• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers side-B (Squall Hammer recovery)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I was experimenting with the squall hammer the other day, and then I decided to try it in slow motion (1/4th speed). After pressing the B button rapidly after jumping in air, I was amazed to see the Ice Climbers gain amazing vertical height. I was wondering if anybody knows how many button pushes (the rate) are necessary in order to achieve maximum height? Also, is this prefered to the up-B in tournaments? I would appreciate any comments! Thanks! :)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
14 times a second

and this is preferred in tournament play cause it keeps the ICs together better and it can ride the stage better, it's also harder to edgegaurd i think

and it can rack up to 44 damage on the opponent, making it the 6th most damaging move in the game....

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick response mood4food77! I better start improving my finger speed so I can press it that fast...

Binx

Smash Master
I cant get my thumb to go fast enough to gain maimum height, but I have noticed that usually its a better option anyways, I like that it doesnt seperate popo and nana.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there's rarely a point to getting maximum height (besides dropping down to save nana - VERY situational and dangerous); i find that when i over b with two climbers, i barely mash at all (maybe 3-4x)

even getting to the top platform from stage level is hardly laborious

Top Bottom