• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice block Spam

Reside

Smash Apprentice
I used the search function and did not find anything relevent on this, nor have i seen any videos on it (although i dont watch IC videos to often).

Im sure alot of people already know of this but for those who dont

when you are in mid air and iceblock you rize alittle bit, and when you land it cancels alot of the down time.

so... 1.get on a platform 2. press down 3. press b
the iceblock should get you back on the platform and ready for anouther iceblock much faster then SHiceblock or just standing there ice block

i find the best speed is when your as low as you can get with the iceblock still getting you onto the platform

I am able to do it dysnched but only popo is doing this technique and nana stays on the platform

I use this in my game often, but i dont just get up there and start to spam. Just keep it in the back of your mind and use it when the oppertunity pops up.

Smash Master
Jesus, why are the IC's so **** complicated. I just thought it would be like grab...take stock, but now there's desynching and ... what the hell have I stumbled into, there's too many ... no .... stop.

On topic, good find, I will definitely try to use this, but fail and lose Nana :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Not new, but worth mentioning! Good stuff hombre.

And thank you for re-bringing it to the attention of the forum. Every frame counts.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hmmm... I can't have Nana do it either. Has anyone else succesfully had Nana do this?

She'll drop through the platform but no Ice Block.. I wonder why....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's like when you first start a match.. as you drop from the little teleporter thing, only Popo will launch an ice cube.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Old thread I know, but I figured this out yesterday and was going to make a thread but decided to search first.

I found a couple other interesting things about platforms and ice blocks. It's probably all known, at least to someone, but perhaps not widely known.

On Yoshi's Story and other stages with similar platform height you can desynch and have Nana drop down and shoot ice blocks from the platfrom and below it.

On Battlefield if you are on the edge of a platform and wavedash exactly in the SW or SE direction and fire an ice block you should platform cancel it.

You can desynch landing on a platform from below while launching ice blocks but it's not that easy...

Hmm...can't remember anything else right now. This is probably all known anyway. Share some more platform/ice block pseudosecrets if you have any.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Here's a secret:

Iceblock people trying to sweetspot the edge. It annoys the heck out of them LOL.

Unfortunately there's usually no following up on it.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
lolzlz, i love doing that to recovering marths... With d'syncd blocks you can get like 7 good hits...

Im gonna try to wavedash the blocks so i can come in with a smash or a grab...

cemo

white walker
Here's a secret:

Iceblock people trying to sweetspot the edge. It annoys the heck out of them LOL.

Unfortunately there's usually no following up on it.
This has won me matches before.
I mean, the ice blocks didn't kill him, but he got annoyed and jumped right into an fsmash. :dizzy:

pchoo

Smash Cadet
The question is why?
Might have something to do with how no CPU will ever do anything while dropping through a platform (until they hit ground, i think)... Since nana is a CPU who just somewhat follows your commands she probably has the same limitations.

Top Bottom