• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i think zelda is going to fave to do her FS to turn into sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
ill post a pic later to what im talking about but i think Zelda's FS is her turning into sheik if i read this properbly i just got the game informer magazine a couple of days ago and it said people like samus and zelda has to do their FS to earn their alter ego

so it looks like zelda is more likely to have a new down B move

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
I hope shiek is gone. At least as Zelda's transofrmation. I didn't like her, and I definatly dont want a final smash including her. :/
Separate character would be alot better. (If sheik returns)

Iris

Smash Ace
I don't understand the logic behind it though. Sheik is FAR from an "ultimate attack," and unlike Samus, there's no logical reason for her to have to transform after the attack.

Chances are Game Informer has no idea what they're talking about.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Really I hope that's not the case it would take away from both Zelda's and Zamus's originality. Plus I don't think I will ever use Zelda's FS if I have to be stuck with Sheik the rest of the match when I didn't choose her in the first place.

Iris hopefully your right that Game Informer is clueless to what their writing.

Iris

Smash Ace
This topic isn't really dedicated to Sheik in particular. It's rather difficult to talk about an ambiguous Zelda without occasionally mentioning Sheik. Unfortunately, Sakurai hasn't given us plenty of things to talk about, so either this board has <200 posts or we get to have fun and speculate a little. :(

Though this should probably be merged with the other Zelda FS thread.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is FAR from an "ultimate attack," and unlike Samus, there's no logical reason for her to have to transform after the attack.
Exactly, Samus and ZSS make sense because ZSS is not the Final Smash, the giant beam is, so it doesn't imply that ZSS is Samus's greatest threat. But by just having Zelda transform into Sheik, it's saying that her Final Smash is Sheik, which implies that Sheik is the better of the two. Which is just plain stupid.

And honestly, I don't know how she could have a Final Smash that results in her changing into Sheik.

So no, Sheik as Zelda's FS is out in my opinion. Hopefully out for good actually.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
by the way it was worded, it probably meant that "the game develepers have made the new final smash attacks very important to the game and very novel, for instance, wario's moves become more powerful, peach recovers her health and ------- zelda and Samus have to do their Final Smashes to reach their alter egos" !!!!!!

trying to make final smashes very pivitol, they apparantly made zelda have the same gimic as Samus in order to show the "awsomeness" and importance of the FS attack. This doesn't seem unlike what Sakurai would do actually.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS PEOPLE!!! Samus seems like a fairly whole and balanced character in spite of having ZSS as her FS, that means Zelda will be too, and not be nerfed like she was in Melee and have Shiek compensate (or mabye overcompensate).

Oh yah, we will also have a new down B! (or a new B and have Naryus love as Down B).

We need some hard proof to be sure (like where game informer actually says that) but if true, I am satisfied to know that Zelda will be a whole and competitive character.

(and Sheik might not be available for competitive play if game balance is found to be worse with FS on ---- items were taken off because it makes game balance worse as fast characters such as fox can get to the items faster and reflect them back at players, this may not be the case with FSs as they may give weaker characters more power, though Sonic's FS looks unbalanced, its too early to tell)

EDIT: I wish the poster's grammar was better because I want this topic to be stickied

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I would much, much, MUCH rather have Zelda have a unique and powerful FS and the same down-b than the reverse. A FS that turns her into Sheik has no originality or flair. It's not even close to awe-inspiring, which is what FSes are supposed to be.

If Sheik is returning as a transformation of Zelda, please god let it be down-b.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I would much, much, MUCH rather have Zelda have a unique and powerful FS and the same down-b than the reverse. A FS that turns her into Sheik has no originality or flair. It's not even close to awe-inspiring, which is what FSes are supposed to be.

If Sheik is returning as a transformation of Zelda, please god let it be down-b.

I don't understand why so many people want sheik as a transformation, according to their trophies, they were both nerfed in different areas to compensate for each others strenght (they forgot to nerf one of them....), why would you want a useless Zelda, like last game, and a useless Sheik (because she would have been nerfed) instead of 2 full characters???

Of course, I guess you should be angry if you wanted a Sheik main or something, because now you have to start out as Zelda (and changing into a different character is a pretty cool FS considering everyone else's FS, and if you still don't think its good, don't despair FSs might be taken out of competitive play altogether :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom