid.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
By that logic koopas in Mario are equally as invalid.
Well, I wasn't actually saying anything negative about the Kremlings at all, but here's some food for thought: the Kremlings were not originally intended to be the villains of DKC, but were instead transferred over from another one of Rare's projects. And yes, if the enemies in Mario were all originally, I don't know, dogs, and then they all got replaced by Koopas, people would be complaining too. So yeah.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Whitney's Miltank.
Lmfaooo trust...

@Shadow - i should really start playing FE...ima person who plays the same sheet over n over..i dont like coming outta my comfort zone...plus i cant afford it...nowadays i hate buying games in generalni hate spending £ on games...even if its games i know damn well i need and 100/ want....ugh gotta dish out £35 in Oct for PKMN Y....(have too (-_-)

Top Bottom