• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC help

mood4food77

Smash Hero
also what's teh best way to desynch, i've figured out the shield one and their spot dodge, taunt, but is there a better way to desynch, like teh dash dance one, etc

Binx

Smash Master
I wouldnt expect it to work on good players but that samus is very predictable, what I would do is when he jumps above you wavedash back right before he starts his attack and wavedash back in for either a smash or a grab, also you can nair through missles instead of trying to jab them its a little safer, I still preffer jumping, double jumping, wavelanding and patience to deal with my missles but if you intent on destroying them with a hammer nair is a better bet and can also lead into a free hit. If your friend crouch cancles the nair though be prepared for some horrible things to happen to you, which is why I would only use it on noobs. When he goes below the stage you can interupt him with ice blocks or you can nana charge a fsmash and then edgehog with popo.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Whiffed grab desynch works the same as Spotdodge/Taunt desynchs. Don't purposefully miss a grab but if you do, take the opportunity to desynch and apply more pressure.

Try using Ice blocks to interrupt her bomb-jumps.

Learn to powersheild, lol.

Samus has a little reflex problem looks like...the ICs weren't bad but it helps if u use some spices with your grabs like oh I don't know....a headbutt, tilt A, or maybe even down B.

EDIT: BTW speed the guy who was playing IC might want you to explain :p, lil harder to powershield for us beginners.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Powershielding is just hitting the shield button right as something would hit you. By timing it right, you will completely block any attack, and reflect any projectile.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i believe the exact timing for powershield is hitting shield while the projectile is at least partially within where your shield bubble would be

as you'd expect, chars with big shields or just tall and skinny chars are generally easier to PS with

or if you have two characters and therefore two shieldbubble areas (mostly overlapping but not completely) -_-

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know how to powersheild....it's just not the easiest thing in the world, everyone knows that

i forgot that this was my thread...but since then i've improved..but i've also given up playing ICs against any samus

Top Bottom