• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC's, The Technical Nightmare

4nonymous

Banned via Warnings
Every agree that they are arguably the hardest characters to master tech skill with?
No.

You don't hear Fly or Nintendude complaining about hand problems do you?

Spacies are literally hand killers.

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
They're less demanding on the body, but as the meta evolves I can only imagine players mastering unexplored difficult techniques like continuous desynchs which will probably add more strain on the hands. They're technical in other ways, mainly timing with desynchs, wobbling, CGs ect.

4nonymous

Banned via Warnings
They're less demanding on the body, but as the meta evolves I can only imagine players mastering unexplored difficult techniques like continuous desynchs which will probably add more strain on the hands. They're technical in other ways, mainly timing with desynchs, wobbling, CGs ect.
Oh. Yeah there is alot to learn.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
No.

You don't hear Fly or Nintendude complaining about hand problems do you?

Spacies are literally hand killers.
that is a terrible gauge of how difficult tech is...
Also keep in mind most people who destroy their hands playing this game do so because they don't take care of themselves.

I don't know if they are the most difficult technically, but they are definitely up there. Also remember their techskill isn't always just pushing buttons quickly, but often super specific timings and things like that.

derdian

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say they have the hardest tech skill to pull off, but they are one of the hardest characters in decision making in the matchup you are playing, and using certain tech skill and options for the given situation mid match.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I play them because the opposite, IC's are the technical dream, anything you can do, you can basicly do something else at the same time, super technical and precise but when you play on that level, there's very few things i think can stop them. But I guess i might be a bit optimistic and should look at the framedata for desynched backair traps and similar things to see if its possible to actually do cover everything in tons of situations.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
All I want to add to this topic at this point is that there is still a ton of stuff we don't even incorporate yet.
ICs have a lot of room to grow and a lot of us don't have the same attitude towards learning a lot of the crazy tech that, say, many spacies players tend to, because IC tech is often less flashy or noticable. But the tech is definitely still out there.

Also because of the smaller player pool, there arent as many players actively trying to develop or expiriment with new tech (although we do have a notable few) so it takes longer for a lot of IC things to become standard and we don't see them being used very often.

Top Bottom